The Hindu Editorial Article of 24 August 2020- Women, Uninterrupted
1. Ramifications (noun) फैलाव: Accidental Consequences complicating things
- Meaning: Infatuation or Consequences
- Synonyms: Complications
- Example: There must be rampifications for what they have done to our nation
2. Crippled (adjective) अपंग: Anything not working properly the way it should
- Meaning: Disabled
- Synonym: Gimpy, Halting, Lame
- Example: For a world crippled by COVID-19, salvation hinges on a vaccine
3. Unintended (adjective) अनायास ही: Something done without planning or you did not meant to do that.
- Meaning: Not planned or not meant
- Synonym: Accidental, inadvertent
- Example: Some victims were unintended targets of gunfire on the streets.
4. Dire (adjective) भयानक: Situation or event causing extreme fear and danger
- Meaning: Dreadful, Terrible
- Synonym: Desperate, Critical
- Example: The teams most dire needs are on the defensive end.
5. Projections (noun) प्रक्षेपण: Estimate the future scenario based on current trends
- Meaning: Prediction, Forecast
- Synonym: Forcing out, Ejection, Protrusion
- Example: His father have an optimistic projection for him as a certainty
6. Disruptions (noun) विच्छेद: Problems that interupts any activity or event
- Meaning: Collapse, Tension, Crudity
- Synonym: Break, Gap, Interruption
- Example: In the past, his concern about the climate disruption was discussed by various leaders.
7. Hampered (verb) बाधा डालना: Preventing any progress to happen
- Meaning: Hindered
- Synonyms: Obstructed, Inhibited, Impeded
- Example: The companies tasks got hampered due to the COVID-19 pandemic
8. Pertinent (adjective) उचित: Something relevant or to the point
- Meaning: Affecting, Comprehensive
- Synonyms: Apt, Relevant, Appropriate
- Example: Most of the students took interest in what Shalini was saying and asked her pertinent questions too.
9. Intense (adjective) तीव्र: Strong or extreme
- Meaning: Vivid, Acute
- Synonyms: Enormous, Extreme
- Example: A hot cup of coffee spilled accidently will give an intense pain
10. Bolster (verb) आधार: Offering support to anyone
- Meaning: Strengthen, Support
- Synonyms: Reinforce, Fortify
- Example: To bolstered the resilience of the public, lawmakers said a quicker intelligence community is required
11. Dealt (verb) निपटा: Something given out in portions
- Meaning: Distributed, Shared
- Synonyms: Apportioned, Pareceled
- Example: Some harsh lessons are being dealt out to two teenagers at the same moment
12. Uninterrupted (adjective) निरंतर: Undisturbed continuity of an event
- Meaning: Continuous, Undisturbed
- Synonyms: Constant, Unbroken, Continual
- Example: The work of the National Security Council continues uninterrupted
13. Telemedicine (noun) सुदूर: Diagnosing and treating patients via telecommunication technology.
- Meaning: Exchanging of medical information through tele communications.
- Synonyms: Tele-health, e-health, Tele-medical
- Example: During COVID-19 telemedicine had been a great help in treatment procedures.
14. Prioritize (verb) प्राथमिकता: Ranking on the basis of importance
- Meaning: Listing things on priority basis
- Synonyms: Categorize, Arrange
- Example: The age has been an affecting the way people prioritize their goals
|The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary- A Better Test| 18 August||The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary- Need for Transparency | 20 August||The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary- Less Taxing | 21 August||The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary- Last Lap | 22 August|