Happy Teachers’ Day 2020: Every year in India, 5th September is celebrated as Teachers’ Day to mark the birthday of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan who was the country’s former President, scholar, philosopher and Bharat Ratna awardee. Dr. Radhakrishnan were born on 5th September 1888. This day is celebrated to thanks all those teachers who plays a vital role in shaping the future of our youths. Teachers are the backbone of the education system and our development too. Traditionally, teacher’s day was known with the name “Guru Purnima to pay tribute and gratitude to the teachers, and gurus. The first teacher’s day was celebrated on 5th September 1962. Read the complete article to learn more about Teacher’s Day 2020.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
What is the significance of Teacher’s Day?
In 1962, Dr. Radhakrishan became the second President of Independent India. Dr Radhakrishan’s students approached him for allowing them to celebrate his birthday as a special day. He was surprised and happy though that his students respected him even after he was not his teacher. Therefore he instead of granting permission for celerbating this day as his birthday; he requested them to observe 5th September as a Teacher’s Day. Since then every year, 5th September has been celebrated as Teacher’s Day in respect of the contribution of teachers to the country. Teacher’s Day is celebrated in different ways across schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutions. Students put on performances, dances, and gift their loved one teachers with presents, showering their love, faith, and thanking them for whatever they are today.
Happy Teacher’s Day 2020
As in 2020, we are facing COVID-19 pandemic all around so the schools and colleges are closed since March 2020. Though this pandemic does not affected the enthusiasm of teachers and they are taking virtual classes without any complaints. Obviously teachers and students will be missing the celebrations, joys, and activities. This year lets celebrate it virtually and send virtual wishes and greeting your teachers telling them how much you are missing them and how grateful you are for whatever they have done for their students. Let’s make this teacher’s day remarkable for all the teacher’s around.
Intersting facts to know about Shri. Radhakrishnan
- Dr. Radhakrishnan was the first Vice President of India and second President of Independent India.
- Dr Radhakrishnan was the first Indian for holding a Chair in Eastern Religion and Ethics at the University of Oxford from 1936 to 1952.
- Dr. Radhakrishnan was the Chairman of the UNESCO Executive Board in 1948, which was led by the Indian Delegation to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. He had also served in the Indian delegation during his career.
- In 1954, Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan received the Bharat Ratna Award, the country’s highest civilian honour.
- He has taught from the University of Mysore to the University of Calcutta.
- Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru said about Dr. Radhakrishnan: “he has served his country in many capacities,” said, but above all, he is a wonderful teacher, about whom we all learned a great deal and will learn”
- Dr. Radhakrishnan had achieved many outstanding accomplishments in his lifetime and was also given several honours.
- His first book was The Rabindranath Tagore Philosophy which was published in 1917