Dear Students, as per the tentative schedule of IBPS 2018, the mains examination for the recruitment of IBPS PO will be conducted on 18th of November. If one gets through this phase of the examination, she will get to appear for the final phase of this examination i.e. Personal Interview. Mains examination, being the second and final step of objective type examinations, demands extra study hours, efforts and travail. With only two weeks remaining for this examination to be held, you must have yourself realized the dire need of keeping your casual attitude at bay and sinking your teeth into the preparations. In these last days of your preparations plan everything in a way that you are able to do with the syllabus and revision on time. Here is the 2-weeks study plan for IBPS PO Mains by Bankersadda to help you plan your revision in the most prolific manner.
Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude Section Strategy
- The trick to attempt the maximum number of questions in Reasoning Section in minimum time is to attempt the difficult puzzles in the end.
- Start with the questions that are not in the form of puzzles, you can choose to start with the questions based on inequalities, direction and distance, syllogism, coding-decoding, alphanumeric series, and other random topics.
- Then try to start with puzzles that appear easy to solve and proceed with moderate and difficult puzzles in a similar way. So, this is how you have to manage to attempt this section.
- Computer Aptitude is a subject that many students are already familiar with. Although in previous exams, there were no questions from computer aptitude but as an aspirant yearning to score maximum in the exam, you should revise this subject as well. So in case if there is a set of questions in this section from computer aptitude; they will help you score.
- For Computer Aptitude you need to be familiar with the basics of computers and proper definitions. You can refer to the computer capsule available on Bankersadda and Adda247 App for quick revision.
English Language Section Strategy
- The trick to scoring in the English section can vary from one person to another depending on his/her strengths and weaknesses.
- If you are good at vocab and reading then attempt the reading comprehension first and proceed with Cloze Test and other miscellaneous topics like Error Detection, Para Jumbles, Phrase Replacement, Double Fillers, etc.
- But if you are good at grammar, attempt Reading Comprehension in the end.
- Reading comprehension too should be attempted in a way that you attempt questions based on vocab and phrases first and then the questions that need a deeper penetration through the paragraphs.
- The important topics for cloze test are subject-verb agreement, preposition, and verbs. These topics may help you do some other questions too that will be based on grammar. So make sure that you have these topics on your fingertips when you are to attempt the examination.
General Awareness Section Strategy
- So much is happening every day that unless you keep yourself abreast of these changes you cannot adjust yourself to them or tackle the GA section of any exam smoothly and easily.
- To save your precious time, we provide you with an alternative that is Adda247’s “Daily GK Update” (Available in both Hindi and English languages) that contains only the news that is important from the point of view of competitive examinations. It contains all the news that is likely to be asked in the IBPS PO Mains Examinations.
- Avoid the habit of ignoring the everyday news, telling yourself that you will do it in the end when the examinations are close, you only end up lying crushed under a pile of news.
- You can go through the Monthly Capsules provided by Bankersadda for both Current Affairs as well as Banking Awareness.
Data Analysis And Interpretation Section Strategy
- The trick to scoring marks in Quantitative Aptitude Section is to attempt the questions on Quadratic Equations, Simplification and Approximation first and then going for Number Series.
- After having attempted all these questions efficiently, go for Data Interpretation.
- The remaining few questions will be based on miscellaneous topics like CI & SI, Time and Work, Pipes, and Cisterns, Partnership, etc.
|WEEK||REASONING||DATA ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION||ENGLISH||GENERAL AWARENESS|
2nd Nov-9th Nov
|Miscellaneous||Miscellaneous DI, Simplification, Time and Distance, Percentage, Problems on Trains, SI and CI, Average, Boat and stream, Profit and Loss, Number Series, Approximation,||Cloze Test, Error Detection, Vocabulary, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Improvement, Sentence Connectors||Banking, Static and Financial Awareness based on current affairs (June to August)|
10th Nov- 17th Nov
|puzzle and seating arrangement, direction, machine input-output||Miscellaneous DI, Approximation, Time and Work, Discount, Mixture and Allegation, Problems on age, Permutation and Combination, Probability, Number Series, Quadratic Equation, Mensuration||Reading Comprehension, Sentence Improvement, Cloze Test, Vocabulary, Sentence Connectors, Paragraph Completion||Banking, Static and Financial Awareness based on current affairs (September and October)|
- Bank PO Salary: SBI, IBPS & RRB Salary Details
- 15 Ways To Know If You Are Preparing For An Exam The Right Way
- Right Practice Can Help You Crack IBPS Exam This Year!!
- Wipe The Slate Clean And Start Over…