Q1. Ravi purchased 100 watches at the rate of Rs. 500 per watch. He incurred Rs. 3000 on transportation and in transportation 10 watches got damaged which he gets repaired at the cost of Rs. 100 per watch. He marked the price as Rs. 600 but announced a discount of 10%. Find his profit/loss % in the entire transaction.
(a) 6 % profit
(b) 10% loss
(c) no profit no loss
(d) 2% profit
(e) None of these
Q2. there are 2 fighter jets A & B employed to bomb an area. The probability of their hitting the target is 0.2 and 0.4. jet B only hits if A fails its target. What is the probability that the target will be hit?
Q3. A boat covers 30 km in downstream in 5 hours while takes 20% more time in upstream to travel the same distance. On a particular day, the boat while travelling downstream found a ship 80m in length crosses (coming from opposite direction) the boat completely in 10 sec. find the speed of the ship. (in kmph)
(e) Cannot be determined
Q4. In a factory, there are 4 machines of efficiency in ratio 2:3:4:5. All machines are started to complete an order of 70 items in equal time. If the operational cost is proportional to their efficiency & cost of slowest machine is Rs. 10 per hour. Find the total operational cost (in Rs.).
Q5. Farhan, Salim and Shoaib entered into a partnership with Rs. 50000, 60000, 70000 respectively. Shoaib being dishonest marked only 90% profit and kept the rest 10%. After a year, when this was noticed, he was suspended and fined with 1.5 times his total profit which was equally distributed between Farhan & Salim. Find the ratio of total profit of Farhan to Salim at the end of a year if the actual profit was Rs. 54000.
(e) none of these
Q6. A and B together can do a piece of work in 48 days and B & C together do the same work in 36 days. If first 24 days A work alone next 36 days B work alone and remaining work complete by C in 20 days, then find in how many days A and C complete work together?
Q7. A boat travelled with the direction of the current from point A to B, and return against the current and stop at point C. Distance between B and C is 75% of, distance between A and B. given speed of current is 6 km/hr and speed of boat still water is 150% of current speed and boat takes 9.5 hr to complete whole journey of A to C. then find the total distance covered by boat?
(a) 30.5 km
(b) 52.5 km
(c) 42.5 km
(d) 48.5 km
(e)None of these
Q8. There is five pink and four white balls in a bag. Three balls choose randomly, what is probability of at least one ball is pink and at most two are white ball?
(e)None of these
Q9. A train can travel 100% faster than a car. Both start from point A at the same time and reach point B 150 km away from A at the same time on the way however train lost about 30 minutes while stopping at a station. Find the speed of car?
(a) 115 km/hr
(b) 120 km/hr
(c) 125 km/hr
(d) 75 km/hr
(e) 150 km/hr
Q11.How many arrangements can be formed out of the letters of the word ‘EXAMINATION’ so that vowels always occupy odd places?
(b) none of these
Q12. The average age of the students in a class is 40yrs and if a student whose age was 30 yrs is absent from the class, then average age of those student who were present goes up by 2. How many students were there in the class initially?
Q13.Ravi Kant Sharma is thrice as efficient as Ayush and hence completes a work in 60 days less than the numbers of days taken by Ayush to complete the work. What will be the number of days taken by both of them to complete the work together?(in days)
Q14. Maanik has. a total of 20 red and blue marbles in two bags (each bag has marbles of both colors). A marble is randomly drawn from the first bag followed by another randomly drawn from the second bag, the probability of both being red is 5/16. What is the probability of both marbles being blue?
(c) none of these
(d) can’t be determined
Q15. Four year ago, the ratio of the ages of A and B was 13:9 and eight year hence it would be 4:3. The difference of their ages four year hence will be?(in years)