Daily GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily GK Update is the complete bag of the important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update of the 21st April 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Daily GK Update of the 21st April 2022 covering the following news headlines: National Cyber Exercise, Jan Nigrani, 2022 Kharif campaign, VAGSHEER, World Creativity and Innovation Day 2022.
Top 15 Daily GK Updates: National & International News
Here is providing below the top 15 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. India’s first pure green hydrogen plant commissioned in Assam
- India’s first 99.999% pure Green Hydrogen pilot plant has been commissioned by the Oil India Limited (OIL) at its Jorhat Pump Station in Assam. The plant has an installed capacity of 10 kg per day.
- The plant produces Green Hydrogen from the electricity generated by a 500kW Solar plant using a 100 kW Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) Electrolyser array. The use of AEM technology is being used for the first time in India.
- This plant is expected to increase its production of green hydrogen from 10 kg per day to 30 kg per day in future.
- The company has initiated a detailed study in collaboration with IIT Guwahati on the blending of Green Hydrogen with Natural Gas and its effect on the existing infrastructure of OIL. The company also plans to study use cases for commercial applications of the blended fuel.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Assam Capital: Dispur;
- Assam Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma;
- Assam Governor: Jagadish Mukhi.
2. Government Officials to be trained in National Cyber Exercise
- To bolster India’s cyber posture, the National Security Council Secretariat is holding a National Cyber Security Incident Response Exercise (NCX India) for government officials and key sector organisations.
- The National Cyber Security Incident Response Exercise was kicked off by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval.
- According to a statement from the National Security Council Secretariat, more than 140 officials would be trained through training sessions, Live Fire, and Strategic exercises.
- Intrusion Detection Techniques, Malware Information Sharing Platform (MISP), Vulnerability Handling & Penetration Testing, Network Protocols & Data Flows, and Digital Forensics are among the topics covered by the attendees.
- The practise comes in the wake of recent power grid hacking incidents in Ladakh, as well as a number of incidents involving ministry Twitter accounts being hacked.
- A couple of attempted efforts to breach networks of despatch centres responsible for real-time grid control and electricity dispatch, according to the Centre, have occurred in recent months.
3. J&K launched ‘Jan Nigrani’ app to help people lodge complaints
- The Department of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Jammu and Kashmir, under the e-governance initiative has launched an app ‘Jan Nigrani’, intended to help people lodge their complaints related to various schemes online.
- The Jan Nigrani app is a 24×7 internet-based platform aimed at reporting and resolving the grievances of the residents of J&K, against various government schemes launched by the department.
- The app would act as a single link between the residents and the officials by mapping concerned authorities related to the complaint about faster grievance redressal. The app has been developed as an e-governance initiative to provide a 24×7 platform to the people for redressal of their grievances.
- The application has been set at the block level with a seven-day time slot to redress any particular grievance. It will also check bogus or false complaints and can be downloaded from the Google play store of android software.
- The app would also facilitate accurate reporting of grievances using customised scheme-specific input forms to ensure minimal rejections on account of incomplete information.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- J&K Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha;
- J&K Formation (Union territory): 31 October 2019;
- J&K Capital: Jammu (winter), Srinagar (summer).
4. Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates a nationwide meeting on agriculture for the 2022 Kharif campaign
- Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Agriculture Minister, recently launched the National Conference on Agriculture for the Kharif Campaign 2022-23 at the NASC Complex in New Delhi.
- The Minister expressed his delight that, according to the 2nd Advance Estimates (2021-22), total food grain production in the country will reach 3160 lakh tonnes, a new high.
- The production of pulses and oilseeds will be 269.5 lakh tonnes and 371.5 lakh tonnes, respectively.
- Horticulture production is expected to reach 3310.5 lakh tonnes in 2020-21, the greatest level ever for Indian horticulture, according to third advanced projections.
- The Minister added that the centre and states will collaborate to secure the availability of herbicides and seeds, lowering farmers’ input prices.
- He argued that a method for replacing urea with Nano-urea should be developed. He stated that the government would continue to prioritise natural and organic agriculture.
- While agriculture exports have increased, the Minister stated that quality products must be prioritised in order to compete in international markets. Both farmers and exporters should benefit.
5. Shanti Sethi appointed as Kamala Harris’s defence advisor
- Indian-American Navyveteran Shanti Sethi has been appointed as USA Vice President Kamala Harris’s Defence Adviser. Shanti Sethi is the first Indian-American commander of a major US Navy combat ship.
- Shanti Sethi commanded the guided-missile destroyer, USS Decatur, from December 2010 to May 2012. She joined the Navy in 1993. When she joined the Navy in 1993, the combat exclusion law was still in effect so she was limited in what she could do.
- However, when she was an officer, the Exclusion Act was lifted. Recently, US Senate has confirmed the appointment of Ketanji Brown Jackson (the first Black woman) to Supreme Court Judge.
6. Jasleen Kohli named as MD & CEO of Digit Insurance
- Digit Insurance has appointed Jasleen Kohli as the company’s new managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) with effect from April 20, 2022. She succeeds Vijay Kumar who retired from the company on April 19, 2022.
- She served as chief distribution officer (CDO) at Digit, where she was responsible for all of the company’s sales and distribution channels.
- In 2021, Digit increased its worth to USD 3.5 billion in less than six months after raising USD 200 million in a funding round.
- The company also announced it has promoted Adarsh Agarwal from the role of Appointed Actuary to Chief Distribution Officer (corporate business). Nikhil Kamdar has been appointed as the next Appointed Actuary, replacing Agarwal.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Digit Insurance Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka;
- Digit Insurance Chairman: Kamesh Goyal.
7. Lt Gen. Manoj Kumar Katiyar named as next DG of Military Operations
- Lieutenant General Manoj Kumar Katiyar has been appointed as the next Director-General of Military Operations. He would take charge of the new office on May 1st.
- An alumnus of the National Defence Academy, Lieutenant General Katiyar was commissioned in the 23rd Battalion of the Rajput Regiment in June 1986.
8. LV Vaidyanathan appointed CEO of P&G India
- Procter & Gamble India appointed LV Vaidyanathan, who leads the company’s business in Indonesia, as the new chief executive officer. He takes over from Madhusudan Gopalan who will move into a new role at the parent company.
- Vaidyanathan takes over as the CEO from July 1, 2022. Vaidyanathan completed his Bachelor of Engineering (mechanical) from the National Institute of Technology, Nagpur and has an MBA from IIM-Ahmedabad.
- He started his career with P&G in India in 1996 in the sales function and worked in various leadership roles. He has more than 26 years of experience across diverse geographies and cultures like India and ASEAN countries including Singapore, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. In 2018, he was elevated to the role of CEO, P&G Indonesia.
9. IFSCA signs a Memorandum of Understanding with the NIA
- The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the National Insurance Academy with the goal of creating capacity and establishing a qualified talent pool in the insurance sector in International Financial Services Centres.
- IFSCA aspires to build a strong worldwide connection and focus on the demands of the Indian economy, as well as function as a regional/global international financial platform.
- At IFSC, insurance is a growing sector, and the MoU with NIA will go a long way toward building insurance capacity.
- The National Insurance Academy (NIA) is a prestigious school dedicated to training the finest and brightest in the insurance sector.
- To address the needs of the ever-dynamic insurance sector, NIA has been involved in developing and regularly upgrading curriculums and offering training programmes in the insurance industry in India.
- This Memorandum of Understanding aims to develop the necessary trained people for the International Financial Services Centre (IFSC).
- IFSCA had already signed an MoU with the Insurance Institute of India to address the needs of IFSC insurance firms (III).
10. Reserve Bank of India capped lending limits of NBFCs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has tightened the rules for non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) relating to their large exposures. RBI capped aggregate exposure of NBFCs which are in the upper layer toward one entity at 20% of the capital base. The limit can only be extended by another 5% with the board’s approval.
- For a particular borrower group, the cap is at 25%, with an additional 10% if exposure is towards infrastructure. The upper-layer NBFCs are typically the top 10 ones in terms of asset size.
- However, NBFCs that are into infrastructure finance can have exposure of 25 per cent, with an option of an additional 5 per cent of Tier I capital to a single counterparty. For a group of connected counterparties, infrastructure companies can have an exposure of 35 per cent of Tier-I capital. These norms will come into effect from October 1, 2022.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- RBI Founded: April 1, 1935;
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra;
- RBI Governor: Shaktikanta Das;
- RBI Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar.
11. Scorpene-class Submarine ‘VAGSHEER’ inaugurated at Mazagon Dock Limited
- The Indian Navy launched the sixth and last submarine, Yard 11880, of the French Scorpene-class under Project 75, at the Kanhoji Angre Wet Basin of Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) in Mumbai.
- The submarine has been named ‘Vagsheer’. The submarine will now undergo rigorous harbour trials and sea trials, before being commissioned in the Indian Navy. These submarines are designed by French naval defence and energy company ‘DCNS’ while Mazagon Dock Limited, Mumbai has manufactured them.
List of other submarines under Scorpene-class submarines:
- First submarine: INS Kalvari- commissioned on 14 December 2017.
- Second : INS Khanderi – September 2019
- Third: INS Karanj – March 2021
- Fourth: INS Vela – November 2021
- Fifth: INS Vagir- launched in November 2020 and is undergoing sea trials.
12. National Metallurgist Award 2021 would be awarded at the Union Steel Ministry
- The “National Metallurgist Award 2021” will be held here tomorrow by the Union Ministry of Steel. Shri Ram Chandra Prasad Singh, the Union Minister of Steel, will host the event.
- The programme aims to recognise the outstanding contribution of metallurgists/engineers working in the field of iron and steel in the areas of manufacturing, research and development, design, education, waste management, and energy conservation, as well as their specific contribution to achieving Atmnirbhar Bharat’s objectives.
- The name of the award was changed from National Metallurgist Day Award to National Metallurgist Awards, the eligibility restrictions were relaxed to broaden the nomination pool, the number of awards was lowered to raise the award’s profile and emphasis, and so on.
- The awards not only raise an individual’s or organization’s morale by recognising their accomplishments, but they also inspire innovation and creativity, increase motivation, encourage friendly competition, improve productivity, and foster a healthy work environment.
- During August and September 2021, the procedure of submitting applications/nominations for the National Metallurgist Award 2021 began.
14. World Creativity and Innovation Day 2022 observed on 21st April
- World Creativity and Innovation Day is celebrated on April 21 every year. The day aims to raise awareness about the importance of creativity and innovation in problem-solving and encourage creative multidisciplinary thinking at the individual and group levels.
- The theme of World Creativity and Innovation Day 2022: Collaboration
- World Creativity and Innovation Day (WCID) was founded on 25 May 2001 in Toronto, Canada. The founder of the day was the Canadian Marci Segal. Segal was studying creativity in 1977 at the International Center for Studies in Creativity.
- The United Nations on 27 April 2017 resolved to include World Creativity and Innovation Day on 21 April as a Day of observance to raise importance among people about the use of their creativity in problem-solving for all issues that may be related to achieving the 2015 Sustainable Development Goals.
15. National Civil Services Day 2022 Observes 21 April
- India observes National Civil Services Day on April 21 every year to acknowledge the works of officers engaged in several public service departments in the country. The day also marks a reminder for civil servants, who collectively run the country’s administrative machinery and their dedication to serving the citizens of the country.
- Civil Services Day is celebrated on April 21 to commemorate the day when Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the first Home Minister of Independent India addressed probationers of Administrative Services Officers at Delhi’s Metcalf House in 1947. In his address, he called Civil Servants, the ‘Steel Frame of India’.
- This meant that civil servants, employed at various levels of the government, act as supporting pillars of the country’s administrative system.
21st April | Current Affairs 2022 | Current Affairs Today | Current Affairs
All the Best BA’ians for the Bank exam!