IBPS PO Exam Pattern:
- Prelims Exam has a sectional timing of 20 minutes for each section.
- 35 questions for Reasoning and quantitative aptitude, 30 questions for English Language.
- Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks which is decided by IBPS.
- Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination. Mostly IBPS shortlist 20 times number of
- There is a negative marking in each section, For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
IBPS PO Main Exam Pattern
The main feature of the Main exam is it has unequal distribution of marks in Reasoning & Computer Aptitude and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Data Analysis & Interpretation contains 35 questions carrying 60 marks with sectional timing of 45 minutes.
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude contains 45 questions carrying 60 marks with sectional timing of 60 minutes
- English Language contains 35 questions carrying 40 marks with sectional timing 40 minutes
- General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness contains 40 questions carrying 40 marks with sectional timing of 35 minutes.
Following are the current topics asked in recently held banking exams (SBI PO)
IBPS PO Interview
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Online Main examination for CRP- PO/MT-IX will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS. Interviews will be conducted at select centers. The center, address of the venue, time & date of Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the call letter.
The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWBD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of Online Main Exam and interview will be 80:20 respectively. The combined final score of candidates shall be given on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the Online Main Examination Interview score of the candidates failing to secure minimum qualifying marks or otherwise barred from the interview or further process shall not be disclosed. While appearing for the Interview, the candidate should produce valid prescribed documents.