1. QUAINT (adjective) पुराने ढंग का
Meaning: attractively unusual or old-fashioned.
Synonyms: picturesque, charming, attractive, unconventional.
Antonyms: ordinary, common, usual, prosaic
Usage: The quaint village does not appear to have changed since it was first settled in the early 1900s.
2. PROTEAN (adjective) रूपांतरणीय
Meaning: tending or able to change frequently or easily.
Synonyms: variable, inconsistent, erratic, fluctuating.
Antonyms: consistent. continual, incessant, constant.
Usage: I am unable to make a final decision because of my protean nature which makes me indecisive.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
3. ARRANT (adjective) अत्यन्त
Meaning: Complete, utter.
Synonyms: total, absolute, thorough, sheer.
Antonyms: minor, light, unclear, obscure.
Usage: These people crumble when their arrant nonsense is confronted with simple common sense.
4. STARK (adjective) निरानंद
Meaning: Unpleasantly or sharply clear.
Synonyms: blunt, plain, unembellished, harsh.
Antonyms: lush, bleak, cheerful, opulent.
Usage: His evidence in chief stood in stark contrast to his evidence on cross-examination.
5. PREPONDERANCE (noun): प्रमुखता
Meaning: the quality or fact of being greater in number, quantity, or importance.
Synonyms: prevalence, predominance, majority, generality.
Antonyms: subservience, disability, inferiority, flaw
Usage: The preponderance of unemployed workers is linked to the manufacturer’s desire to cut costs by sending jobs overseas.
6. EPICENE (adjective) उभयलिंगी
Meaning: Effeminate; effete.
Synonyms: Sissy, womanish, unmanly, girlish.
Antonyms: manly, mannish, masculine, virile.
Usage: More epicene than handsome, if you asked me,’ he muttered a bit darkly.’
7. ATROPHY (verb) अपक्षय
Meaning: gradually decline in effectiveness or vigour due to underuse or neglect.
Synonyms: dwindle, deteriorate, decline, wane.
Antonym: strengthen, revive, advance, flourish.
Usage: When the gang leader died, his organization’s hold on the city began to atrophy as other gangs moved into the area.
8. SEMINAL (adjective) लाभदायक
Meaning: Strongly influencing later developments.
Synonyms: Influential, Formative, Important, Primary.
Antonyms: Dull, Inessential, Minor, Unsubstantial.
Usage: Newton’s laws are seminal in the field of physics.
9. PURPORTEDLY (adverb) कथित रूप से
Meaning: As appears or is stated to be true, though not necessarily so; allegedly.
Synonyms: professedly, supposedly, seemingly, superficially.
Antonyms: absolutely, authentically, certainly, earnestly.
Usage: The woman found a letter purportedly signed by the Prime Minister.
10. MALFEASANCE (noun): दुराचार
Meaning: wrongdoing, especially by a public official.
Synonyms: misconduct, mistreatment, malpractice, misdoing.
Antonyms: openheartedness, propriety, dignity, manners.
Usage: In almost every section of his speech, malfeasance or illegal practices were mentioned.
- Lakshya Online live classes for SBI/IBPS PO/RRB Pre + Mains | Bilingual Complete Batch
- Bank Extreme | Complete Preparation for Bank Exams