IBPS Clerk is going to be held on December 2019. We all know, reasoning is a back-breaking subject in any banking exam. Due to the complex nature and raising difficulty bar of questions, it has become very hard for one to give it the cold shoulder in IBPS Clerk Exam and another Banking Exam. As the level is Banking exams is increasing constantly and students are ready to face the music in the upcoming bank exam 2019. The reasoning section is tricky and the pattern and types of questions followed in this section is getting complex with every exam passed. Earlier, students use to practice only easy puzzles and they use to ignore the difficult one but now according to the recent trend, the question on the topics like blood relation, directions are being asked in the form of tricky puzzles but now to their dismay this strategy of students is not going to work. The number of questions asked in the exam carries 60-70% weightage in the form of the Puzzle and Seating arrangement only. The most important topics to be prepared for IBPS Clerk prelims in reasoning are Syllogism, Logical Reasoning, Inequality, Data Sufficiency, Blood Relation, Direction and Distance, Ranking, Alpha-Numerical, Direction Sense, Blood Relations, etc. The only way to ace the scores in the section is the strenuous practice and arduous effort.
IBPS Clerk Exam is going to be held in December 2019. Students appearing for this exam are breaking their bone to pass in the exam. Reasoning section requires a lot of practice by attempting a variety of questions to fetch maximum marks in reasoning section. Today we are giving some tips on how to score marks in IBPS Clerk Reasoning Section.
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 6 Months
- 1 Month
- 3 Months
Know the IBPS Clerk Reasoning Section Exam Pattern:
In reasoning section, there are 35 questions in the preliminary exam carry a weightage of 35 marks to be completed in 20 minutes. whereas in mains there are 45 questions. Maximum weightage is given to the puzzle and seating arrangement part in this section
|Subject (Exam Stage)||Maximum questions||Maximum marks||Time allotted|
|Reasoning (IBPS Clerk Prelims)||35||35||20 Minutes|
|Reasoning (IBPS Clerk Mains)||45||60||60 Minutes|
How to complete the Reasoning Section in the Given time for IBPS Clerk?
- Never target to attempt all the questions to increase your attempt. This will lose your accuracy and make you feel puzzled while solving them. You may prefer to practice from Reasoning Best book for bank exam.
- Pick the right question first. Your ability to read the question and grasp it should be efficient. You should know which question to be solved in the beginning and which one can be skipped for later.
- Do the easy questions first. But do not waste much time finding the same. As only one question will be displayed on-screen in one time.
- Do not feel panic. Be very calm, easy and confident. Do not get nervous
- Keep a check on the time. While practicing Reasoning questions for Clerk Exam always pay attention to the time and speed.
- Try to grasp Reasoning tricks to solve the questions within seconds. This will help you save your time.
- Take the section-wise test. Taking Reasoning test will help you analyze your performance and a chance to work on your weak points.
Important Topics to be covered for reasoning section In IBPS Clerk (Prelims + Mains)
Puzzles and Seating Arrangement:
Questions on puzzles and seating arrangements are a major part of the IBPS Clerk exam and any other banking exam. Puzzles and seating arrangement are based on (linear, circular, triangular, rectangular and sometimes hexagonal even), Floors, Tabular form, Blood Relations, etc. are asked in different variables that may depend on the difficulty level of the questions asked. moreover, miscellaneous topics too are being asked in the form of puzzles . Make use of Reasoning Tricks wherever required to save your time.
If you have good knowledge about this topic, scoring good marks will be easy for you. Try to solve the questions without paper and pen and make your practice that way. It is one of the easiest and scoring topic so prepare it well and you will be able to beg 5 marks very easily.
The questions based on data sufficiency may have 2 or 3 statements based on the difficulty level of the questions asked. If asked, there will be a total of 3-5 questions on the topic. This section can also help you to grapple good marks and increase your chances of selection.
Examiner can ask questions based on the Old as well as on the new pattern followed by the exam. The topic comes under the category of easy-moderate. To practice all type of questions you can take the test on Reasoning section On Adda247 app.
The questions in this section test the aspirants cognitive ability. The questions that are asked in the exam are very complex and convoluted but can be solved with ease if you have the basics of these topics all grasped. The questions can be asked in various forms, i.e. puzzles, mixed-blood relation, coded blood relations, etc.
There can be 4-5 questions on this topic. If you have good knowledge about the directions it will be a blessing for you. Practicing from a wide variety of questions will help you to ace marks in the Reasoning section for IBPS Clerk 2019.
According to the banking exam recent trend, Machine input and output has become the inseparable topic to be covered. This question if asked, will carry a weightage of 5 marks or even more depends on the level of the question.
The number of expected questions on logical reasoning is 5-6. The questions asked in the reasoning logical section are based on cause and effect, a course of action, assumptions, and conclusions, the strength of arguments, inference, etc. Practice Reasoning verbal as much as you. The level of questions has always been easy-moderate so you can easily attempt the questions without wasting much of time on them. Reasoning verbal can also help you get marks In the IBPS Clerk exam.
Best Book for Reasoning Section for Clerk Exam
If you are looking for the good stuff in the form of hard copy, then Adda247 Ace reasoning book for PO Exam is the best option to start your preparation with. Start your preparation with Reasoning Best book. With a number of variety of questions, detailed solutions and short tricks this book inculcate questions based on the latest pattern and questions that are being asked in the previous examination. Best book for Reasoning for IBPS Clerk is the one that will help you gear up your preparation for the upcoming exam.
Tips to score Marks In Reasoning Section for Clerk Exam
- As puzzle carry the highest weightage practice different number of puzzles and seating arrangement for the Reasoning section in IBPS Clerk. Make a habit of giving Reasoning test.
- Questions from topics like blood relation and direction can also be asked in the form of a puzzle and seating arrangement. Do not ignore any of the kind. This will make you lose marks in the Reasoning section for IBPS Clerk.
- An important tip to solve difficult puzzles with 100% accuracy is to make 2-3 possibilities for the question asked and keep canceling them out as you proceed with the right information. Another important point to keep in mind while solving puzzles is not to ignore the important key points while reading the question.
- If you are good at grasping the information and reading, go for puzzle first in the exam. As if you manage to solve a single puzzle it will fetch you at least 5 marks depending on the number of questions that are being asked based on that puzzle.
- If you are good at miscellaneous topics or Verbal reasoning proceed with them. This will help you secure marks for yourself.
- Do not waste too much of your time on a single question. If you can not solve it within seconds, skip it for later.
- The questions asked from Logical Reasoning are based on cause and effect, a course of action, assumptions, and conclusions, the strength of arguments, inference, etc. The number of expected questions on this topic can be 5-6. The level of questions has always been easy-moderate so you can easily attempt the questions without wasting much of time on them.