I am Nabamita Routh. I completed my engineering in ECE in the year 2018 and this year I have got selected as Probationary Officer at UCO Bank and as a clerk in Bank of Baroda (Assam). My father is a retired chief manager of UCO Bank and coincidently I got the opportunity to serve the same bank.
Now the one thing everyone asks me is why banking after engineering?
Seeing my father, I naturally inclined Banking and in my 4th the year I made up my mind to follow his footsteps. Also, the second reason is I wanted a stable job and banking is one sector whose exam process is fast and regular.
My first exam, was SBI PO 2018 which I appeared unprepared just to gain experience. Till SBI clerk 2019, I couldn’t even clear prelims which were very demotivating. I realized my concepts were clear but I lacked practice.
“Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.”
So after 1 year, I could clear prelims which were of SBI clerk 2019, and I scored a good 88 marks, my confidence started growing thereon.
Exams I appeared from 2018-2019:-
- SBI PO 2018- didn’t clear prelims
- INDIAN BANK PO- didn’t clear prelims
- IBPS PO 2018- didn’t clear prelims
- IBPS CLERK 2018- didn’t clear prelims
- CANARA BANK PO- didn’t clear prelims
- SBI PO 2019- missed prelims by 1.5 marks
- SBI CLERK 2019- missed mains by 3 marks
- RRB PO 2019- gave Interview but couldn’t make it to the final list
- LIC ASST 2019- didn’t clear mains
- IBPS PO 2019- selected in UCO BANK
- IBPS CLERK 2019- selected in BANK OF BARODA
- RBI ASSISTANT- cleared prelims (scored 94), waiting for Mains!
“First and the most important tip for an exam is to have a clear understanding of the exam pattern.”
Coming to the strategy for each section:-
ENGLISH SECTION- I found this section always easy and I could score 25+ in every prelim exam.
But, I would suggest everyone to-
- Learn grammar rules and practice error spotting.
- Read at least one editorial daily and learn the vocab words, then practice framing new sentences.
- Read articles in your free time which are also helpful for passages.
REASONING SECTION:- My most favorite section. I was slow initially but with daily practice, I had a good hold in this section.
- For beginners, try to understand the puzzles first from online classes.
- Solve at least 5-6 puzzles everyday.
- In the prelims exam, never attempt puzzles first.
QUANT SECTION:- This section is all about tricks and your speed.
- Learn tables, squares, and cubes.
- Before you start practicing, understand the concepts first. Because mains
- questions are very tricky and you must have a strong base to solve them.
- Checkout online classes.
- Short tricks are very essential to clear prelims.
- DI is the key to crack mains. Give your time to arithmetic DI and caselet DI.
- Solve at least 3-4 DI daily.
GENERAL AWARENESS SECTION:- This is one scoring section and one must start following current affairs from the very beginning of their preparation.
- Go through daily CA in the morning or afternoon.
- At night attempt the daily Hindu quiz of Adda247.
- Weekly revise your CA.
- A month before the exam start the Power Capsule of Adda247.
Lastly for all these sections, attempt daily quizzes from Adda247, maintain your speed and accuracy. Go through the previous papers, attempt mocks and just PRACTICE, PRACTICE, and PRACTICE.
To reach your goal practice is important and you need a proper Guidance Get help from these materials to reach your destination:-
- Complete IBPS 2020 exams Video Course
- IBPS PO and Clerk Prime 2020 Online Test Series
- IBPS 2020 Complete eBooks Kit (English Medium)
Interview: My interview went well. Questions were mainly from Banking and some Gk questions as well.
Dress simple and light-colored, keep calm, be confident but not overconfident. If you do not know any answer, reply politely that you have no idea about it.
The credit for my achievement goes solely to my parents for their continuous motivation and their sacrifices (telling you they haven’t watched t.v for 2years so that I don’t get diverted from my studies, in fact they kept it packed. Now I feel those sacrifices were worth it because they are the happiest today).
I feel everything an individual does, is the combination of their efforts as well as the support from their families.
To all the aspirants, Keep moving forward. Don’t let anyone bring you down. Only you know your capabilities and if you know you can do it then YOU REALLY CAN DO IT. It might take some time but no one is going to remember that, once you become SUCCESSFUL.
Lastly thank you to Adda247 for providing such valuable content and making our preparation so much easier! Adda247 played a great role in making me what I am today !!
Give a boost to your career in Banking, Prepare for JAIIB Exams-
- JAIIB COMBO (ALL SUBJECTS) | JAIIB 2020 | VIDEO LECTURE & LIVE CLASSES | BILINGUAL
- LRAB 2020 | JAIIB 2020 | BILINGUAL | ONLINE LIVE CLASSES
Team Bankersadda Congratulates all Achievers!! Your hard work has finally paid off and now its time to share your success with the world. Send your success story with a success selfie to email@example.com
WhatsApp your Result to Us – 8750044828
Check updates related to notification, vacancies, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus and more related to upcoming bank and insurance exams 2020:
|SBI PO 2020||IBPS PO 2020||SBI Clerk 2020||IBPS Clerk 2020|
|RBI Grade B 2020||RBI Assistant 2020||LIC AAO & AE||SEBI Grade A 2020|