Daily GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily GK Update is the complete bag of the important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 09th July 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Daily GK Update of the 09th July 2022 covering the following news headlines: Mission Kushal Karmi, 36th National Games, 2022 Malaysia Open, Indian Air Force, Kharchi festival, SVANidhi Mahotsav.
Top 13 Daily GK Updates: National & International News
Here is providing below the top 13 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. Amit Shah virtually unveils ‘Statue of Peace’ of Swamy Ramanujacharya
- Union home minister, Amit Shah virtually unveiled the ‘Statue of Peace’ of Swamy Ramanujacharya in Srinagar, located in a temple in the Sonwar region.
- Saint Ramanujacharya, also known as Ramanuja, is considered to be a great thinker, philosopher and social reformer, a south Indian Brahmin born in Tamil Nadu’s Sriperumbudur.
- Ramanuja is known to have revolted against the discrimination of untouchability and played a role in bringing a big change in society. He is a follower of Vaishnavism and taught people the principles of salvation.
2. Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launches SVANidhi Mahotsav
- On the occasion of second anniversary of the Prime Minister Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbharNidhi (PM SVANidhi) scheme, the Housing and Urban affairs Minister, Hardeep Singh Puri launched the ‘SVANIdhi Mahotsav,’ which will be celebrated from 9th to 31st of July.
- The festival will be organized in 75 cities across all states and Union Territories, and showcase various cultural activities, digital training activities and loan melas. It will also have functions for felicitation of distinguished Street vendors.
3. To execute NEP 2020, PM launches Akhil Bhartiya Shiksha Samagam
- According to a press release from the Prime Minister’s Office, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Akhil Bhartiya Shiksha Samagam on the National Education Policy in Varanasi.
- The Prime Minister told the audience that “our education system and young generation carry a large role of realising the vows of the “Amrit Kaal.” He bowed to Mahamana Madan Mohan Malviya, wishing the Samagam all the best. The Prime Minister opened the Akshay Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchen at LT College earlier in the day.
4. UP becomes first state to have 13 expressways in the nation
- Uttar Pradesh‘s largest expressway network now has a foundation thanks to Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- The state will soon have better highway connectivity from many other nations throughout the world.
- The state now boasts 13 expressways, making it the first state in the nation to do so. Six of the 13 expressways totaling 3200 km are in use while the other seven are under construction.
5. Western Railways opened longest skywalk connecting Mumbai’s Bandra Terminus to Khar station
- The Western Railway’s (WR) longest skywalk from the Khar Road railway station to the nearby Bandra Terminus has been opened for the passengers to reach the platforms to board trains easily.
- The skywalk spans 314 meters long and is 4.4 meters wide. Western Railway’s noted that the skywalk will allow passengers to reach Bandra (T) directly by deboarding at Khar station & taking south Foot Over Bridge.
- The new skywalk was built at an estimated cost of Rs 14 crore. Around 510 MT structural steel, 20 MT Reinforcement steel and 240 cum of concrete was used for the construction. This skywalk will connect all foot over bridges of Bandra Terminus.
6. Rajasthan government will introduce India’s first right-to-health bill
- The Rajasthan government is soon likely to introduce in the Assembly the Right to Health Bill, “the first of its kind in India”, which aims to commit to quality and affordable health care services through government and private health care providers.
- In January, the government had prepared a draft bill that defines the rights of patients, their attendants and health care providers, as well as a system for addressing grievances of the stakeholders.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Rajasthan Governor: Kalraj Mishra;
- Rajasthan Capital: Jaipur;
- Rajasthan Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot.
7. Kharchi festival begins in Tripura
- A week-long traditional Kharchi festival, offering prayer to 14 gods and goddess, began with thousands of devotees converging at Khayerpur on the eastern outskirts of the Tripura.
- Kharchi Puja is predominantly a tribal festival but it owes its origins to Hindu religion. Devotees and sadhus from across India and neighbouring Bangladesh have also participated in the festival.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Tripura Capital: Agartala;
- Tripura Chief Minister: Dr. Manik Saha;
- Tripura Governor: Satyadeo Narain Arya.
8. R K Gupta named as deputy Election commissioner
- Senior bureaucrat R K Gupta was appointed as the deputy election commissioner, an order issued by the Personnel Ministry said.
- He comes in place of T Sreekanth. Gupta, a Central Secretariat Service (CSS) officer, will serve as deputy election commissioner (Joint secretary level) till 28 February next year, the date of his superannuation.
Other important person of Election commission:
- Chief Election Commissioner of India: Rajiv Kumar
- Election Commissioner: Anup Chandra Pandey
9. Indian Air Force & PNB signs MoU for ‘PNB Rakshak Plus Scheme’
- Public sector bank, Punjab National Bank (PNB) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian Air Force (IAF) under its flagship scheme, PNB Rakshak Scheme.
- The MoU focus on providing a bouquet of benefits along with specially designed products for the IAF personnel, including personal insurance cover.
- This scheme includes personal accident insurance as well as air accidental insurance to serving, retired as well trainees of the defence forces. It also covers retired defence pensioners, along with personnel of the central armed police forces, state police force, and metro police.
10. Malaysia Open Badminton Tournament 2022 conclude
- The 2022 Malaysia Open (officially known as the Petronas Malaysia Open 2022 for sponsorship reasons) was a badminton tournament that took place at the Axiata Arena, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 28 June to 3 July 2022 and had a total prize of US $675,000.
- The 2022 Malaysia Open was the twelfth tournament of the 2022 BWF World Tour and was part of the Malaysia Open championships, which had been held since 1937. This tournament was organized by the Badminton Association of Malaysia with sanction from the BWF.
List of winners:
|Men’s singles title||Viktor Axelsen (Denmark)|
|Women’s singles title||Ratchanok Intanon (Thailand)|
|Men’s doubles champions||Takuro Hoki / Yugo Kobayashi of Japan|
|Women’s doubles champions||Apriyani Rahayu and Siti Fadia Silva Ramadhanti of Indonesia|
|Mixed doubles||China’s Zheng Siwei and Huang Yaqiong|
11. 36th National Games: To be held in Gujarat from Sep 27 to Oct 10
- Bhupendra Patel, the chief minister of Gujarat, declared that the 36th National Games will be held in his state from September 27 to October 10 for the first time ever.
- Due to a number of factors, including the coronavirus pandemic since 2020, the prestigious event is being hosted after a seven-year hiatus; the previous one was in Kerala in 2015.
- The chief minister claimed in another post that Gujarat has world-class athletic facilities and that the sporting world is experiencing a resurgence. The government will do everything possible to make the national games the best athletic event ever.
12. Mission Kushal Karmi: Delhi Govt’s scheme to improve construction workers’ skills
- Manish Sisodia, the deputy chief minister of Delhi, started Mission Kushal Karmi to help construction workers improve their abilities.
- According to a formal press release, the Delhi government developed this programme with assistance from the Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University (DSEU) and Delhi Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board.
- This DSEU programme to increase the skills of construction workers, in collaboration with Simplex, NAREDCO, and India Vision Foundation, is particularly unique. Workers will upskill as part of this 15-day special training programme, which will increase their salaries in the future.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi: Shri Manish Sisodia
- Chief Minister of Delhi: Shri Arvind Kejriwal
13. 2-Day training on Disaster Management of Museums held at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- At the Rashtrapati Bhavan Museum, Rashtrapati Bhavan has organised a workshop on “Disaster Management of Museums and Heritage Buildings” in collaboration with the National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM).
- The President’s Secretariat announced today that the goal of this training is to raise knowledge of disaster management among Rashtrapati Bhavan staff and other stakeholders, with a special focus on heritage buildings, museums, and cultural heritage.
09th July | Current Affairs 2022 | Current Affairs Today | Current Affairs by Ashish Gautam
All the Best BA’ians for the Bank exam!