| Updated On August 4th, 2020 at 07:26 pm
Quantitative aptitude is an important section for Banking exams Like IBPS, SBI, IBPS RRB, SEBI, and other exams. In this space, we will be providing you everything that you need to know to ace this section. This will be beneficial for you if you are appearing for any of these exams. If you are preparing for banking and insurance sector recruitment exams, then it is a must that you should prepare quantitative aptitude or numerical ability because you’ll have to face this section in both preliminary and main exam of every bank recruitment.
Most of the Students feel that the Quantitative Aptitude section is the toughest in the exam Because it takes so much time compared to other sections. Without proper practice, you can't ace the exam. We will be providing you the daily Quizzes of Quantitative Aptitude which will prepare you for the upcoming exams. Through practice, you can increase your speed and accuracy also. We are with you at each step of your preparation. Daily solve these Quizzes to get confident about the exam.
If you are preparing for banking and insurance sector recruitment exams, then it is a must that you should prepare quantitative aptitude or numerical ability because you’ll have to face this section in both preliminary and main exam of every bank recruitment- IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, RBI Assistant, RBI Grade B, IBPS RRB Recruitments, NABARD etc.
Topics to Cover in Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation and Analysis – This includes different types of Data Interpretations like Tabular DI, Line Graph, Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Radar or Spider Web DI, Caselet and other miscellaneous Data Interpretations.
- Number Series- Wrong number series, missing number series
- Quadratic Equations or Inequalities- This also includes Quantity 1, Quantity 2 based questions.
- Simplification and Approximation- These questions test calculation speed of a candidate.
- Arithmetic Word Problems – This includes word problems based on formulas and calculations on various miscellaneous topics of arithmetic like Profit and Loss, Time, Speed and Distance, Work and Time, Problem on Ages, Average, Percentage, Problem on Trains, Mensuration, Probability, Permutation and Combination etc.
- Data Sufficiency- It covers various arithmetic topics and usually a question is followed by two or three statements and candidates have to determine if any of those statement individually or together are required to satisfy the criteria given in the question or not.
Tips to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude
Follow these guidelines to prepare quantitative aptitude for bank exams and other competitive exams:
- Improve your calculation speed by doing calculations manually, learning tables till 30, square roots and cube roots.
- Practice arithmetic portion thoroughly and learn all important formulas to solve arithmetic word problems.
- Learn BODMAS and basic mathematical tips for calculation.
- Read the instructions of every question very carefully.
- It is important to practice with a time bound approach as time management is a must for competitive exams.
- Practice with latest pattern based questions on bankersadda.com Also check previous years’ papers to get an idea about the level and types of questions in trend.
Quantitative Aptitude Topics
Data Interpretation and Analysis, Number Series, Arithmetic Word Problems, Data Sufficiency are some of the important topics in the Quantitative aptitude section. Strategize your preparation with us without proper guidance. It's tough to prepare for this section. Work smartly choose the topics from which the question is asked maximum and prepare accordingly. Practice with the latest pattern based questions on bankersadda.com and check Previous year questions, with the help of previous year questions you can get an idea about the questions asked in the exam.
Strengthen your Basics
Don’t try to do questions of the higher level until and unless you are completely aware of the basics of that topic as doing so will only decrease your confidence and you will end up gaining nothing. Start from the basics. Solve simple and easy questions and once you are comfortable in solving them gradually moves to a higher level. This way you will better understand the concept.
Practice As Much As You Can
Quantitative ability is one section that requires you to practice a lot because it has lots of formulas and you cannot learn them all until you have applied them in some questions. So make sure that you solve at least 30-40 questions related to one formula for a better understanding of it.
Solve Mock Tests and Previous Year Papers
No matter which exam you are preparing for this is a one-stop solution for all your problems and can help you to score a very good score. Take a mock test with full efficiency and then analyze it properly. Analyzing the mock test is even more important than taking a mock test. There is no use if you are taking 5 mocks in a day but is not analyzing even a single properly because you are not learning out of it and hence you are not improving.
Quantative Aptitude Question and Answer
Q1. The L.C.M of two number is 3 times of largest number and difference between smallest number and H.C.F. of two number is 12. Then find out the smallest number.
S1. Ans (d)
Let two number are x and y(x>y)
L.C.M of both number = 3x
ysmallest number=3 ×h.c.f
so, smallest number y= H.C.F +12
Directions (11- 12): What should come in place of the question mark (?) in the following questions?
Q11. 4.8% of 6000+3.3% of 5000-2.1% of ?=432
Directions (9-10): - What approximate value should come in place of questions mark (?) in the following questions?
Q49. If 33% of the sum of two number is equal to 67% of difference of the same numbers. If sum of same two number equal to 469. Then find out the smaller number?
S49. Ans (d)
Let two number are A and B.
33% of (A+B) = 67% of (A-B)
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Calculation Based- Simplification, Approximation, Number Series
- Arithmetic Word Problems
- Data Sufficiency
- Practice all formulas of arithmetic.
- Learn tricks to do speedy calculations
- You should practice in such a way that you develop a habit of quickly identifying the types of questions you should attempt and the types of questions you should skip in the exam.
Quantitative Aptitude Quizzes
The Ace Quantitative Aptitude For Banking and Insurance is the best book to learn the concepts of quantitative aptitude from the basic to advance level. The book by Adda247 includes all the latest topics that you should prepare to score in quantitative aptitude with detailed concepts and practice exercises. Along with this, the Ace Quantitative Aptitude Book also includes chapter-wise previous years' questions for efficient learning and to help students understand the level of competitive examinations. Click Here to Check the Index.Salient Features of the Book
· Based on Latest Pattern
· 3 Level of Exercises
· 2000+ Multiple Choice Questions with 100% solutions
· Includes the Previous Year Questions of all the chapters.
You can also check A Complete Book on Data Interpretation and Analysis by Adda247 that covers all types of DI such as Table| Pie | Bar | Line | Caselet |Radar. The following are the salient features of this book:· 2000+ Questions Based on Latest Pattern with detailed Solutions
· Covers all the types of DI such as Table| Pie | Bar | Line | Caselet |Radar
· Includes Arithmetic Based & Missing DI asked in IBPS/SBI Mains Examinations
· Includes Previous year questions asked in SBI Po mains 2018, IBPS PO mains 2018 and other exams.
· Essential for both Prelims and Mains exams
Click Here to Check the Index of this Book
Click Here to Get A Complete Book on Data Interpretation and Analysis