Quantitative Aptitude is one of the most significant section in most of the banking examination. With greater significance, the level of difficulty of this section like other sections of the examination is increasing. What makes this section a time consuming and complex is the calculation that is needed to maximize your performance. Calculation speed is the uphill battle for most of the student. If you get a good command over calculation, you will not only save your time during exam but will also have an edge over other students in the exam.
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims, etc.
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 14 Months
- 8 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
This article is dedicated to SBI Clerk Quantitative Aptitude’s calculation speed to provide you an edge over the exam. SBI Clerk is a two stage recruitment consisting of Prelims as well as Mains followed by LPT (Language Proficiency Test). Quantitative Aptitude carries 35 and 50 marks in Prelims and Mains stage respectively. It’s relevance can not be ignored. So, it is of utmost importance to make a hold over this section.
You may also like to check:
- How to Score Maximum Marks in SBI Clerk English Language Section?
- How to Prepare Reasoning for SBI Clerk 2020
Why calculation speed is important?
- Topics like DI, Simplification and Approximation, Inequalities, etc are the most scoring in Quant section but demands excellent calculative skills to get through but if you lack calculation speed and skill, this section will become a gordian knot to deal with.
- Calculation speed will give you an edge over other students in cracking the exam.
- Speed and accuracy is the key to succeed in any competitive exam. It will save your time and hence you will be able to solve more questions in time with accuracy.
- It will also improve your mental ability.
How to Increase Calculation Speed for SBI Clerk Exam?
Most of the student find calculation as time consuming and tough, while few of them make it within seconds. This is due to the mindset. Although, it is true that calculations can be made easier, if you continuously keep on practicing the topics. As the main gist of this article is to provide you with tips and tricks to do calculations faster so as you can attempt the maximum number of questions in the Quant Section. So, without making you wait for long, let’s go straight to the point:
Go to the nitty-gritty: Remember the days when you were made to memorize the table? You just have to revive that habits. Learn tables upto 20 and squares and cubes of up to 20. It is crucial that you learn from the scratch rather than jumping to mocks and heavy task all at once. Practice is the key, do as many calculation as possible. To learn table, you can make a box of 20*20 and fill it manually whenever have time, this will help you in memorizing the table easily. Also, grasp the fraction table as well.
Play with Numbers: Try to perform most of the calculations on your own. Check big numbers and practice Average, Subtraction, Multiplications and things can do a good turn in the examinations. You can also check numbers during traveling that will boost your calculation skills
Practice: Consistent practice is also beneficial as with time you will be able to make co-relation between patterns and might develop few tricks and tips of your own to solve particular question that will eventually save your time.
Vedic Maths: Vedic maths is great way to enhance your calculation skills. By knowing, where a particular technique or tricks can be used while solving different questions can help a student in saving time during the examination.
You can also check:
- SBI Clerk 2020 Study Plan: Follow For Assured Result In SBI Clerk Exam
Here are a few important trick to remember for calculation so as to perform fast calculations while attempting competitive examinations:
Three-Digit number technique
If you need to multiply a three-digit number with another three digit number, here are is an example:
Two-digit number technique
Square of Numbers ending with 5
There is the most simple technique to find out the squares. Here is an example:
If you have to find the square of 65, follow the steps:
- Multiply 6 with the next number that comes in counting. In this case, it is 6. 6*7=42 which will form the first part of the answer.
- Now last part will be simply (5)²=25
- So, 65²= 4225
This method works for any size of number. Try it and you will get surprised.
Let’s take example of 205²
- 20 * 21 = 420 and 5² = 25
- So, 205² = 42025
We hope that the method will help you dealing with your calculation speed problem. Remember to keep on practicing as much as you can and get the best out of it. Most of the speed issue can be resolved using more practice. When you keep a consistent approach towards the section, new tricks will get developed. So, keep on taking interest in the section and emerge in flying colors.
Do not forget to practice with: