Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has released 218 vacancies of Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) & Assistant Engineer (AE) in the year 2020. This is a golden opportunity for all the candidates who couldn’t make through in 2019 exams as LIC has given another chance to showcase your talent.
The LIC 2020 vacancies are released in various disciplines like:
- AAO (CA)
- AAO (Legal)
- AAO (Actuarial)
- AAO (Rajbhasha)
- AAO (IT)
- AE (Civil)
- AE (Electrical)
- AA (Architect)
- AE (Structural)
- AE (Electrical/Mechanical MEP Engineers)
The preliminary exam (Phase I) will be held on 4th April 2020. So, less than 40 days are left for the examination. Wondering how to start your preparation for LIC AAO & AE prelims 2020? Read the complete article get complete guidance about LIC AAO & AE prelims exam preparation.
How To Start Your Preparation?
The Phase I exam of LIC AAO & AE 2020 is common for all the disciplines. The online examination will consists of three sections:
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language with special emphasis on grammar, vocabulary and comprehension
If English language section haunts you then don’t worry as english language section is qualifying in nature & the marks scored in english section will not be counted for merit.
Reasoning Ability Section:
The reasoning ability section will consist of 35 marks & 18 marks is the minimum qualifying marks. Here are some of the tips which will help you to ace reasoning ability section:
- Since 50% questions will be asked from Puzzle & seating arrangement topic, practice atleast 3-5 puzzles daily taking into account all the types like Month Based Puzzle, Circular Seating Arrangement, Linear Seating Arrangement, Box Based Puzzle, Floor based Puzzle etc.
- Practice random topics like syllogism, inequality, direction sense, alphabet, order & ranking etc.
- Focus on speed & accuracy. Try to attempt as many mocks as you can.
You May Also Like To Read:
- LIC AAO 2019 Prelims Exam Analysis | Shift 4 (5th May 2019)
- LIC AAO 2019 Prelims Exam Analysis | Shift 2 (4th May 2019)
Quantitative Aptitude Section:
The Quantitative Aptitude section will consist of 35 marks & 18 marks is the minimum qualifying marks. Here are some of the tips which will help you to ace quantitative aptitude section:
- Since 30-45% questions will be asked from Data Interpretation. Practice basic arithmetic concepts & 2-4 DIs daily taking into account all types like Tabular DI, pie chart, bar chart, caselet etc.
- According to LIC AAO exam analysis 2019, more than 10 questions have been asked from arithmetic section. So practice basic concepts of profit/loss, probability, SI/CI, problem on ages etc.
- Try to learn shortcut tips & tricks of simplification, quadratic equation, approximation, inequality etc.
English Language Section:
The English Language section is qualifying in nature. But, it should not be taken casually as minimum 10 marks are required to qualify english language section. Here are some of the tips which will help you to ace english language section:
- Read english basic grammar concepts with special focus on vocabulary.
- Out of 30 questions, around 10 questions will be asked from Reading Comprehension. So practice 2-3 sets of RCs on a regular basis. This will help you to increase your information retention power.
- If your favourite section is english language, then focus on the other two sections. If this section haunts you, make sure to devote sufficient so that you are able to clear the cut-off easily.
You May Also like to practice:
- LIC AAO and AE Prelims 2020 Online Test Series
- LIC AAO and AE Prelims 2020 Prelims Books Kit (English Printed Edition)
- LIC AAO and AE Prelims 2020 Books Kit (Hindi Printed Edition)