The General Awareness Section plays an important role in scoring well above cut off marks in any competitive exam. The Banking Awareness and Static Awareness questions asked in the General Awareness Section are based on Current Affairs mainly. So you need to prepare well this section to score good marks. Here is the Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims, etc.
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 14 Months
- 8 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
1. Indian And French Navies Conduct Varuna 19.1 Bilateral Exercise Off Goa Coast
- France Capital: Paris, Currency: CFP franc, euro.
- Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change- Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
- Japan Capital- Tokyo, Currency- Japanese yen, PM- Shinzo Abe.
- Iraq Capital: Baghdad, Currency: Iraqi dinar.
- Sanjeev Srinivasan is the MD and CEO of Bharti AXA General Insurance.
- It Headquarters in Mumbai.
i. India Ratings & Research (A Fitch Group Company) has lowered the country’s growth forecast for the current fiscal to 7.3%, from the earlier projection of 7.5 %. The agency has listed three key reasons for lowering its projection.
1. Prediction of lower-than-normal monsoon for 2019 and the continued agrarian distress.
2. The loss of momentum in the industrial output growth, especially manufacturing and electricity, is likely to hurt growth.
3. The slow progress in cases referred to the National Company Law Tribunal under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, for resolution of the non-performing assets of the banking sector becoming a long-drawn-out process.
i. Paytm has launched a recurring payment service for merchants that are working on a digital subscription model. The move will allow the subscription-based businesses to collect payments from their subscribers effortlessly.
ii. Recurring payments are an automatic payment system wherein the merchants automatically charge their customers for a specified service on a pre-arranged schedule.
9. SEBI Fines NSE Over Rs625 crore In Co-Location Scam
i. Markets regulator SEBI directed National Stock Exchange to pay more than Rs625 crore in the case of misuse of its co-location facility. SEBI has been probing alleged lapses in high-frequency trading offered through NSE’s co-location facility.
ii. The amount, if considered with simple interest, would come to little less than Rs1,000 crore. If it involves a compound interest, the fine could amount to around Rs1,300 crore.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For LIC AAO Mains 2019:
- SEBI Headquarter: Mumbai, Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi.
- The National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. is the second largest in the world by nos. of trades in equity shares from January to June 2018, according to World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) report.
- NSE launched electronic screen-based trading in 1994.
- Mr. Vikram Limaye is the Managing Director and CEO of NSE.
ii. He has been appointed for a period of six months on additional charge basis or till a new incumbent joins the post.
- Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose is the chairperson of Lokpal.
i. India’s G Sathiyan has become the first Indian to break into the top-25 of world rankings in Table Tennis.
ii. Sathiyan rose four spots to be 24th in the latest ITTF rankings, following his impressive sixth place finish in the Asia Cup in Yokohama.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for LIC AAO Exam:
- ITTF – International Table Tennis Federation.
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland.