Are you looking for opportunities in banking sector after completing your 12th? Want to know what all posts are there for you? Well look no more as we will be answering one of the question that is often ask by the students is whether they are eligible to apply for bank exams or not? The answer is no. As the eligibility criteria stated by different banking notification, minimum education qualification needed is Graduation. A student cannot apply for bank exams after 12th. There are several factors and we will try to answer this question in more detail by giving you the eligibility criteria of banking exam so that you understand better. There are basically three entry level jobs in banking sector for a candidate namely:
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
- Bank Probationary Officer
- Bank Specialist Officer
There are certain banks and organisation that releases vacancies for the recruitment of candidates having qualification till 12th. One such notification was released by NABARD for the recruitment of Office attendant for which only 10+2 were eligible to apply. In future, students can expect more such vacancies in future as well. You can get more information, NABARD Office Attendant Recruitment 2019: Check Official Notification
The regulator of all the commercial banks, RBI had released notification for the post of office attendant in the year 2017, but since then no such notification has been released but we can surely expect such vacancies coming in future. You can get more information, RBI Office Attendant 2017-18 – Notification FAQs
Eligibility Criteria For Banking Jobs
While applying for Banking sector there are different factors that decided the eligibility criteria like: candidate’s nationality, age and educational qualification along with this, a candidate seeking reservation under SC/ ST/ OBC / EWS and PwD have to fulfil some other eligibility criteria as well.
Eligibility Criterian: Nationality
As per the notifications that has been released so far, we are giving you an outline of the eligibility based on nationality which is same for all the three posts.
- A Citizen of India
- A Subject of Nepal
- A Subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India prior to January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
*It is clearly mentioned in the notification that the candidates belonging to categories (2), (3), (4) and (5) are required to possess and produce, whenever asked by IBPS, a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
|What is Repo Rate ?||What is PMJDY?||CLR Vs SLR||Coronavirus Count|
Eligibility Criterian: Age
This is another factor that is responsible for the eligibility criteria of a candidate to apply for the recruitment process. A candidate must fall in the range of the minimum and maximum age between 20 and 30 years of age. It vary from bank to bank and it is similar for PO and SO while for Clerk the minimum and maximum age limit is between 20 years to 28 years. There are age relaxation provision also which is given to candidates belonging to reserved categories as mentioned below:
|SC/ ST (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe)||5 years|
|OBC (Other Backward Classes – Non Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PwD (Persons With Disabilities)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers which inlcudes Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs). These candidates must have gained at least 5 years of military service and have been released on completion of the assignment (including those whose assignment is due within a year)||5 years|
|Persons originally domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
- There is provision of getting relaxation in age limit for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates is allowed on cumulative basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted.
- There is provision of getting relaxation in age limit for General and Economically Weaker Section Category candidates.
- It is important and mandatory for candidates seeking any benfit of age relaxation will have to produce supporting documents in original and photocopies at any stage of the recruitment process as required by Organisation.
- In case if an Ex-servicemen who once joined a Government job on the civil side after availing the benefits given to him as an Ex-servicemen for his re-employment, his Ex-servicemen status for the purpose of re-employment in Government recruitment ceases.
|List of Presidents||List of Prime Ministers||Largest State of India||Governers of RBI|
Eligibility Criterian: Education
It is mandatory for candidate to have Graduation Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government though for SO because for it, a candidate is required to have specialization in that specific field.