Finance serves as the backbone of any nation and banking is the vein that allows the currency to travel across the nations. These days, the trend of seeking jobs in the banking sector is witnessing a rise. As the Indian Economy is growing, many foreign banks have also made an entry to the Indian region. Thus the need of smart, skilled and tech-friendly human resources is also rising.
Banking careers can be made both in private and the public sector. However the craze of landing into a public sector i.e. a government bank is the highest among youth.
- The first and foremost requirement of becoming a government bank manager is that you need to complete your graduation. There is no specific stream requirement. You just have to be a graduate.
- Next, you need to qualify the competitive exam of Bank PO that is conducted by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS).
- After qualifying the exam, you get appointed as a Probationary Officer (PO).
- As a PO, you have to get trained and to gain some experience working in the public sector bank.
- To be promoted as a bank manager, you have to either perform exceptionally or Clear the internal promotional exams.
- However, as the time passes and the experience grows, your chances to get promoted increase proportionally.
- Banking sector also includes various promotional opportunities and you can even reach the levels of Chairman and MDs.
- State Bank of India is regarded as the most prestigious of all the public sector banks and offers the most promotion opportunities.
Do you have any other questions about the career in banking sector? Tell us in the comment box below
All the best!
For Free Exam Prep Videos, Live Classes, Mock Tests and many more
Get 1000 coins on every install. Redeem later.