Current Affairs 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs 2023 is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 26th May 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs 2023 part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 26th May 2023 covering the following news headlines: 30% Subsidy for Sustainable Shipping Construction, New Consulate in Brisbane, SAMARTH Campaign, India’s New Parliament House.
Top 15 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 15 important Daily General Knowledge 2023 updates with national & international news.
1. Indian Govt Introduce 30% Subsidy for Sustainable Shipping Construction
- The Indian government has introduced a series of measures aimed at promoting the adoption of environmentally friendly technology in the shipping sector.
- These initiatives include offering financial assistance and focusing on upgrading ports.
- The government’s announcement was made during a two-day conference organized by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MoPSW) following their earlier plan to develop hydrogen ports in India.
2. PM Modi Announced India to Open New Consulate in Brisbane
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi informed that a new consulate would be constructed in Brisbane during his address at the Community Event in Sydney.
- He announced that India will establish a new consulate in Brisbane, Australia which aims to fulfill a long-standing demand of the Indian diaspora in Australia.
- It was announced during the address of Narendra Modi at a packed stadium at Sydney’s Qudos Bank Arena which was attended by more than 21,000 people across Australia along with the Prime Minister of Australia, Anthony Albanese.
3. Ministry of Ayush and Minority Affairs Collaborate for Development Unani Medicine System
- Ministry of Ayush and Minority Affairs have joined hands to promote and help the development of the Unani System of Medicine in India. The Ministry of Minorities Affairs has granted RS 45.34 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK), which is a centrally sponsored scheme.
- Unani Medicine will be upgraded with the support of this scheme in Hyderabad, Chennai, Lucknow, Silchar, and Bengaluru. The grant approved by the Ministry of Minorities will help in the establishment of various facilities of Unani Medicine in the mentioned locations.
4. Giriraj Singh Launches SAMARTH Campaign to Promote Digital Transactions at Gram Panchayat Level
- The Union Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Shri Giriraj Singh, recently launched the ‘SAMARTH Campaign on Promoting Digital Transactions in 50,000 Gram Panchayats’ under the AzadiKaAmritMahotsav in Lucknow.
- This campaign, initiated by the Ministry of Rural Development, aims to promote digital transactions in rural areas, with a particular focus on empowering women.
- The launch event witnessed the participation of various dignitaries, including Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Minister of State Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti.
5. Key Facts about India’s New Parliament House
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the new Parliament building on Sunday, 28 May, showcasing its exquisite artwork and featuring a ceremonial sceptre called ‘Sengol’ among its many highlights.
- Constructed at a cost of ₹971 crore, the new complex stands as a symbol of India’s progress, reflecting the aspirations of the nation’s 1.35 billion citizens. Its innovative triangular design optimizes space utilization and fosters efficient governance.
6. Ireland Set to Implement Alcohol Health Warnings, Leading Global Efforts
- Ireland is on track to become the first country to enforce mandatory health advisories on alcohol products. The Irish Minister for Health, Stephen Donnelly, has approved the new policy, which will be implemented starting from May 22, 2026.
- This three-year period aims to allow businesses enough time to adjust to the new public health guidelines.
7. Gupshup Launches UPI Payments for Feature Phone Users, Bringing Financial Inclusion to All
- Gupshup.io, a conversational engagement platform, has unveiled a groundbreaking solution that enables UPI payments for feature phone users through its native app called GSPay.
- This innovative approach allows seamless payment experiences using SMS, eliminating the need for internet connectivity.
- Leveraging the UPI 123 Pay system introduced by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), Gupshup.io is making digital payments accessible to a wider audience. In addition, users can conveniently scan QR codes to complete transactions, further enhancing the ease of use.
8. Axis Bank Introduces ‘Sarathi’ – A Digital Onboarding Platform for PoS Terminals
- Axis Bank has launched ‘Sarathi,’ a revolutionary digital onboarding platform aimed at simplifying the process for merchants to adopt Electronic Data Capture (EDC) or Point of Sale (PoS) terminals.
- By eliminating the need for lengthy paperwork and long waiting periods, Sarathi offers a streamlined and hassle-free experience to merchants, enabling them to begin accepting digital payments quickly and efficiently.
9. SEBI approves HDFC Bank as new owner of HDFC AMC
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has granted approval for a change in control of HDFC Asset Management Company (HDFC AMC) due to the amalgamation of HDFC Ltd and HDFC Bank Ltd.
- This move paves the way for HDFC Bank to become the new owner of HDFC AMC, subject to compliance with applicable regulations.
10. HP Government Aims to Formulate Green Hydrogen Policy
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu has informed that a ‘Green Hydrogen’ policy would be formulated to promote the use of green hydrogen and establish the state as a leading hub for its production.
- Renewable energy resources, including ample sunlight, water, and wind, make the state an ideal location for generating green hydrogen.
- The primary objective of the Green Hydrogen Policy is to attract investments in large-scale renewable energy projects, ensuring a consistent and sustainable supply of green electricity for electrolysis.
11. Goa Signed MoU with Uttarakhand for Strengthening Tourism Cooperation
- The Government of Goa and the Government of Uttarakhand have come together and signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance the tourism landscape of both Goa and Uttarakhand.
- The MoU signing ceremony was held in the presence of Rohan Khaunte, the Minister for Tourism, IT, E & C, Printing and Stationary, Government of Goa, and Pushkar Singh Dhami, Chief Minister of Uttarakhand.
12. GRSE Launches Innovation Nurturing Scheme For Ideas In Ship Design, Construction
- In a move to address challenges in the ship design and construction industry, Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Ltd, a defence PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) based in Kolkata, has launched an innovation nurturing scheme.
- The GRSE Accelerated Innovation Nurturing Scheme – 2023 (GAINS) aims to generate a large number of ideas and support their development through a two-stage process.
13. Ministry of Civil Aviation Launched UDAN 5.1 for Helicopter Routes
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation has launched UDAN 5.1 after four successful rounds of the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) – Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik (UDAN) and with version 5.0 of the fifth round underway, to further enhance the connectivity to remote areas of the country and achieve last mile connectivity through helicopters.
- The current version of the scheme “UDAN 5.1” has been designed after consultations with all stakeholders including helicopter operators. While the intended target is to provide last-mile connectivity, it is also projected to give the helicopter segment of the Indian civil aviation industry a much-needed boost.
Important Days News
14. World Schizophrenia Awareness Day commemorated by DEPwD
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) commemorated Schizophrenia to raise awareness and to reduce stigma around mental illness. It lifts the lid on the challenges that thousands of people with Schizophrenia from all over the world have to encounter on a day-to-day basis.
- The DEPwD under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India is the nodal body to look after all the development agenda of Persons with Disabilities in the country.
- With the vision to create awareness about Schizophrenia among the masses, the Department observed World Schizophrenia Day, through the institutions associated with it conducted various events at more than 30 places across India.
15. First Urban Climate Film Festival to Begin in New Town, Kolkata
- The first-ever Urban Climate Film Festival, which aspires to employ the powerful medium of film to enlighten audiences about the environmental, social, and economic impacts of climate change on urban settlements, is going to take place in New Town, Kolkata from 3rd to 5th June 2023.
- 16 films from 12 countries are scheduled to be screened, along with Q&A sessions with filmmakers in order to spark conversations about building climate-resilient cities and invite inputs from the public; further encouraging the citizens to undertake ‘environmentally responsible behavior’ in line with the U20 priority areas and the Prime Minister’s clarion call through the LiFE Mission.
Important Current Affairs of 26th May 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!
26th May Current Affairs | Current Affairs Today Current Affairs |Ashish Gautam Sir
All the Best BA’ians for the Bank exam!