Summits and Conferences News- 1st June to 7th June 2020
- Virtual Global Vaccine Summit 2020 was hosted by the UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson. India was represented by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the summit. During the virtual summit, India pledged a contribution of 15 Million US Dollars to Gavi, the international vaccine alliance.
- The World Economic Forum will host a Unique Twin Summit in January, 2021. The twin summit will be both in-person as well as virtual, hence connecting key global governmental and business leaders in Davos. The theme of the summit will be “The Great Reset”.
Summits and Conferences News- 25th May to 31st May 2020
- The Special Board of Governors meeting of the NDB was held through the video-conference. India was represented by the Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh chaired the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) E-conclave which was held with theme ‘Business Continuity for MSMEs in Defence & Aerospace Sector’. It was organised jointly by the Department of Defence Production, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM).
- The meeting of the Heads of Tax Authorities of the BRICS countries, was held on 29 May and was hosted by the Federal Tax Service of Russia, which currently holds the BRICS Presidency. Finance Secretary Ajay Bhushan Pandey represented India at the meeting.
Summits and Conferences News- 18th May to 24th May 2020
- The 73rd session of World Health Assembly was held via video conferencing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The 73rd session of the assembly featured the participation of the delegations from all WHO Member States and focused on a specific health agenda prepared by the Executive Board. During the session, India was represented by Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan.
Summits and Conferences News- 4th May to 10th May 2020
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi took part in the online Summit of Non Aligned Movement (NAM) Contact Group. The summit was held with an objective to discuss response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic crisis as well as to promote international solidarity in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. The summit was hosted by the current Chairman of NAM, President of Republic of Azerbaijan HE Ilham Aliyev, with the theme “United against COVID-19”.
|GA Bag For SBI Clerk Mains 2020||List of Indian States and UTs in Terms of GDP||New Seven Wonders of the World||SBI Careers: SBI Recruitment 2020, Notification,|
Summits and Conferences News- 27th April to 3rd May 2020
- An Extraordinary Virtual G20 Digital Economy Ministers summit was held under the presidency of Saudi Arabia. Union Minister for Law & Justice, Communications and Electronics & IT, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad represented India in the virtual summit.
- The 11th session of Petersberg Climate Dialogue hosted by Germany and co-chaired by the United Kingdom.
Summits and Conferences News- 20th April to 26th April 2020
- The G-20 Extraordinary Agriculture Ministers Meeting was held through Video Conferencing. The meeting was held on the issue of COVID-19 as well as its impact on food security, safety and nutrition. Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar participated in the Extraordinary virtual meeting of G-20 Agriculture Ministers organised under the presidency of Saudi Arabia.
- The 5th Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of New Development Bank was held through video-conference. Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman represented India in the Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of New Development Bank.
- Indian High Commission in Bangladesh, and India Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (IBCCI) has jointly organized a webinar on trade promotion.
Summits and Conferences News- 13th April to 19th April 2020
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman represented India in the virtual session of the 2nd G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting held under the presidency of Saudi Arabia to discuss the global economic outlook amid advancing COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- The 44th session of the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO has been postponed due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. It was scheduled to be held in Fuzhou of eastern China’s Fujian Province.
- The Indian High Commission in United Kingdom has organised a virtual roundtable COVID-19 meet for businesses “Covid-19: Issues, Challenges and Way Forward”.
- The National Conference on Kharif crops 2020 was held through video conference.
|Current Affairs Quiz||Daily GK Updates||Current Affairs One-Liners||Coronavirus Updates|
Summits and Conferences News- 30th March to 5th April 2020
- The United Nation’s COP26 climate change conference set to take place in Glasgow in November has been postponed till next year due to COVID-19.
- Saudi Arabia‘s King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud will chair the Extraordinary Virtual G20 leaders’ Summit to deliberate on strategies to combat the coronavirus pandemic.