Current Affairs 10th March 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 10th March 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 10th March 2023 covering the following news headlines: Xi Jinping, Jakarta to Borneo, Yaoshang festival, Neiphiu Rio, TROPEX-23.
Top 13 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 13 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. Xi Jinping starts third term as China’s president
- Xi Jinping began an unprecedented third term as China’s president after he was endorsed by a unanimous vote from the 2,977-member National People’s Congress (NPC).
- Xi will head a hand-picked party and government team tasked with steering the world’s second-largest economy through challenges at home and abroad over the next five years.
- After the voting, Xi took a constitutional oath, as both the country’s president and head of its military – a symbolic move to show the significance of the constitution after it was revised five years ago to scrap the presidential term limit, add Xi’s political theory and emphasise the party’s leadership of China.
2. Why is Indonesia moving its capital from Jakarta to Borneo?
- Indonesia is all set to move its capital from Jakarta to Borneo over environmental issues such as being congested, sinking into seawater, and being prone to earthquakes.
- Officials said the new metropolis city will be a “sustainable forest city,” that puts the environment at the heart of the development and will be carbon neutral by 2045.
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo envisions the construction of the new capital as a “nostrum for the problems in Jakarta, which will also allow the country to start afresh.”
3. Manipur’s Yaoshang festival begins
- Yaoshang, Manipur’s version of Holi, which lasts for five days, has begun. On the full moon of Lamta (February–March) in the Meitei lunar calendar, the event is observed annually.
- Yaosang, sometimes referred to as the Burning of the Straw Hut, starts just after dusk and is immediately followed by Yaoshang. In a practise known as “nakatheng,” kids solicit their neighbours for financial gifts.
4. Chief Minister of Nagaland and NDPP leader Neiphiu Rio takes the oath of office
- Neiphiu Rio, the leader of the Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP), took the oath of office as the fifth Chief Minister of Nagaland. Governor La Ganesan gave the 72-year-old lawmaker the oath of secrecy.
- Mr. Rio is serving his fifth term and second consecutive term as the NDPP’s leader. The deputy chief ministers of Nagaland, Taditui Rangkau Zeliang and Yanthungo Patton took the oath at Kohima among other Rio Cabinet members. Neiphiu Rio is contesting from home constituency Northern Angami-II.
5. In Ladakh, Colonel Geeta Rana is the first woman to command an army battalion
- Colonel Geeta Rana of the Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers has taken over command of an independent field workshop in the Eastern Ladakh region with China after the Indian Army recently approved women officers for command posts.
- She is the first woman officer to do so. The Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers’ Colonel Geeta Rana is the first female officer to assume control of an Independent Field Workshop in a remote and forward area in Eastern Ladakh.
6. Indian Navy conducts major exercise TROPEX-23
- The Indian Navy’s exercise, called the “Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise for 2023” (TROPEX-23), culminated in the Arabian Sea after running for four months from November 2022 to March 2023.
- TROPEX-23 witnessed the participation of approximately 70 Indian Navy ships, six submarines and over 75 aircraft.
- TROPEX is being is conducted in many phases to test Navy’s transition from peacetime to hostilities.
- In the first phase, the Indian Navy had conducted coastal defence exercise ‘Sea Vigil’ along the entire coastline and Island territories of India on 12-13 January 2021.
7. Indian Navy gets first-ever privately made indigenized fuze of Anti-Submarine Warfare rocket
- In what is being seen as a major success for the “Make in India” initiative in defence sector, the Indian Navy has received a fully indigenised fuze for an anti-submarine warfare (ASW) underwater rocket, manufactured for the first time by a private Indian industry.
- This would be the first time the Indian Navy has placed a supply order for underwater ammunition fuzes with an Indian private sector industry.
- This marks the first time that the Indian Navy has procured an underwater ammunition fuze from an Indian private manufacturer. It is a major boost for the self-reliance of the Indian defence sector.
8. 54th CISF Raising Day observed on March 10 across the country
- Every year on March 10, the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Raising Day is observed to mark the CISF’s founding in 1969.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs’ top-tier central armed police force, the CISF, is in charge of providing security protection for several public sector organisations, airports, seaports, power plants, and other significant infrastructure projects across the nation.
- This year, the 54th CISF Raising Day celebrated to appreciate the efforts and contributions of Central Industrial Security Force.
9. World Kidney Day 2023 observed on 9th March
- On the second Thursday in March each year, the world observes World Kidney Day, a day dedicated to raising awareness about kidney health.
- On March 9, 2023, it will be remembered this year. The International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations-World Kidney Alliance are working together on it (IFKF-WKA).
- The day has been marked annually since 2006 and is significant since it promotes everyone’s renal health.
- “Kidney Health for Everyone – Preparing for the Unexpected, Supporting the Vulnerable” is the theme for World Kidney Day in 2023.
10. International Day of Women Judges is observed on March 10
- The International Day of Women Judges, which is celebrated every year on March 10, honours all female judges who have taken the lead in the fight against social injustice.
- The history and significance of the day are examined below. Not just women judges in international legal institutions should be honoured on this significant day.
- It serves as a day of symbolism for the fight for gender equality, equal access to opportunities, and the elimination of gender-based discrimination, which persists in all spheres of society.
11. India, US to sign memorandum of understanding on semiconductors
- The United States and India will sign a memorandum of understanding on semiconductors as both countries discuss coordination of investment and continue dialogue around policies to spur private investment, U.S. Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo said.
- The dialogue comes close on the heels of the launch of the inauguration of the initiative on Critical and Emerging Technology (iCET).
- Raimondo, who is on a four-day trip to India, is accompanied by the chief executive officers of 10 U.S. companies and is scheduled to meet India’s trade minister.
- The two nations will map the semiconductor supply chain together and identify opportunities for joint ventures and technology partnerships, Raimondo added.
12. Arun Subramanian becomes 1st Indian-American judge at New York Court
- Arun Subramanian, an attorney, has been appointed as the first Indian American judge of the Manhattan Federal District Court in New York.
- The nomination of Mr. Subramanian for the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York was first made public by US President Joe Biden in September 2022. The Senate confirmed the nomination of Subramanian by a vote of 58-37.
Science and Technology News
13. Reliance Life Sciences receives a gene therapy technology licence from IIT Kanpur
- Reliance Life Sciences Pvt Ltd has received a licence from the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur for a gene therapy method that has the potential to treat a variety of genetic eye ailments.
- Reliance Life Sciences will further develop the gene treatment technology from IIT Kanpur into a native product. The science of molecular medicine has recently seen the emergence of gene therapy employing viral vectors as a powerful tool.
Important Current Affairs of 10th March 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!