The Zoram Mega Food Park (MFP) is the first Mega Food Park operationalized in the State of Mizoram. The MFP was virtually inaugurated by the Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Harsimrat Kaur Badal, recently. The park is expected to provide employment to 5000 persons and to benefit about 25000 farmers. The Park will leverage an additional investment of around Rs. 250 Crore in about 30 food processing units in the park and would eventually result in a annual turnover of about Rs. 450-500 Crores.
About Zoram Mega Food Park:
Zoram Mega Food Park is an integrated project which offers infrastructure and services for food processing across the value chain in order to maximize value addition and minimize the wastage. The project of Mega Food Park is being executed under the Mega Food Park Scheme of the Minsitry of Food Processing. The primary objective of the park is to nurture sustainable food processing industry in Mizoram. The mega food park has been set up at Village-Khamrang in Kolasib District, Mizoram.
It is a venture by the Mizo Entrepreneurs which has been executed under the Mega Food Park Scheme of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries. The mega food park will benefit the farmers, growers, processors and consumers of Mizoram as well as the adjoining areas. It is expected to provide an impetus to the growth of the Food Processing Sector in Mizoram.
About the Mega Food Park Scheme of the Minsitry of Food Processing:
Mega Food Park scheme has been launched by the Minsitry of Food Processing to provide a mechanism to connect agricultural production to the market by integrating the farmers, processors and retailers in order to ensure maximizing value addition, minimizing wastage, increasing farmers income and generating employment opportunities especially in the rural sector. The MFP generally comprises of of supply chain infrastructure that includes collection centers, primary processing centers, central processing centers, cold chain as well as about 25-30 fully developed plots for entrepreneurs to set up food processing units.
- Environmental Performance Index 2020
- IMF releases “World Economic Outlook”
- GoI reviews extant Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy
- Union Cabinet Approves “Scheme for formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises”
Government of India also offers financial assistance of upto Rs. 50.00 Crore per Mega Food Park project under the Mega Food Park Scheme. Till now, 37 projects of Mega Food Parks have been funded by the government out of which 19 Mega Food Parks have already become functional in the States while 18 Mega Food Park Projects are under implementation in various states.
Important features of the Zoram Mega Food Park:
- It has been set up in 55.00 acre of land at a project cost of Rs 75.20 crore.
- The Central Processing Centre (CPC) of the Mega Food Park comprises of Cold Storage-1000MT, Drywarehouse-3000 MT, Ripening Chambers-40MT/Hr, Spices drying facility-2MT/Hr, Aseptic pulp line with canning, aseptic and tetra packing-2 MT/Hr, Food Testing Laboratory as well as state of art enabling infrastructure.
- It will benefit the people of Kolasib-District and of nearby Districts of Mamit & Aizawl of Mizoram.
- It will provide direct and indirect employment to 5,000 persons and benefit about 25,000 farmers.
You may also like to read:
- Current Affairs one-liners
- Current Affairs & Daily GK Updates 2020
- Download GA Power Capsule for Bank/Insurance Exams
All the Best BA’ians for RBI Assistant Mains!