IBPS PO Mains Exam is to be held on 30th November 2019. IBPS PO Prelims Results are out. The IBPS PO Prelims was conducted on 12th and 19th October 2019. All the aspirants who have made through IBPS PO Prelims must have started their preparation for IBPS PO Mains. Mains stage of IBPS PO demands a different approach unlike the IBPS PO Prelims that demands a general approach. This article is dedicated to helping you ace through the Descriptive Test of IBPS PO Mains 2019.
IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Test
Before digging deep inside the IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Test analysis, we are giving you an insight of the IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern so that you can understand the importance of Descriptive Test in the exam.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2019
IBPS PO Mains exam has 4 sections in total comprising Reasoning, English, Quantitive Aptitude and General Awareness comprising of total of 200 marks. Apart from this, there is a descriptive test. The descriptive test is a test of English which contains Letter Writing and Essay with 25 marks and 30 minutes duration.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
How to Ace Through the Descriptive Test of IBPS PO Mains?
It is important for you to focus on the right area instead of going in so deep. Here is a list of important topics that will help you in sailing through the IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Test:
- Issue of Jammu & Kashmir including Article 370 and 35A, Formation of Two Union Territory
- Indian Space Agency and its various Technology and New Innovations
- Delhi Air Pollution problem and measures to tackle them
- Bank Mergers: Pros and Cons with the recent mergers
- Current Economic slowdown and reforms that can help the Economy to Rise
- World Economics Slowdown
- Ayodhya Verdict
- Rural banking and its Reform
- Ways to maintain our mental health in today’s fast-paced world
- The Importance of a strong opposition to the ruling party in a democracy
- India’s Airline Industry
- Defence Related trending Points
- Artificial Intelligence – A promising field of Industry
- Foreign Policy of Modi Era
- India’s Rank in ease of doing business
- India’s Educational system
- Ayushmaan Bharat
- India’s Space Mission: Chandrayaan 2
- Climate Change
- Digital currencies and the Government’s decision to ban them
- Cyber Security
- Trade Wars and its impact
- Global Terrorism & ways to tackle ?
Previous Year’s Topic
IBPS PO Mains 2018 Descriptive Test Topics:
Letter Writing (150 words)
1) Write a letter to the editor on types of pollution and how to reduce it.
2) Write a letter to your neighbor thanking them for their help in the hour of need.
Essay Writing (200 words)
2) Magazines and Journals have switched to digital media
3) Does India needs a universal health care system
4) Advantages of learning foreign languages.
IBPS PO Mains 2017 Descriptive Test Topics:
1. Write a Letter to you friend encouraging and advising him to plan his own start-up
2. Letter to your office colleague
3. Write a letter to the branch manager requesting him to block your credit card as you’ve lost it and ask him to issue you a new card.
1. Which reform in Indian education can be compared with International level
2. Advantages and Disadvantages of Cashless economy
3. Effects of gadets on intellectual capabilities of humans
Descriptive test is dynamic in nature. Make sure you chose the right topic for yourself as time would be limited. You can not afford to write the letter again and again due to lack of points on different topics. So, choosing the appropriate one is very important.
Content: Make sure your content is relevant and justify the title. Be to the point and make use of examples and explanations. Everything should cogently support and justify your content.
Formal and Informal Requirements: Stic to the prescribed format according to the topic is asked. Focus on your language, it should follow the tone of formal writing wherever required. Try not to cross the word limit and make sure you write the essay in representative way.
Structure of the paragraph: It should reflect how well your words justify the title and the paragraph should be connecting.There should be no mismatch between the lines. Keep a check if the paragraph contain only one idea or more, evidence that you have used, support the argument or not? You paper should have introductory para, middle part and conclusion to wind up the same.
Grammar: Keep a check on the grammar. Make sure use of tenses, parts of speech and other parts are used correctly.Create simple but correct sentence. Also your puntcuation should be accurate.
Vocabulary and spelling: Besides grammar, you should also be aware of the good vocabulary and spelling. Sometimes aspirants get confused about the spelling and make a mistake that leads to negative marking.