Directions (1-10). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will he in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ‘No error’, the answer is ‘d’. (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any).
1. The judge dismissed the case because (A)/ the plaintiff was hell bent on (B)/ withdrawing back his complaint (C)/ no error (D).
2. He was too drunk (A)/ to know (B)/ where he was going to (C)/ no error (D).
3. The streets (A)/ are so wet (B)/ It should have rained last night (C)/ no error (D).
4. The bunch of keys (A)/ have been lost (B)/ by my mother early in the morning (C)/ no error (D).
5. The news were (A)/ read out (B)/ by a vey smart and fluent newsreader (C)/ no error (D).
6. The French embassy employs him (A)/ reguarly (B)/ as he speak french (C)/ no error(D).
7. He has been going to the office (A)/ for a year now (B)/ and he even can’t understand its working (C)/ no error (D).
8. You will lose (A)/ your dog (B)/ if you didn’t tie it up (C)/ no error (D).
9. Man’s happiness or misery (A)/ are in a great measure (B)/ in his own hands (C)/ no error (D).
10. He ate (A)/ nothing (B)/ since yesterday (C)/ no error (D).
Directions (11-20): In each one of the following sentences, there are two blank spaces. Below each sentence, there are five pairs of words denoted by numbers (A), (B), (C) and (D). Find out which pair of words can be filled up in the blanks .n the sentence in the same sequence to make it, meaningfully complete.
11. RBI ________ to play a ________ role in reforming banking sectors.
12. Solving sample ______ improve _______ of students.
13. Delhi high court is likely to _______ hearing on a _______ plea of JNU student.
14. It was left to the doctor who had ______ on him to put the record ______ on television.
15. Mr Modi _______ some tips to _______ stess with the students.
16. Ministery of Enviornment lists _______ commonsensical ______ to save electricity.
D. Many, Tips.
17. “The sea really is the ________ test of your _______” says Lieutenant P. Swati.
18. Candidates are to ______ their _______ to the given address.
C. All are correcct.
19. College has _____ to reject ______.
20. District authorities had ________ ban on ________ products.
1. (C),Back must be removed. 2. (C),To will be removed. 3. (C),Should have rained replaced with must have rained. 4. (B),Bunch is a singular verb so it will take has. 5. (A),News is a singular noun , so were replaced by was. 6. (C),Add how before to. 7. (C),Replace and by but. 8. (C),Replace didn’t by wouldn’t. 9. (B),Use is in place of are. 10. (A),Ate replace by has eaten. 11. A 12. C 13. B 14. D 15. A 16. C 17. A 18. D 19. A 20. C