Quantitative Aptitude: If you are a competitive examination aspirant then you must be well aware about the weightage of each subject. As all subjects are equally important but, Quantitative Aptitude is one of the most important section, this plays a very important role in any examination, being it a banking exams or other competitive examination. Many students who are preparing for any competitive examinations, feels like Quantitative aptitude is the most difficult sections amongst all, as it is the time taken compared to the other one, but at the same time if you are very clear with your concepts and you are having a good speed in solving the question, then this section can be a scoring one for the aspirants. Today, In this article, we will be providing you everything that you need to know to ace this section. This will be beneficial for you if you are appearing for any of the competitive exams. If you are preparing for banking and insurance sector recruitment exams, then it is a must that you should prepare quantitative aptitude or numerical ability because you’ll have to face this section in both preliminary and main exam of every bank recruitment.
One thing every aspirant should note, that, without proper practice, you can’t score well and ace the examination. We will be providing you the daily Quizzes of Quantitative Aptitude which will prepare you for the upcoming exams. Through practice, you can increase your speed and accuracy also. We are with you at each step of your preparation. Daily solve these Quizzes to get confident about the exam.
List of Quantitative Aptitude Topics
Data Interpretation and Analysis, Number Series, Arithmetic Word Problems, Data Sufficiency are some of the important topics in the Quantitative aptitude section. Strategize your preparation with us without proper guidance. It’s tough to prepare for this section. Work smartly choose the topics from which the question is asked maximum and prepare accordingly. Practice with the latest pattern based questions on bankersadda.com and check Previous year questions, with the help of previous year questions you can get an idea about the questions asked in the exam.
Don’t try to do questions of the higher level until and unless you are completely aware of the basics of that topic as doing so will only decrease your confidence and you will end up gaining nothing. Start from the basics. Solve simple and easy questions and once you are comfortable in solving them gradually moves to a higher level. This way you will better understand the concept.
Important Topics of Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation and Analysis – This includes different types of Data Interpretations like Tabular DI, Line Graph, Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Radar or Spider Web DI, Caselet and other miscellaneous Data Interpretations.
- Number Series– Wrong number series, missing number series
- Quadratic Equations or Inequalities– This also includes Quantity 1, Quantity 2 based questions.
- Simplification and Approximation– These questions test calculation speed of a candidate.
- Arithmetic Word Problems – This includes word problems based on formulas and calculations on various miscellaneous topics of arithmetic like Profit and Loss, Time, Speed and Distance, Work and Time, Problem on Ages, Average, Percentage, Problem on Trains, Mensuration, Probability, Permutation and Combination etc.
- Data Sufficiency– It covers various arithmetic topics and usually a question is followed by two or three statements and candidates have to determine if any of those statement individually or together are required to satisfy the criteria given in the question or not.
Tips to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude
Follow these guidelines to prepare quantitative aptitude for bank exams and other competitive exams:
- Improve your calculation speed by doing calculations manually, learning tables till 30, square roots and cube roots, this will save your time in the examination.
- Practice arithmetic portion thoroughly and learn all important formulas to solve arithmetic word problems.
- Learn BODMAS and basic mathematical tips for calculation.
- Read the instructions of every question very carefully.
- It is important to practice with a time bound approach as time management is a must for competitive exams.
- Practice with latest pattern based questions on bankersadda.com Also check previous years’ papers to get an idea about the level and types of questions in trend.
- Then start practicing with the mock tests which are designed by our experts faculty, and as well attempt the free quizzes available on our app, which consists of the latest pattern.
Practice As Much As You Can
Quantitative ability is one section that requires you to practice a lot because it has lots of formulas and you cannot learn them all until you have applied them in some questions. So make sure that you solve at least 30-40 questions related to one formula for a better understanding of it.
Solve Mock Tests and Previous Year Papers
No matter which exam you are preparing for this is a one-stop solution for all your problems and can help you to score a very good score. Take a mock test with full efficiency and then analyze it properly. Analyzing the mock test is even more important than taking a mock test. There is no use if you are taking 5 mocks in a day but is not analyzing even a single properly because you are not learning out of it and hence you are not improving.
What is quantitative aptitude?
Basic quantitative aptitude is a test to judge a person’s mental capability to solve numerical problems. Any aptitude test is meant to analyze a candidate’s problem-solving skills, thus quantitative aptitude helps in analyzing and rating a candidate’s mathematical ability. Following are the components of quantitative aptitude test in bank exams:
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Calculation Based- Simplification, Approximation, Number Series
- Arithmetic Word Problems
- Data Sufficiency
Use the method of elimination to identify closest possible answers and then compute the value to check.
- Practice all formulas of arithmetic.
- Learn tricks to do speedy calculations
- You should practice in such a way that you develop a habit of quickly identifying the types of questions you should attempt and the types of questions you should skip in the exam.
Which book is best for Quantitative Aptitude??
The Ace Quantitative Aptitude For Banking and Insurance is the best book to learn the concepts of quantitative aptitude from the basic to advance level. The book by Adda247 includes all the latest topics that you should prepare to score in quantitative aptitude with detailed concepts and practice exercises. Along with this, the Ace Quantitative Aptitude Book also includes chapter-wise previous years’ questions for efficient learning and to help students understand the level of competitive examinations. Click Here to Check the Index.
Salient Features of the Book
· Based on Latest Pattern
· 3 Level of Exercises
· 2000+ Multiple Choice Questions with 100% solutions
· Includes the Previous Year Questions of all the chapters.
You can also check A Complete Book on Data Interpretation and Analysis by Adda247 that covers all types of DI such as Table| Pie | Bar | Line | Caselet |Radar. The following are the salient features of this book:
· 2000+ Questions Based on Latest Pattern with detailed Solutions
· Covers all the types of DI such as Table| Pie | Bar | Line | Caselet |Radar
· Includes Arithmetic Based & Missing DI asked in IBPS/SBI Mains Examinations
· Includes Previous year questions asked in SBI Po mains 2018, IBPS PO mains 2018 and other exams.
· Essential for both Prelims and Mains exams