English Language is one of the most important section of LIC AAO/AE 2020. It is very important for students to be well-verse in the grammatical rules and other topics. Reading comprehension is another topic which requires a lot of attention and practice. Other topics like para jumbles, Jumbled sentences, Word Association etc. can fetch yu some very good marks. Make sure that you practice through mock tests and most importantly analyze them thoroughly. In this article, we will be discussing the preparation strategy to English section for LIC AAO/AE.
- Basics Rules of Noun
- Basic Rules of Verb
- Basic Rules of Subject-Verb Agreement
- Basic Rules of Conditionals
|English Syllabus Of LIC AAO/AE|
|Topics||Expected Number of Questions|
|Fill in the blanks||0-5|
|Multiple meaning/error solving||0-5|
- How to Increase Calculation Speed to Crack Bank Exams?
- English Grammar Rules that Can Get You Confused
English Grammar: Given below are the tips and tricks that you can use to prepare this topic:
- Brush up your basics and make sure you remember all the rules of the topics which come in this section. Write down formula of each chapter and revise them before attempting the mock.
- Go through sufficient number of questions and examples to understand how the grammatical rules are applied.
- Make sure you read English books and newspapers and make conscious effort to understand the application of grammatical rules of English language.
- Practice as much as you can as this is the only key to excel in this topic.
Comprehension Test: This section require you to read faster so you need to develop reading habits. For this, Reading English newspapers will be extremely beneficial to you. Also, reading fictions, i.e. English novels and stories. It is very important for student to develop the skill to understand what it is trying to convey in your first reading itself. Make sure to practice both story-based and fact-based comprehension tests in a time bound manner.
Vocabulary: Reading English Newspaper will help you to learn new words. Make sure to jot down the new words you come across. Learn the meaning and usage of these words and make sure to use them in sentences. You can use flash cards for this purpose and make sure that you revise them daily. Practice questions related to vocabulary of all types to test your knowledge.
Verbal Ability: This is one of the most important section by reading English books and newspapers. This will help you to see how the different sentences in a paragraph are connected and the flow of the content.
Descriptive Test: Read about latest social, political, economic, and cultural issues. Be aware of the different formats of letter writing. Along with reading, develop writing habits. You need to have a proper style and flow of writing letters and essays and this can be achieved only with practice. Focus more on official and business letters.