Securities and Exchange Board of India has released an official notification for the post of SEBI Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) 2020. The Securities and Exchange Board of India wants Assistant Manager for the different streams. (i.e.- General, Legal, Information Technology, and Engineering). Those candidates who are eligible for different stream posts can apply online for a suitable post as per your qualifications. Earlier, the last date for apply online was 23rd March 2020 then SEBI extended the Last date for apply online is 30th April 2020. SEBI 3rd time postponed online application is 31st May 2020. As we know Fourth-time SEBI Online Application date extended to 31st July 2020. Again due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the complete recruitment process was rescheduled, and now the last date to apply online is 31st October 2020.
Preparation Strategy for SEBI Grade A Phase-I Exam
Exam dates released
SEBI on 20th October 2020, also released its rescheduled dates for the Grade A exam of both Phase 1 & Phase 2 to be conducted on 17th January 2021 and 27th February 2021 respectively. Paper 2 of Phase II of Information Technology Stream shall be held separately, the details of which shall be available on SEBI website (www.sebi.gov.in) in due course.
As the Phase 1 examination is imminent the aspirants are looking for the best preparation strategies in order to crack the Grade A exam.
It is important for us to first look at the SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Then we can more focus on important topics of SEBI Grade A Exam 2020 and boost our preparation with the subject-tips.
Some important points :
- There is paper wise cut-off in Phase I and Phase II.
- Phase-I – (Paper -1) Cut-off is 30%, Paper-2 Cut-off is 40%.
- Phase-II – (Paper-1) Cut-off is 30% Paper-2 Cut-off is 40%.
- There is no sectional Cut-off in Paper 1 and Paper 2.Therfore, you can take advantage of it and make your score high so that chances of your selection will increase through your overall marks.
- Paper 2 is the same for Phase I and Phase II. Prepare well for Paper 2 as it would help you increase overall marks in the SEBI Grade A Exam 2020.
- There are six subjects in the Paper-2 (Commerce & Accounting, Companies Act, Finance & Management & Economics) with a total of 100 Marks and the Time duration is 40Minutes. So that we can assume the level of paper. The Paper 2 is required a basic understanding of the subjects
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern For Phase I
SEBI Grade A Phase I Exam will have two papers: Paper I and Paper II. Both the papers will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s). Paper 1 will be common for all the streams whereas the exam pattern of Paper 2 will vary according to various disciplines. Both the papers will be of 100 marks.
|Paper||Streams/ Subjects||Max. Marks||Duration||Cut off|
|Paper 1||All Streams: Multiple choice questions on the
subjects viz. General Awareness (including some
questions related to Financial Sector of easy to
moderate difficulty level), English Language,
Quantitative Aptitude and Test of Reasoning.
|Paper 2||General Stream: Multiple choice questions on
subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management,
Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics.
|Legal, Information Technology, Engineering
Stream (Civil & Electrical), Official Language
stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized
subject related to stream.
|Research Stream:- Multiple choice questions on
subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics,
Finance and Commerce.
SEBI Grade A 2020 Phase-I – Paper 1 Preparation Tips-
- There are four sections in Paper 1 of Phase I.(i.e.- Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, English, General Awareness (including some questions related to the financial sector)
- Marks distribution of all the sections is not released by SEBI officials. Before one week ago of exam Phase I SEBI will release information hangout. As of now, let’s make an intelligent guess & boost our preparation of SEBI Grade A 2020.
- Each Section of Paper-1 can carry 25 Marks.
Let us look at the strategies section wise:
General Awareness :
GA is a high scoring section in this examination. Check below given tips to boost your preperation-
Read Daily Current Affairs to Stay updated with the world.
Go through check Monthly Current Affairs and Yearly Current Affairs Book to boost your preparation.
Keep yourself updated with any current news related to SEBI.
- Make sure you aware of Government Schemes, Policies, Ranking, Development in Financial Sectors.
On a daily basis you should read all current affairs and attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
English can be a gruelling section for the aspirants because of its criticality. So we should follow these important tips to strengthen your English Section for SEBI Grade A exam.
- Starting from the Grammar Portion can be a strategic idea because most of the questions asked from the basic rules of grammar.
- Enhance your vocabulary by reading daily newspapers and finding the meaning of the commonly used complex words.
- Practice attempting basic grammar quiz on a daily basis to keep an eye on the commonly made mistakes.
- While reading daily newspapers it should be kept in mind that economic & finance news plays a major role in the Cloze test, Reading Comprehension, Para Jumble.
If your basics are good to attempt any question then you will get an answer in seconds. For this kind of Preparation, you should do practice on the basics of the Quant section.
- Make a list of your stronger topics in this section and do lots of practice of these questions.
- Quant section is all about how much time you have given to practice. So, practice as many questions as you can.
- Data Interpretation, Number Series, Quadratic Equation, SI & CI, Profit and Loss, Time & Distance, Time, and Work are some important topics to increase your marks in this section
Reasoning Ability :
This section also an important section in every exam because it doesn’t have any pattern of questions. Here you can find various kinds of questions and there is no pre-set formula to solve them. So aspirants should make sure to solve as many questions as possible to cover each category of questions. Check out below given tips below to crack SEBI Grade A 2020 exam.
- The puzzle is the most important topic in this section. Around 2-3 puzzles are asked in the exams(i.e.-Seating Arrangement, Month wise, Linear Arrangement, Floor Based Puzzle)
- Inequality, Alpha-numeric, Direction, and Distance, Blood relation are also important topics. You should practice these questions as many as you can.
- Practice at least 30 Questions in a day from important topics