IBPS is all set to conduct IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam on 7th and 8th December 2019 for 12075 vacancies. It is going to be a tough race as lakhs of aspirants will participate to secure a position in various Public Sector Banks on the post of Clerk. So, Bankersadda in association with Career Power is here with Last minute tips which will help you to sail through IBPS Clerk Prelims 2019.
Candidates who are appearing on Sunday are advised to keep up with bankersadda.com tomorrow to get memory based papers of all the shifts of IBPS Clerk prelims (held on Saturday). This memory based papers will help you to get an overview of IBPS Clerk Prelims paper pattern 2019.
Before digging deep inside the IBPS Clerk Prelims Last-Minute Tips, we are taking you to the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern glimpse so that you do not have any confusion while giving last minute polishing to your preparation.
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2019 Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2019: Last Minute Revision Tips
English Language: This section carries a total of 30 question with a total score of 30 and time duration of 20 minutes. This is the most error prone section. However, IBPS Clerk do not throw much challenge in this section. So all you need to do is keep calm and follow the instructions:
- Work on grammar, primarily, like Parts of Speech, Subject-verb agreement and adjectives
- 20 minutes is more than enough to solev English Section. So, try to attempt this section with accuracy.
- Read the passages carefully and then answer the questions
- There is no need to panic in this section of the paper because it needs to be done with a calm mind to score better
- Work on Vocabulary as it carries a weightage of 2-4 marks. Click here to view the important vocab for IBPS Clerk
- Important Topics: Error Detection, Para jumbles, Phrase Replacement, Double Fillers, etc.
Quantitative Aptitude: This section carries a total of 35 question with a total score of 35 marks. The level of Quant in IBPS Clerk Exam is moderate. However, sometimes Quant section come out to be time consuming. So,time management is the key to keep a hold on this section.
- Work on your time management as 20 minutes are not enough to solve 35 questions of Quant but if you are prepared well, you can easily get through it.
- Do not give more than 1 minute to a question. If you are not getting the answer for the question skip to the next question as the timer keep on moving.
- Data Interpretation (DI) is the most important topic of Quant section. Also, it is in trend these days. So, keep a eye on the same.
- Do not guess as it will do no good.
- Important Topics: Data Interpretation (DI), Inequality/ Quadratic Equations, Number Series, Simplification and Approximation and Other Miscellaneous topics like Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Time and Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Partnership, etc
Reasoning Ability: This section too carries a total of 35 question with a total score of 35 marks, same as that of reasoning section. Reasoning section demands intensive short-tricks and there is no way out. Your level of brain-stroming will help you to sail through this section.
- Attempt more and more puzzles as this is the most scoring topic along with seating arrangement.
- Attempt section-wise mock for the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam to maintain speed and accuracy.
- Solve easy questions first and than move to the syllogism.
- Do not try to attempt the questions which you are not sure with.
- Important Topics: Puzzles & Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Inequality, Blood-relation and Coding-Decoding.
- Go through the previous year’s paper to get a glimpse of the whole examination properly.
- Take speed test to check your speed and accuracy.
- Revise everything you have read till now.
- Keep you mind relaxed and stay calm during the entire examination process.
- Do not take stress as it is the eleventh hour and all you need is a stress-free mind
- Take a proper sleep.
You may also like to read: