DPS DAE Syllabus 2023
Candidates preparing for DPS DAE Exam 2023 should familiarize themselves with the DPS DAE Syllabus and Exam Pattern. The DPS DAE Exam is divided into two levels: Level I and Level II. The syllabus for DPS DAE comprises various sections, including General Knowledge, General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude, Computer Knowledge, etc. To perform well in the examination, it is crucial for aspirants to prepare according to the syllabus. In this article, we have provided topic-wise DPS DAE Syllabus 2023 & Exam Pattern.
DPS DAE Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern
DPS DAE Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern are mentioned in the official notification. Overall there are two stages in the examination and candidates are required to pass both stages in order to get selected. Level I of the examination is the objective type and Level II is the subjective type. Level 1 Examination is only a qualifying exam i.e it is a screening test to shortlist candidates for the Level 2 Examination. Here is the complete DPS DAE Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern.
DPS DAE Syllabus:Overview
An overview of DPS DAE Syllabus 2023 is provided for the candidates in the below table.
|DPS DAE Syllabus 2023: Overview|
|Organization||Directorate of Purchase & Stores|
|Exam Name||DPS Exam 2023|
|Post||Junior Purchase Assistant / Junior Storekeeper|
|Selection Process||Level 1 and Level 2 Examination|
|DPS DAE Syllabus 2023||Check This Post in Hindi|
DPS DAE Syllabus 2023
The DPS DAE Syllabus 2023 has sections like General intelligence & reasoning, Basic Accounting Principles, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge, and computer knowledge in Level I. Here is the complete sections-wise DPS DAE Syllabus 2023.
DPS DAE Syllabus 2023: General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
- Spotting Error
- Fill in the Blank
- Cloze Test
- Seating Arrangement – Circular table and Line (North & South)
- Blood Relation
- Inequality or Decision Making
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning
- Number Series
- Statement and Argument
- Passage and Conclusion
- Coding and Decoding
- Order and Ranking
DPS DAE Syllabus 2023: Basic Accounting Principles
- Accounting Concepts
- Accounting Conventions and Standards
- Accounting for Business Transactions
- Cash Book
- Special Purpose Books
- Trial Balance
DPS DAE Syllabus 2023: Quantitative Aptitude
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Quadratic Equation
- Data Sufficiency
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Work, Time, and Energy
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Permutation and Combination
DPS DAE Syllabus 2023: General Knowledge
- Indian History
- Indian Geography
- General Science
- Environment and its application to the society
- Current events relating to India and its neighboring 23 countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene
- General Polity including Indian Constitution, Scientific Research, etc.
DPS DAE Syllabus 2023: Computer knowledge
- Computer Basics
- Organization of a computer
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Input/output devices
- Memory organization
- Computer memory
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Back-up devices
- Windows Explorer
- Windows Operating System including basics of Microsoft Office like MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint, etc.
- Managing an E-mail Account
- Basics of networking and cyber security
- Networking devices and protocols
- Network and information security threats (like hacking, virus, worms, Trojans, etc.) and preventive measures.
DPS DAE Syllabus 2023 Level II
As this is a descriptive test the DPS DAE Syllabus 2023 for Level II has sections like comprehension, précis, and English Grammar and in part II there are Essay, Noting, and Drafting. The DPS DAE Syllabus 2023 for Level II can include the following topics.
- Enaglish Comprehension
- Précis Writing
- English Grammar That might include topics like
- Parts of Speech (e.g., nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, etc.)
- Tenses (e.g., present, past, future)
- Sentence Structure (e.g., subject, verb, object)
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Pronouns (e.g., personal pronouns, possessive pronouns, etc.)
- Articles (e.g., a, an, the)
- Prepositions (e.g., in, on, at, etc.)
- Conjunctions (e.g., and, but, or)
- Adjectives and Adverbs
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive Voice
- Punctuation (e.g., commas, periods, question marks, etc.)
- Essay, Noting, and Drafting
DPS DAE Exam Pattern 2023
The exam pattern is as important as the DPS DAE Syllabus 2023. The candidates who are looking to crack this exam must be through with both the syllabus and exam pattern. As mentioned above there are two stages in the examination Level I and Level II. Here is the detailed DPS DAE Exam Pattern 2023.
DPS DAE Exam Pattern 2023: Level I
Here is the exam pattern for DPS DAE Exam Pattern 2023 Level I . Candidates must keep in mind this is only a qualifying exam/level.
- The exam will consist of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions.
- The questions will be available in both Hindi and English languages, but the questions for Part A will be in English only.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
- The minimum qualifying mark for the Level 1 Exam (Objective) is 40% for General/EWS Candidates and 33% for SC/OBC/PWBD/Ex-SM candidates.
Here is the complete exam pattern for DPS DAE Exam Level I.
|DPS DAE Exam Pattern 2023: Level I|
|Part||Subjects||No. of Questions||Max Marks/Questions||Duration|
|A||General English||50||200||2 Hours|
|B*||(a) General Intelligence & Reasoning in Science (Basic concepts 12th Std. Level) OR (b) Basic Accounting Principles (12th Std. Level)||60|
|C||Quantitative Aptitude (Arithmetic)||50|
Note- The candidates can opt for Part A or Part B.
DPS DAE Exam Pattern 2023: Level II
DPS DAE Level II is a subjective type of examination. The candidates must note that the selection of candidates is solely based on this exam. Here is the complete information on DPS DAE Exam Pattern 2023 for Level II.
|DPS DAE Exam Pattern 2023: Level II|
|English Language and Comprehensions|
|Part A: English Language comprising of comprehension, précis and English Grammar – 50% (To be written in English)||100||3 Hours|
|Part B: Descriptive test comprising of Essay, Noting and Drafting – 50% (To be written purely either in English or in Hindi. Answers should not be written in combination of both English and Hindi)|
Both exams will be held on the same day.
The candidates must score minimum qualifying marks. The details on which are given below.
|DPS DAE Exam Pattern 2023: Minimum Marks Needed|
|General /EWS Candidates||50%|