Ebola outbreak in Congo: The whole world is already going through a deadly pandemic and recently the news of a new Ebola outbreak in the northwest Democratic Republic of Congo was surfacing. This is a rough time that the whole world is going through and this measle outbreak along with COVID 19 and measles outbreak, is again a new challenge that is laid in front of Congo. As per the “The Health Ministry of Congo” 6 cases detected of Ebola out of which already 4 patients have died. This is 11th Ebola outbreak in the country since, 1976. The last Ebola outbreak that took place was in July 2018.
|J&K Bank Recruitment Apply Online 2020: 1850 Bank PO and Bank Associate Posts||Upcoming Bank Exams 2020: Bank Exam Dates and Detailed Bank Syllabus||SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Study Plan||SBI PO 2020|
What is Ebola?
Ebola is a virus attack that is deadly in nature. It is highly contagious in nature and it causes body aches, fever, and diarrhea in the initial stage followed by bleeding. The bleeding can take place inside as well as outside of the body.
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims etc.
Additionally you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 6 Months
- 1 Month
- 3 Months
Mainly the virus attacks the immune system of the body and destroys it. This finishes the capability of blood clotting and hence immense bleeding takes place that leads to severe conditions or even the death of the person.
Cause of Ebola Outbreak
When the Ebola outbreak happened in 2018, scientists tried to find out the exact cause of it but it was not known. But as per the information that was gathered, the experts said that the Ebola virus or also known as EVD is an animal-borne disease mainly from the bats. The disease soon got transmitted from the animals to humans.
It is not yet sure whether insects such as mosquitoes can become the carrier of the virus or not. If once a person is infected with the virus, the virus can get transmitted to those humans too, whoever comes in contact with the infected person.
|MSME Full Form – MSME New Definition, MSME Loan Eligibility, MSME Types||SEBI Grade A Officer Vs. RBI Grade B Officer- Detailed Comparison||List of Important Days in June 2020||What is ANTIFA and Why Trump wants to ban it?|
Symptoms of Ebola
The symptoms of Ebola take as much as 8 to 10 days to show up. But also in many other cases, it may take as much as 2 days to 21 days to show up the symptoms. Some of the initial symptoms of the disease are:
- Headache, Joint pains, muscle ache, pain in the abdomen
- Fatigue and extreme weakness
- Gastrointestinal problems such as nausea followed by vomiting and also diarrhea
- After a few days, the patient will start experiencing bruising due to internal bleeding or also at times unexplained external bleeding.
Apart from these common initial symptoms, experts also mention that there can be also some other symptoms such as
- Red eyes
- Rashes on the skin
- Regular hiccups in later stage
As many of the initial symptoms are similar to various other diseases such as malaria, typhoid fever, influenza, and even recently COVID 19, it is required for the patient to go for a test to get the actual result when such symptoms arise.
Ebola Treatment and Prevention
The treatment for the confirmed Ebola patients takes place by the use of antiviral drugs REGN-EB3 and mAb114. These drugs were used to treat patients during the Ebola outbreak in the year 2018. The drugs work by stopping the virus from making any further copies of itself in the patient’s body. Along with the drugs, other treatment steps that should be followed are:
- Providing electrolytes and nutritional fluids through the veins
- Providing oxygen therapy
- Treating other infections and also the problems of diarrhea, high blood pressure, pain, and fever
Ebola is a rare disease found in other parts of the world. In case, if you are traveling to an Ebola-infected place such as Congo, you should get vaccinated with rVSV-ZEBOV for prevention measures. There are also other preventative measures that people should take care of such as:
- Not coming in contact with the person who is ill
- Not coming in contact with the items that were in touch with the infected person
- Avoiding places such as burial and funeral grounds
- Staying away from regions of raw meat and bats
Check updates related to notification, vacancies, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus and more related to upcoming bank and insurance exams 2020:
|SBI PO 2020||IBPS PO 2020||SBI Clerk 2020||IBPS Clerk 2020|
|RBI Grade B 2020||RBI Assistant 2020||LIC AAO & AE||SEBI Grade A 2020|