RBI Grade B officer is one of the honored and most admired jobs in India across the banking sector. Every year, thousands of candidates prepare for the examination; however, only a few ones can clear it. Career progression is a vital part of the RBI Grade B Officer, which acts as motivation for the participating aspirants.
- RBI Assistant Mains 2020 Online Test Series
- RBI ASSISTANT MAINS Complete Batch English Medium Live Classes
Know about career progression in RBI
The career progression in RBI starts from the lowest level, which is of the RBI assistants. They are assisting staff who are responsible for all the office work that takes place at RBI. The candidates have a great option to join as grade B officers. From there onwards, promotion starts for the officers. Usually, the grade B officers start as managers, and they can move up until Deputy Governor. Only the extraordinary candidates can reach the position of Deputy Governor or Executive Directory. Most of the grade B officers retire at the status of a Chief General Manager.
How is the Grade B Officer job profile crucial?
It seems like the job profile of a grade B officer is without any negative aspect. Even after joining a job, the candidates can go for further courses sponsored by the bank. Once you complete it, you get considered for a high job profile within the organization. One can get deputation in various organizations anytime in your career, depending on your performance and knowledge.
There is a high possibility of getting familiarized with some of the accomplished organizations of the world like IMF, World Bank, and many more. In addition to it, some of the investment banks provide numerous benefits with massive checks for the RBI Grade B officers.
Career growth of Grade B officer in RBI
The promotion cycle of grade B officers depends on your performance as well as many vacancies. The majority of candidates who adjoined at grade B level can outreach to top management level. Some of the great opportunities after you become grade B officer in RBI include:
- After working for five years, you will become an Assistant General Manager. Now you become eligible to work in the key sectors of RBI as your department would become specific. It means that after five years, those people who want to take higher responsibilities or seek top opportunities can make the departmental examination to get promoted to Grade C officer.
- In 7 years, the grade B officers have an opportunity to become grade C officers, and after five more years, they can become grade D officers.
- Officers can get various opportunities in RBI for further education across the world. There are numerous scholarships offered for the officers, which give partial-full funding for the higher studies.
- Several other career opportunities, as well as post working in RBI, are open to going with IMF, World Bank, Bank of International Settlements, Switzerland, and the Ministry of Finance.
- There are numerous posts to go with after becoming an RBI Grade B officer like RBI consulting opportunities in Investment Banking.
- The grade B officers get a platform for becoming a Board of directors in standardized commercial banks.