“Startup Ecosystem Rankings Report 2020″ has been released by the StartupBlink. The StartupBlink 2020 Global Rankings Report ranked 1000 cities and 100 countries. This is StartupBlink’s 3rd global startup ecosystem report. The Global Startup Rankings of Countries was topped by United States with a score of 123.167, while India stood at 23rd position in the rankings with score of 5.698. The Global Startup Rankings of Cities was topped by San Francisco Bay (United States) with score of 225.310, while among Indian cities, Bangalore stood at 14th position with a score of 16.364.
About StartupBlink 2020 Global Rankings Report:
The StartupBlink 2020 Global Rankings Report has been released by the StartupBlink. The report has been developed on an algorithm created over the last five years and resulting in the world’s most comprehensive startup ecosystem ranking of 1000 cities and 100 countries. The report provided two sets of rankings i.e. for countries, and for the individual ecosystems i.e. the cities.
- Environmental Performance Index 2020
- IMF releases “World Economic Outlook”
- GoI reviews extant Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy
- Union Cabinet Approves “Scheme for formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises”
Method of Ranking:
The components of country and city rankings are based on three factors. Each location has a total score, which is the sum of 3 factors given below:
- The quantity of startups and other supporting organizations
- Quality of startups and other supporting organizations
- Business environment and critical mass
The total score of the rankings is a sum of the quantity, quality, and business environment.
Global Startup Rankings: Countries
Global Startup Rankings: Cities
|1||San Francisco Bay (United States)||225.310|
|5||Los Angeles Area||42.213|
|7||Tel Aviv Area||23.789|
|15||New Delhi (India)||15.561|
- India Ranks 142nd in World Press Freedom Index 2020
- India Ranks 53rd in Open Budget Index 2019
- Click Here to Visit Adda247.com for Study Material
- What is Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)?
India in the “Startup Ecosystem Rankings Report 2020”:
- India was ranked 23rd in the Global Startup Rankings of Countries, with 38 cities in the top 1000 list.
- The quantity and quality score of India was relatively high, but it’s business score was far from impressive.
- When it comes to the Asia–Pacific region, India was ranked 6th just after Taiwan.
- At the city level, the report stated that the majority of Indian startup ecosystems have dropped substantially as there are only 4 Indian cities in the top 100 list in 2020, while this number was 7 in 2019.
- Among Indian cities, Bangalore slightly declined by 3 spots and now ranked 14th in the Global Startup Rankings of Cities, while New Delhi improved by 3 spots to be ranked 15 globally.
- The other two Indian cities that featured in top 100 list are Mumbai and Hyderabad. Mumbai jumped 7 places and ranked 22nd, while Hyderabad lost 21 spots to be ranked 96.
- New Indian entrant in the Global Startup Rankings of Cities was “Indore” which ranked 419 in the list.
According to the Startup Ecosystem Rankings Report 2020, India has to focus on strengthening its top 3 cities along with helping more of its 35 other ranked cities to grow faster and hence, to improve its overall rankings. As India has immense potential, the country can improve its overall ranking by improving its score in the “business” factor, which can be done with better regulation and infrastructure.
You may also like to read:
- Current Affairs one-liners
- Current Affairs & Daily GK Updates 2020
- Download GA Power Capsule for Bank/Insurance Exams
All the Best BA’ians for RBI Assistant Mains!