IBPS PO Selection Process 2020: With an overview of selecting 1417 aspirants for the post of Prohibitory Officers, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is going to conduct the IBPS PO Prelims exam in 3 October, 10 October & 11 October 2020. Only the eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of their marks obtained in IBPS PO Exams. The IBPS PO exam will be conducted in three phases – Preliminary, Main and Interview.Many of the candidates are confused with the Selection procedure for Bank PO posts, Here in this article, we are providing you a complete guide of IBPS PO Selection Process 2020 detailing every stage Prelims, Mains and Interview Procedure that was conducted by IBPS to recruit eligible candidates.
IBPS PO Selection Procedure: Check IBPS PO Exam Stages
The three phases of IBPS PO Selection procedure are;
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Interview Round
Beginning with the stages involved in the recruitment process, IBPS PO selection is completed after a candidate qualify all three stages and these are Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview Round. The primary phase of selection procedure is IBPS PO Preliminary Exam which is compulsory to be qualify to jump into the next phase of Selection procedure which is IBPS PO Mains Exam. Only the candidates who made it to score as per the merit list will be allotted with Mains admit card. The eligible candidates who qualify Mains exam will be called for an interview round in which the final list of selected candidates with their allotment letter will be provided.
Lets discuss each phase in detail to give it more easy and clear to understand the selection procedure
Highlights to IBPS PO 2020
|Recruiting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Eligibility||Age – 20 to 30 Years, Education- Graduate|
|Recruitment Process||Prelims + Main + Interview/GD|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Online Application Process||5 Aug to 26 Aug 2020|
|Subjects||Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Reasoning Ability & Computer and General Awareness|
|Prelims Exam Date||3rd, 10th and 11th October 2020|
|Main Exam Date||28 Nov 2020|
1. IBPS PO Primary Exam Phase
The first stage of the IBPS PO competitive exam is Preliminary Exam. Every year lakhs of candidates appear in the exam and only thousands of them are promoted to the next phase of selection procedure. This year, the Prelims dates are scheduled for 3rd, 10th and 11th October 2020 and the candidates have already started their preparation for Prelims exam. If you are among those who are planning for last minute preparation, then drop the idea and start preparing now as its not going to be easy this time.
Key Points for IBPS PO Prelims Exam
- The Prelims exam is comprised of three sections namely, English language, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The total number of Multiple Choice Question asked will be 100 among which 35 are of Reasoning Ability, 30 of English Language, and 35 for Quantitative Aptitude. Each correct question will score you with one mark.
- The candidate have to complete the exam in 60 minutes.
- The cut-off list will be released after the conduction of exam and only the candidates whose score are listed in cut-off will have to prepare for Mains exam.
- The main key point for Prelims is that a candidate have to qualify both section-wise and overall cut-off marks.
So, do not think of skipping any section or giving less importance to any as it might be a huge lose.
2. IBPS PO Mains Exam Phase
The candidates who qualify Prelims exam will be eligible for appearing in the Mains Exam which is a online and offline exam. The IBPS PO Mains Exam will be conducted in two parts; one is objective and another one is descriptive. Both sections are mandatory to attempt as result will be on the basis of marks obtained in both the papers. This year the IBPS PO Mains Exam is scheduled for 28th November 2020.
Key Points for IBPS PO Mains Exam
- Objective exam is comprised of 4 sections namely, English language, Data Interpretation & Analysis, Reasoning and Computer Awareness.
- In the descriptive exam, a candidate have to attempt 2 Questions for Essay Writing and Letter Writing which is comprised of 25 marks
- The total number question in Objective exam will be 180 among which 45 are of Reasoning Ability, 35 of English Language, 35 for Data Interpretation & Analysis, and 40 for General Awareness section. The MCQ section will be of 225 marks.
- Similar to Prelims, the candidate have to score minimum cut-off marks in both papers to get selected for the next round.
- The main key point for IBPS Mains exam is that the descriptive exam will be examined only if the candidate passes in the objective exam.
3. IBPS PO Interview Round
The final step which will decide the eligibility of candidate to select for Banking PO posts is the Interview Round. Only the candidates who qualify above two phases will grab an opportunity for interview round or final round. The interview call letter will be sent to the candidates who have cleared Mains exams with minimum cut-off. The interview round will be in an offline mode with face-to-face interaction. The marks obtained in Interview round out of 100 will be on the basis of candidate’s communication skills and personal traits.
The final selection of a candidate will be done on the basis of Mains and Interview scores which will be in the ratio 80:20. The Prelims exam will not be taken in account as it is just a screening test to select the candidates for Mains exam.
Hope this article clears your doubts for the IBPS PO Selection Process. In case still you have any query do comment below.