Table of Contents
19th November Daily Current Affairs 2022 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 19th November 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Daily Current Affairs of the 19th November 2022 covering the following news headlines: World Toilet Day, Vikram-S Rocket, 47th ICQCC-2022, MALABAR 22, ‘Amar Sarkar’ portal, Greenfield Airport Donyi Polo Airport.
Top 20 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News
Here is providing below the top 20 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. PM Modi to Inaugurate Arunachal’s first Greenfield Airport Donyi Polo Airport
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first Greenfield airport in Arunachal Pradesh — the Donyi Polo Airport at Itanagar — and dedicated the 600 MW Kameng Hydro Power Station to the nation. Northeast India will now have 16 airports.
- The name of the airport reflects the traditions and rich cultural heritage of Arunachal Pradesh and the age-old indigenous reverence to the Sun (‘Donyi’) and the Moon (‘Polo’) in the state.
- The foundation stone for this airport was laid by the PM in 2019. The airport, which has been developed in an area of over 690 acres, at the cost of more than Rs 640 crore is expected to play a major role in improving connectivity and will also contribute to the growth of trade and tourism in the region, said Dilip Sajnani, Director, Airport Authority of India.
- The airport has a 2300 m runway and is well suited for all weather day operations. The airport terminal is a modern building, which promotes energy efficiency, renewable energy and the recycling of resources.
2. Bandaru Wilsonbabu named as the Ambassador of India to Comoros
- Indian Foreign Service (2004), Shri Bandaru Wilsonbabu, presently Ambassador of India to the Republic of Madagascar, has been concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Union of the Comoros, with residence in Antananarivo. He is expected to take up the assignment shortly. The Comoros is an independent country made up of 3 islands in southeastern Africa.
- The Comoros is a volcanic archipelago off Africa’s east coast, in the warm Indian Ocean waters of the Mozambique Channel. The nation state’s largest island, Grande Comore (Ngazidja) is ringed by beaches and old lava from active Mt. Karthala volcano. Around the port and medina in the capital, Moroni, are carved doors and a white colonnaded mosque, the Ancienne Mosquée du Vendredi, recalling the islands’ Arab heritage.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Comoros Capital: Moroni;
- Comoros President: Azali Assoumani;
- ComorosCurrency: Comorian franc;
- Comoros Population: 8.88 lakhs (2021) World Bank;
- Comoros Continent: Africa;
- Comoros Official languages: Comorian, French, Arabic.
3. Russia and Ukraine Agree to Further Extend the Black Sea Grain Deal
- Russia and Ukraine have agreed to extend a UN-brokered grain export deal for another 120 days, officials announced. World leaders praised the breakthrough for helping “avoid global food shortages” at a crucial time.
- Ukrainian Infrastructure Minister Oleksandr Kubrakov said that the Black Sea grain deal between Ukraine and Russia will be extended for another 120 days. He said continuing the grain export agreement brokered by Turkey with the UN was “another important step in the global fight against the food crisis.”
- Russia’s Foreign Ministry also confirmed that the deal would be extended “without changes in terms of scope” to the current agreement.
4. CEC Shri Rajiv Kumar Invited as International Observer for Elections in Nepal
- Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar has been invited by the Election Commission of Nepal as an international observer for the forthcoming elections to Nepal’s House of Representatives and Provincial Assembly, the Election Commission said.
- Rajiv Kumar will be leading a delegation of ECI officials as State guest in Nepal from 18 November to 22 November, 2022, the poll panel said. During his visit Kumar would be visiting Polling stations at Kathmandu and areas around.
- ECI also has a similar International Election Visitors Program where members from other Election Management Bodies are invited to experience firsthand our General and Assembly Elections held periodically.
5. Tripura CM Dr Manik Saha launched ‘Amar Sarkar’ portal
- Tripura chief minister Dr Manik Saha his government is working to ensure all central and state-sponsored schemes reach every doorstep and launched a new portal, ‘Amar Sarkar’, to act as a bridge between the people and the government. A total of 78 departments, including the panchayat department, has been included in the webportal.
- The portal will help people to register their problems and complaints through village committee officials. It is worthy to mention here that various problems and complaints of the people will be registered through the village and village committee level workers in this URL https://amarsarkar.tripura.gov.in/.
- Earlier in September, the state government had launched the ‘Har Ghar Sushasan’ initiative to mark the birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The three-month-long initiative, which will end in November, was initiated to ensure door-step delivery of major central and state government-run schemes in a mission mode. The initiative also urged the rural and urban local bodies to undertake developmental works.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Tripura Capital: Agartala;
- Tripura Chief Minister: Manik Sarkar;
- Tripura Governor: Satyadeo Narain Arya.
6. India’s first elephant death audit framework introduced by Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu’s Forest Department has introduced an elephant death audit framework to put in place a more detailed and transparent process for recording and monitoring elephant deaths in the State.
- Presently, identifying the cause of mortality in the field remains critical for many questions related to population and conservation of elephants. The framework will improve transparency, assist all stakeholders in assessing the results and ultimately facilitate standardisation and more credible comparisons of cause of mortality.
- The broad objectives of Elephant Death Audit Framework (EDAF), the first-of-its-kind initiative in the country, are threefold, said Supriya Sahu, Additional Chief Secretary, Environment, Climate Change and Forests.
- According to media reports, out of the 131 elephant deaths recorded in Tamil Nadu’s forest divisions between January 1, 2021 and March 15, 2022, only 13 were human-induced. Out of the rest, 118 were due to natural causes; six because of electrocution; four due to train hits; one due to road accident and two because of retaliatory kills.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Tamil Nadu Capital: Chennai;
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister: M K Stalin;
- Tamil Nadu Governor: R N Ravi.
7. Manipur Tops the Medal Tally in the Northeast Olympic Games
- Manipur gets the top position in the Northeast Olympic Games for the second consecutive time with 237 medals, including 85 gold, as the second edition of the regional multi-sport event.
- Manipur also won 76 silver and 77 bronze while Assam was a close second with 201 medals including 81 gold, 60 silver, and 60 bronzes in the event competed among the eight states of the country’s northeast region from November 10.
- Arunachal Pradesh ended in third place and the host state Meghalaya was fourth with 149 medals (36 gold, 35 silver, 78 bronze), a much better show than their sixth-place finish with 39 medals in the first edition.
8. National Museum and Kolding Museum signs Memorandum of Understanding
- Museum Kolding and the National Museum in New Delhi will open the joint exhibition “Silver treasures from Denmark and India” at the beginning of March 2023. An MoU of the exhibition was signed and exchanged between the National Museum, New Delhi, India, and the Museum Kolding, Kolding, in New Delhi.
- The exhibition will showcase the finest of the silver collection from the Museum Kolding and the National Museum in New Delhi in March 2023.
- The collaboration and exhibition are under the recently agreed cultural exchange program between India and Denmark for the years 2022 to 2026.
- The exhibition “Silver treasures from Denmark and India” is focused on Danish and Indian Silver artifacts where both museums will show the best silver objects from their collections.
9. Govt Raises Maximum Tenure of PSU Banks’ CEO to 10 Years
- Government has decided to provide longer tenure to Managing Director and other whole-time directors of the public sector banks. Now the appointment can be made initially for up to 5 years, which can be extended for the 5 more years.
- The amendment would be called Nationalised Banks (Management and Miscellaneous Provisions) Amendment Scheme, 2022.
- Earlier, the MD or executive director of a public sector undertaking (PSU) bank was eligible for a maximum tenure of 5 years or 60 years whichever was earlier. This is also applicable for whole-time directors of all Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs). Now, The term for the appointment has been extended to 10 years, from the earlier 5 years, subject to superannuation age of 60 years, as per government notification of 17 November.
10. Federal Bank Ties up with JCB India to Finance Heavy Equipment Buyers
- Federal Bank announced that it has partnered with JCB India to expand its loan portfolio and fund potential buyers of heavy construction equipment. The private sector lender said it has inked a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with JCB India, a leading manufacturer of earthmoving and construction equipment.
- Under the arrangement, Federal Bank is the preferred finance partner of the construction equipment manufacturer, where JCB’s customers can avail loans from the lender at competitive interest rates.
11. India Fastest Growing Market for Microsoft Owned LinkedIn
- India has become LinkedIn’s fastest-growing market as more companies and advertisers come online, with sales in the country rising at a 50% year-on-year clip. LinkedIn is a “The Microsoft” owned business networking service company.
- In 2021, several individuals had their profiles blocked or posts removed from the China version of LinkedIn since May as the nation’s domestic internet firm crackdown gained steam. LinkedIn accepted Chinese censorship when it entered China in 2014. Shortly after, LinkedIn announced pausing new member sign-ups as the platform to ensure local law compliance.
12. INS Trikand participated in ‘Sea Sword 2’ counter-terrorism drill
- INS Trikand has participated in the Combined Maritime Forces led Operation “Sea Sword 2” in the Northwest Arabian Sea. The operation was held to prevent narcotics trade & stop smuggling entities from using the seas for their nefarious activities. Earlier, the 26th edition of the multinational maritime exercise “MALABAR 22” culminated in Japan on November 15th.
- This edition also marked the 30th anniversary of the exercise and was hosted by the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF). This effort is part of the Indian Navy’s commitment to ensuring the safety of the seas and collective security in the region as espoused by the SAGAR vision of the Honourable Prime Minister of India.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- 25th Navy Chief: Admiral R. Hari Kumar;
- Indian Navy Founded: 26 January 1950;
- Indian Navy New Delhi.
13. Army Chief General Manoj Pandey received guard of honour at Paris
- Army Chief General Manoj Pande received a Guard of Honour at the Les Invalides in Paris on 17 November, 2022. He is on a four-day visit to France.
- General Manoj Pande during his visit held talks with his French counterpart General Pierre Schille and discussed issues of mutual interest during his visit to the European country.
- The Chief of Army Staff is on a visit to France from 14 to 17 November 2022.
- Gen Pande left for France on November 14 on a four-day visit with an aim to further strengthen the “bond of trust” between the Indian and French armies.
- General Pande held extensive talks with the top military brass of France including the Chief of the Defence Staff, the Chief of the Army Staff and the Commander of the Land Combat Forces.
- The ceremony was part of the unique tradition between the two Armies.
- General Pande is on a four-day official visit to Nepal from 5th to 8th of this month. This is his first visit to Nepal as Chief of Army Staff.
- General Manoj Pande also handed over non-lethal military aids including Artillery Equipment, Mine Protected Vehicles, Medical Stores and Horses to Nepal Army, with the aim to enhance the Military Cooperation between the two Armies.
14. Indian Army Registered IPR for ‘Combat uniform’
- Indian Army registered for Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of the new design and camouflage pattern uniform to establish the ownership. The Controller General of Patents, Designs, and Trademark, Kolkata completed the registration process.
- The new Digital Pattern Combat Uniform for Indian Army soldiers was unveiled on 15 January 2022 which was also Army Day.
- The improved uniform has a contemporary look and functional design. The fabric has been made lighter, stronger, breathable, quick-drying, and easier to maintain.
- The uniform’s uniqueness is evident with the inclusion of gender-specific modifications for women’s combat uniforms.
15. NTPC team won Gold award at 47th ICQCC-2022
- NTPC’s QC Team from Unchahar ABHYUDAYA has won the “GOLD” award in the 47th International Convention on Quality Control Circle (ICQCC-2022). The convention is being held from 15th-18th November in Jakarta.
- The theme for ICQCC-2022 was “Built Back Better through Quality Efforts”. NTPC QC Team presented on “Frequent Choking of Collecting tanks of AHP-IV”. Shri Reyaz Ahamad (Facilitator), Shri Mahesh Chandra, Shri Virendra Kumar Yadav and Shri Laxmi Kant worked relentlessly towards providing unique, pragmatic, and quality solutions to the problem at hand.
16. India won Excellence in Family Planning Leadership (EXCELL) Award
- India became the only country to receive the Leadership in Family Planning (EXCELL) Awards 2022 in the ‘country category’ at the International Conference on Family Planning held in Thailand. India’s efforts in improving family planning demonstrate the progress the country has been making toward achieving the SDG targets on women and maternal health.
- The award recognizes and applauds India’s achievements in ensuring increased access.
- The adoption of modern contraceptive methods and significantly reducing the unmet needs for family planning..
- India has been making progress in improving access as well as in the adoption of modern contraceptive methods enabling couples to make informed choices about family planning.
- The overall Contraceptive Prevalence Rate has increased substantially from 54 percent to 67 percent in the country.
Science and Technology News
17. Vikram-S Rocket Launched By ISRO, India’s First Privately Developed Rocket
- Vikram-S Rocket, India’s first privately developed rocket launched from the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) at the Sriharikota launchpad. The launch of Vikram-S Rocket by ISRO is a historic moment.
- The Vikram-S Rocket is developed by Hyderabad-based start-up Skyroot Aerospace Private Limited, and it is a 6-meter gall and hits a peak altitude of 89.5 kilometers. After five minutes of launch, the Vikram-S Rocket splashed into the Bay of Bengal. The mission was titled Prarambh.
- The Vikram-S Rocket is a single-stage solid fuelled, sub-orbital rocket developed over two years by incorporating advanced technologies that include carbon composite structures and 3D printer components.
18. Carlos Alcaraz becomes the youngest world No. 1 ATP Player
- Spaniard Carlos Alcaraz has become the youngest year-end ATP World Number 1, making him the first teenager to achieve this feat. Alcaraz has shown an incredible rise in the world of tennis this year.
- He soared from number 32 to the top of this sport’s mountain on September 12, which is also the biggest jump to number one in 50 editions of year-end ATP rankings.
19. World Toilet Day 2022 observed on 19 November
- The United Nations observes World Toilet Day on November 19 annually. The main aim is to raise public awareness of broader sanitation systems such as wastewater treatment, stormwater management, and hand washing.
- The 2022 campaign ‘Making the invisible visible’ explores how inadequate sanitation systems spread human waste into rivers, lakes and soil, polluting underground water resources. The 2022 theme is ‘Making the Invisible Visible’ and explores how inadequate sanitation systems spread human waste into rivers, lakes and soil, polluting underground water resources.
- It was on this day in 2001 when Jack Sim, a philanthropist from Singapore founded the World Toilet Organization and declared the day as World Toilet Day. The efforts to draw attention to the sanitation crises were given focus by the UN in 2010 when they officially recognised the right to water and sanitation as human rights.
20. Cambridge Dictionary announced ‘Homer’ as Word of the Year 2022
- The Cambridge Dictionary has revealed its word of the year for 2022 as “homer”, saying that it was inspired by the global word game sensation, Wordle. The word ”homer” was searched for nearly 75,000 times during the first week of May 2022, when it was an answer in the word game Wordle.
- In the context of the game, ”homer” doesn’t refer to the Greek poet and author, or a character from Simpson, but refers to an informal American English word for a ‘home run’ in baseball. Cambridge Dictionary also saw other five-letter words surging in search in 2022 due to the “Wordle effect”.
- The American spelling of “humor” caused the second-highest spike in 2022, followed by ”caulk”, ”tacit, and ”bayou”, the third, fourth, and fifth place respectively. Cambridge said that the decision to choose this word was influenced by the famous game ‘Wordle’.
19th November | Current Affairs 2022 | Current Affairs Today | Current Affairs by Ashish Gautam
All the Best BA’ians for the Bank exam!