New President of India 2022: Droupadi Murmu, has been elected as the 15th President of India on 21st July 2022 after defeating the joint opposition nominee Yashwant Sinha. She is the first tribal woman to be appointed to this position and became the 2nd woman after Srimati Pratibha Patil to hold the top constitutional post. Murmu is a former governor of Jharkhand and the National Democratic Alliance candidate. Droupadi Murmu belongs to the Santhali tribe and was born in the Mayurbhanj district of Odisha. Droupadi Murmu secured 64.03% of the total votes polled to be elected as the country’s first tribal President. In this article, we have covered all the important information related to the new president of India 2022.
New President of India 2022: Droupadi Murmu
- Droupadi Murmu was born on 20th June 1958 in the Mayurbhanj district of Odisha
- She was elected to two terms in the Odisha Assembly in 2000 and 2004 and served as a Minister from 2000 to 2004 in Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s BJD-BJP coalition government. She was sworn in as the first woman Governor of Jharkhand in 2015.
- She has earned her Bachelor’s degree in Arts from Bhubaneshwar’s Ramadevi Women’s College and served in the irrigation and power department in Odisha government
- She was awarded the Nilkanth award for the best MLA of the year in 2007 by the Odisha Legislative Assembly
New President Of India 2022
Here we are providing below the stats of votes casted in the presidential election.
|New President Of India 2022, 15th President Of India|
|Votes||Droupadi Murmu||Yashwant Sinha|
|Votes From States & Union Territories||2284||1669|
|Votes From Parliament||540||208|
|Total Value of votes||6,76,803||3,80,177|
New President Of India 2022: What Constitution Says
- Constitution says the president of India is the head of the Indian state and is also the first citizen of India. Article 52 says that there shall be a president of India.
- Article 54 has the provisions related to the election of president
- Article 55 has the provisions related to the manner of presidential election
- Article 56 mentions term of office of president
- Article 60 has the oath by the president
- Article 356 has the provisions of president rule
New President Of India 2022, India’s 15th President: Quiz
Now lets have a look at some important questions related to the president of India, these questions can be asked in your general awareness section. Give your answers in the comment section
Q.1 How many presidents of India so far were elected unopposed?
Q.2 Impeachment of president of India can be initiated in?
Q.3 What is the salary of Indian President?
FAQs: New President of India 2022, India’s 15th President
Q.1 Whom did Droupadi Murmu defeated to become the 15th president of India?
Ans Droupdai Murmu defeated Yashwant sinha to become the 15th president of India
Q.2 Who was the first female president of India?
Ans The first female president of India was Srimati Pratibha Patil.
Q.3 Who is the youngest president in the history of India?
Ans Droupdai Murmu became the the youngest president in the history of India
|Weekly Current Affairs 2022|