1. Government Notifies Electoral Bond Scheme 2018
ii. Only the Political Parties registered under Section 29A of Representation of People Act, 1951 & which secured not less than 1% of the votes polled in last General Election or the Legislative Assembly of the State, shall be eligible to receive Electoral Bonds.
i. NITI Aayog and Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Limited (GNFC) have signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) to work together towards implementing a Proof-of-Concept (PoC) application using Blockchain Technology for fertiliser subsidy management.
ii. They will jointly develop the use case, undertake research, interact with multiple stakeholders, develop Blockchain solutions, exchange learnings, organise forums, and disseminate learnings across their networks.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for SBI PO/Clerk Exam 2018-
- NITI- National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman- Rajiv Kumar, CEO- Amitabh Kant.
ii. The rankings were launched by NITI Aayog, CEO Amitabh Kant in New Delhi. The purpose of this ranking is to spur a sense of competition among the dynamic teams in the districts. According to ranking, Dahod district of Gujarat improved 19.8 points to rank first. West Sikkim district in Sikkim stood second with 18.9 points.
4. UAE Consulate To Come Up In Hyderabad
- The UAE Capital- Abu Dhabi, Currency- UAE dirham.
5. Mumbai’s Victorian and Art Deco Ensembles Inscribed As UNESCO World Heritage Site
ii. The Heritage enclave is situated in South Mumbai’s historic core and comprises an urban ensemble straddling two heritage precincts of the Fort Precinct and Marine Drive Precinct.
- France’s Audrey Azoulay- 11th DG of UNESCO, Headquarters- Paris, France.
ii. Under the proposal, the public sector life insurance behemoth can raise its stake in the public sector bank to 51%, injecting Rs10,000-13,000 crore in the debt-ridden lender. The acquisition, however, will be seen only as an investment and LIC will gradually lower its stake in the lender.
- IRDAI stands for Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India.
- Headquarters of IRDAI is in Hyderabad.
- Subhash Chandra Khuntia is Chairman of IRDAI.
- IDBI Bank Headquarters in Mumbai.
- B Sriram was appointed as the IDBI Bank’s CEO and Managing Director recently.