Here is the interview experience:
There were 5 members in my panel, m1 m2 m3 m4 f1. I entered the room and greeted all members good morning and all members replied good morning. Then m3 (panel head ) said me to sit down and I said thank you, sir. Then questions started and the questions are as follows:
1. M4: so your name is Mohd Wasid, what is the meaning of your name?
Ans. Wasid means engrossed or focused.
2. M4: then what is the meaning of Mohammed?
Ans. Sir Mohammed was our prophet that’s why we use it as our surname.
3. M4 asked about family and father occupation etc.
4. M3 when was RBI established?
Ans. 1 April 1935.
5. M3 tell me about its functions?
Ans. It issues Monetary policy and through it, it maintains liquidity in the market by changing policy rates and thus controls inflation and RBI also issues currency notes.
6. M3 there is another function of RBI…
Ans. Sir RBI is also banker to other banks as it lends them at repo rate and bank rates (stopped in between).
7. M3 what is Repo Rate?
Ans. Sir Repo rate is the rate at which RBI lends money to the banks for short period and for this banks have to give some collateral.
8. Which type of collaterals?
Ans. Govt securities, bonds and gold etc or anything that can easily be converted into cash in short time.
9. M1 so Wasid you are from Jodhpur, what is famous in Jodhpur?
Ans. Sir Mehrangarh fort is famous in Jodhpur.
10. It is build up of which stone (expected one because I m a civil engineer)?
Ans. Sir, it is build up of sandstone.
11. M1 tell me names of CMs of Rajasthan?
Ans. Shri Barkattula Khan, Shri Jai Narayan Vyas, former CM Shri Ashok Gehlot Ji,Shri Bhairon Singh Shekhawat.
12. M2 do u have interest in reading Urdu literature?
Ans. No sir I do not have interest in Urdu literature.
13. M2( in Hindi ) Vishwa Sundari kaun hai? (I said sir bahut long name hai as I thought k unhone miss universe pucha hoga) then he said miss world kon hai?
Ans. Sir miss world Manushri Chillar hai.
14. F1 acha batao banking ombudsman scheme kya hai?
Ans. Ma’am B.O. Act was last introdused in 2006 and if any customer has any problem or issue in banking service of any bank then he can complain to the B.O. but after complaining to the branch manager of the bank within 30 days of issue and within one year, he can reach to the banking ombudsman.
15. M4 (was in the mood of rapid fire) what are carpet area and plinth area(civil engineering related question)?
Ans. (Now I also started answering in rapid-fire mood) said sorry sir I don’t know.
16. M4 ok what is sigma bond and pi bond (chemistry question)
Ans. Sir, is it a chemistry question (he started laughing and said that ye to aap batao tabhi toh pucha hai and everyone started laughing and I also smiled a bit with them) the no said sorry sir I have no idea.
17. M4 heard of any civil eng. related issue in Delhi recently?
Ans. Sorry sir, I have no idea because I am not in touch with my technical subject for last 1 year and I m preparing for banking.
M4 said but ye toh G.A. ka sawal hai.
18. M2 what are your hobbies?
Ans. Sir, I love watching football and I watch la liga and I also love youtube surfing (expected some cross questions but he asked nothing).
19. At last M4 asked, so tell me why should I hire you?
Ans. Sir, a bank PO has many responsibilities and I love to take responsibilities and I can tackle the pressure of the job of a PO (i guess the worst part of my interview as could have said lot better than this).
Then M4 said OK you can go now, best of luck beta and I said thank you, sir, and have a nice day.
So that was my interview experience, hope it is helpful for others. Thanks, Bankersadda team, you helped me a lot during my course of preparation.