Arithmetic Word Questions- This is one of the most important topic and usually it carries a lot of marks. In IBPS RRB 2020 exam, one can easily expect 10-15 questions from the various arithmetic questions. Arithmetic topics mainly involves Time & Work, Simple Interest and Compund Interest, Profit & loss etc. Questions based on these topics and some more can be asked in the exam. These topics are examiners favorite topics to play with. The concept of any of the Arithmetic topic can be asked in the form of Caselet or DI thus the importance of this section increases more. In this space we will be giving you all the important formulas related to each and every topic of Arithmetic and along with the we will also be providing you the free PDF to download and practice what you have learned here. Make sure that you go through the formulas before attempting the questions from the PDF to get the maximum benefits.
Arithmetic Word Questions For IBPS RRB Exam 2020
Given below are some of the important formulas of the important topics from Arithmetic. Make sure you read them well and then practice them from the PDF given at the end of this article:
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 3 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 3 Months
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 24 Months
- 1 Month
- 12 Months
- 3 Months
Time and Work
- If P can do a piece of work in n days, work done by P in day
- If B does work in a day, B can finish the work in days.
- If in the question, men can do work in days working hours per day and men can do work in days working hours per day, then
- If P takes days and Q takes days, P and Q together can finish it in days.
- If P is thrice as good as Q in work, then
- ratio of work done by P and Q
- ratio of time taken to finish a work by P and Q
|IBPS RRB Vacancy 2020: 10000+ Vacancies for RRB PO and Clerk Post||Detailed IBPS RRB PO Syllabus 2020- Click Here||Detailed IBPS RRB Clerk Syllabus 2020- Click Here||Check Here IBPS RRB Salary Structure for Office Assistant and Officers Scale-I|
Simple Interest & Compund Interest
- If Principal is P, Rate is R% per annum, Time is n years.
- If we are asked to Compound the Interest annually
Amount = P 1 + R n 100
- If we are asked to Compound the Interest Half-yearly:
Amount = P 1 + (R/2) 2n 100
- If we are asked to Compound the Interest Quarterly:
Amount = P 1 + (R/4) 4n 100
If we are asked to Compound the Interest annually but time is in fraction, say 3 years.
Amount = P 1 + R 3 x 1 + R 100 100
- If we are given rates for years, say R1%, R2%, R3% for 1st, 2nd and 3rd year respectively.
Then, Amount = P 1 + R1 1 + R2 1 + R3 . 100 100 100
- Present worth of Rs. x due n years hence is given by:
Present Worth = x 1 + R n 100
Profit & Loss
- Profit = (S.P.) – (C.P.)
- Loss = (C.P.) – (S.P.)
- Loss or Profit is always calculated on C.P.
- Profit Percentage: (Profit %)
Profit % = Profit x 100 C.P.
- Loss Percentage: (Loss %)
Loss % = Loss x 100 C.P.
- Selling Price: (S.P.)
SP = (100 + Gain %) x C.P 100
- Selling Price: (S.P.)
SP = (100 – Loss %) x C.P. 100
- Cost Price: (C.P.)
C.P. = 100 x S.P. (100 + Gain %)
- Cost Price: (C.P.)
C.P. = 100 x S.P. (100 – Loss %)
Time, Speed & Distance
- Formulas to find Speed, Time and Distance:
Speed = Distance , Time = Distance , Distance = (Speed x Time). Time Speed
- Formula to convert km/hr to m/sec:
x km/hr = x x 5 m/sec. 18
- Formula to convert m/sec to km/hr:
x m/sec = x x 18 km/hr. 5
If in the question, the ratio of the speeds of A and B is a : b, then the ratio of the
the times taken by then to cover the same distance is 1 : 1 or b : a. a b
If in the question, it is given that a boy covers a certain distance at x km/hr and an equal distance at y km/hr. Then,
the average speed during the whole journey is 2xy km/hr. x + y
Mixture and Alligation
- If in the question, two ingredients are mixed, then
Quantity of cheaper = C.P. of dearer – Mean Price Quantity of dearer Mean price – C.P. of cheaper
It is represented as:
C.P. of a unit quantity
of cheaperC.P. of a unit quantity
(c) Mean Price
(d) (d – m) (m – c)
(Cheaper quantity) : (Dearer quantity) = (d – m) : (m – c).
If in the question, a container contains x of liquid from which y units are taken out and replaced by water. we use the given below formula:
After n operations, the quantity of pure liquid = x 1 – y n units. x
Given above are some of the important formulas that one must know to ace this section and now that you know them it’s time to practice them with the help of a free PDF given below.
- TARGET IBPS RRB PO/CLERK PRELIMS 2020 Online Live Batch
- Get IBPS RRB PO and Clerk Prime 2020 Online Test Series- Click Here