Daily GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily GK Update is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 02nd November 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Daily GK Update of the 02nd November 2022 covering the following news headlines: Central Vigilance Awareness Week, Mexican Grand Prix 2022, SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy, KYC Registration Agency, Friends of Liberation War.
Top 18 Daily GK Updates: National & International News
Here is providing below the top 18 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. Supreme Court Bans Two-Finger Test
- The Supreme Court on 31 October, reiterated the ban on the “two-finger test” in rape cases, warning that persons using such tests will be deemed guilty of misconduct.
- Observing that the test was based on a patriarchal mindset that assumed that sexually active women could not be raped, the bench of Justices DY Chandrachud and Hima Kohli regretted that such a method of examination was being used even today.
- This court has time and again deprecated the use of two finger-test in cases alleging rape and sexual assault. The so called test has no scientific basis. It instead re-victimises and re-traumatises women. The two finger test must not be conducted. The test is based on an incorrect assumption that a sexually active woman cannot be raped. Nothing can be further from the truth.
2. Government-approved Electronics Manufacturing Cluster at Ranjangaon
- Union Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology Rajeev Chandrasekhar announced that an Electronics Manufacturing Cluster is to be developed in the Ranjangaon area of Maharashtra.
- The Electronics Manufacturing Clusters will be developed for ₹500 crores. Electronics Manufacturing Clusters are expected to generate thousands of jobs in the coming years and will attract an investment of over ₹2,000 crores.
- Union Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar informed that the Electronics Manufacturing Clusters have been approved to make Maharashtra into an electronics hub.
- The government will invest upto ₹500 crore in this project.
- The Electronics Manufacturing Clusters project has joined Tamil Nadu, Noida, and Karnataka in making an aggressive pitch to emerge as a powerful electronic hub.
3. Ghana to assume Presidency of UN Security Council
- West African country, Ghana assumes the rotating monthly Presidency of the United Nations Security Council. During the month of November 2022, Ghana shall preside over the meetings of the Council (adoptions, debates and consultations) and, under its authority, shall represent the Security Council in its capacity as an organ of the United Nations.
- Ghana rejoined the UN Security Council on January 1, 2022. It is the third time Ghana is holding a nonpermanent seat on the Council.
- Ghana was first given the opportunity to serve on the council from 1962 to 1963, and was back for the period of January 2006 – December 2007.
4. Arunachal Pradesh to get Northeast’s first fish museum
- A fish museum, the first of its kind in the Northeast, would soon be built in Arunachal Pradesh, Fisheries Minister Tage Taki.
- The museum in the NorthEast region (NER), with all fish species across the district from Tawang to Longding, to attract tourists, fish lovers and the museum will also serve as a training centre for fish farmers.
- The fish museum would be a part of India’s first Integrated Aqua Park (IAP), sanctioned by the Union Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying (MoFAHD).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Arunachal Pradesh Governor: Dr B. D. Mishra;
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister (CM): Pema Khandu;
- Arunachal Pradesh National Parks: Mouling National park, Namdapha National Park;
- Arunachal Pradesh Wildlife Sanctuaries: Talle Wildlife Sanctuary, Eagle Nest Wildlife Sanctuary.
5. National Tribal Dance Festival begins in Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh celebrates its 23rd State Foundation Day on 1st November 2022 and as a part of the celebrations, Raipur will host the 3rd National Tribal Dance Festival.
- The National Tribal Dance Festival will be celebrated from 1st November 2022 to 3rd November 2022. On behalf of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, other state representatives have invited the Chief Minister, and officials to be present in the National Tribal Dance Festival.
- In the National Tribal Dance Festival. tribal dance groups from all states and union territories of India will be taking part.
- The highlights of the National Tribal Dance Festival will be the other countries including Mongolia, Tongo, Russia, Indonesia, Maldives, and Mozambique participating in the event.
6. UPI Transactions Grow 7.7% To 730 Cr in October
- Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) using Unified Payments Interface BHIM-UPI recorded a new high, transactions rose by 7.7 per cent in October to 730 crore(7.3 Billion). The total value for the month stood at more than ₹12.11 lakh crore.
- In September, UPI transactions stood at 678 crore with a total value of ₹11.16 lakh crore. The number of instant interbank fund transfer through IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) in October stood at 48.25 crore and the value was at Rs 4.66 lakh crore. In terms of transactions, it was higher by 4.3 per cent compared to September, according to the monthly data from the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) released.
7. Gujarat Government Set Up Committee To Implement Uniform Civil Code(UCC)
- With Gujarat headed to Assembly elections and awaiting the release of the poll schedule, state Home Minister Harsh Sanghavi announced that the cabinet had decided to form a committee for the implementation of the Uniform Civil Code (UCC) in the state.
- Gujarat is the second BJP-ruled state after Uttarakhand to constitute a committee of experts on the UCC. Chief Ministers of Himachal Pradesh and Assam, also ruled by the BJP, too have backed the UCC proposal.
- The committee will be constituted under the leadership of a retired judge of the High Court. The cabinet has given the Chief Minister the right to constitute the committee and it is expected to comprise three-four members. Its scope of work too will be decided.
8. Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina confers ‘Friends of Liberation War’ honour on Edward M Kennedy
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina conferred the prestigious ‘Friends of Liberation War’ honour on former US Senator Edward M Kennedy posthumously in Dhaka for his contribution to the liberation of Bangladesh. The honour was handed over to his son Edward M Ted Kennedy Junior.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina recalled the great contribution of Edward Kennedy Senior with gratitude. She said that Kennedy Senior took a bold stand against the genocide committed by Pakistan on innocent Bengali people despite the US government’s role during the 1971 liberation war.
9. 63 officers awarded with ‘Union Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal’
- 63 police officers from Maharashtra, Delhi, Punjab, Telangana, and Jammu & Kashmir have been awarded the ‘Union Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal’ for the year 2022.
- The award was given by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) for four special operations conducted by them in areas of terrorism, border actions, arms control, prevention of narcotics smuggling, and rescue operations.
- In total, 63 police officers have been awarded the special medal on the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The officers belonged to Telangana, Punjab, Maharashtra, Delhi, and the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir.
Science and Technology News
10. BSE Technologies launched of KYC Registration Agency
- BSE Technologies announced the launch of the KYC Registration Agency KRA, which maintains KYC records of investors in an electronic form. BSE Technologies is a subsidiary of BSE.
- KRA is a Sebi-regulated intermediary that grants the marker participants authorization for investors’ Know Your Client. KYC is Mando for investment in the securities market.
- KYC KRA has become a key segment for securities market investors and acts as a starting point for any investor’s journey in the security market.
- BSE group has played a pioneering role in transforming the Indian capital market.
- Sebi issued fresh guidelines for KRA in April, whereby such agencies will have to independently validate the KYC records of all clients from 1st July.
11. SpaceX Launches First Falcon Heavy Mission, After 3 Years
- SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy, the world’s most-powerful active rocket, lifted off for the first time in more than three years, from Florida’s Cape Canaveral, with Elon Musk’s company sending a group of satellites into orbit for the U.S. Space Force.
- The rocket system, representing three Falcon 9 boosters strapped side-by-side, lifted off at a SpaceX launch pad. The rocket’s two side boosters were due to land in synchrony on adjacent concrete slabs along Florida’s east coast roughly eight minutes after liftoff. The Heavy carried a handful of classified payloads toward geostationary orbit for the U.S. Space Force on a mission called USSF-44.
Ranks and Reports News
12. Google Buys Twitter-Backed AI Avatar Startup Alter for $100 mn
- Tech giant Google has acquired Alter, an artificial intelligence (AI) avatar startup that was working on using AI to generate avatars for social media users and brands to express their virtual identity.
- According to TechCrunch, Google buys the startup for about $100 million in an effort to improve its content game and compete with TikTok. The U.S. and Czech-headquartered, Alter started as Facemoji, a platform that offered plug-and-play technology for helping game and App developers add avatar systems to their Apps. Among its investors are Play Ventures, Roosh Ventures and Twitter, which invested $3 million in the startup. Later Facemoji rebranded as Alter.
Books and Authors News
13. French author Rene Naba releases New Book “Nuclearization of Asia”
- French Author Rene Naba has authored a new bilingual book in both French and English titled “De la Nucléarisation de l’Asie“(Nuclearization of Asia). The book discusses the nuclear emergency and threat posed by the nexus of Pakistan and China.
- The book published by Golias was released at the Geneva Press Club which was attended by the inperson participation of 35 people and 23 of them participated in virtual mode. René Naba is the author of 2 books on Asia.
- The 1st book was “Pakistan facing the challenge of the postWestern world and Eurasia” Golias 2018, the first book in French on the strategic mutation of Pakistan. Rene Naba is the former head of the Arab Muslim world in the diplomatic service of AFP and vice president of the International Center for the Fight against Terrorism.
14. Formula-1 racing: Max Verstappen won Mexican Formula 1 GP 2022
- Red Bull driver Max Verstappen finished in first place at the Mexican Grand Prix 2022 to claim his record-setting 14th win of the season. Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton and Red Bull’s Sergio Perez finished second and third respectively.
- Verstappen 14th victory of the season sees him pass Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel for the most race wins in a single season in Formula One history. Verstappen is now the most successful driver in the history of the Mexican GP, having secured his fourth title. It was the 34th race win of his career & 14th win of the 2022 season.
15. Central Vigilance Awareness Week is observed from 31st October to 6th November 2022
- Central Vigilance Commission observes Vigilance Awareness Week during the week in which 31st of October, the birthday of the late Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel falls.
- This year, Vigilance Awareness Week is being observed from 31st October to 6th November 2022 with the following theme: “Corruption-free India for a developed Nation”.
16. International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists: 2 November
- November 2nd has been observed as the International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists (IDEI) since 2013. The day came into existence when the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) passed a resolution in December 2013.
- The day draws attention to impunity, i.e., culprits going unpunished, to crimes against journalists. It took a couple of years of work and extensive lobbying from IFEX (formerly International Freedom of Expression Exchange) and others to get the Resolution for marking the day passed.
- The main event to celebrate the 2022 International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists is a High-Level Multi-Stakeholder Conference on the Safety of Journalists with the theme “Protecting Media to Protect Democracy” in Vienna, Austria.
- This year’s slogan is Knowing the “Truth is Protecting the Truth”.
17. CSIR-NIScPR Celebrates “International Open Access Week-2022”
- International Open Access Week is celebrated worldwide to create awareness about open-access scholarly publishing among researchers and publishers by CSIR-NIScPR. It is celebrated globally during the last full week of October.
- To highlight the different aspects and opportunities of the Open Access Publishing, different outreach activities are organized including talks, seminars, symposia, or the announcement of open-access mandates or other milestones in open access.
- In the year 2022, The International Open Access Week, entered in its fifteenth year of celebration. International Open Access Week is organized by Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC) in partnership with the Open Access Week Advisory Committee.
18. Tata Steel Jamshedpur India’s first to achieve ResponsibleSteel certification
- Tata Steel has received ResponsibleSteel certification for three of its production facilities in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. The steel works, tubes division and cold rolling mill (Bara) have joined the group of other steel-producing sites around the world with the certification.
- This is a historic moment for Tata Steel and an important step in our sustainability journey. Globally, the steel industry is at a critical juncture and the larger impact of how we produce and consume steel needs to be addressed urgently.
02nd November | Current Affairs 2022 | Current Affairs Today | Current Affairs by Ashish Gautam
All the Best BA’ians for the Bank exam!