“Bhavishya Software” will help in the integration of electronic Pension Payment Order (e-PPO) generated through PFMS application of CGA (Controller General of Accounts), with Digi Locker. The Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW) has given its approval for the integration and it will enhance Ease of Living of Central Government Civil Pensioners. This facility would be set up with the help of “Bhavishya Software”.
- NPCI’s Omni-Channel Loyalty Platform: “nth Rewards”
- Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network: Strengthening Immunization Supply Chain Systems
- State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020 (SOFI)
- Consumer Protection Act, 2019 Has Come Into Force
- Zoram Mega Food Park: 1st Mega Food Park operationalized in the State of Mizoram
- India ranked 57th in Digital Quality of Life Index 2020
Need of integration of e-PPO with Digi Locker:
Over the years, the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare was receiving the complaints from the pensioners of misplacing their original copies of the Pension Payment Order (PPO), which is a very important original document. Due to the absence of PPO, pensioners were required to face various problems at various stages of their retired life. The COVID-19 pandemic has added to the above problem, as it has become a dilemma for newly retiring officials to physically receive hard copies of the PPO.
Citing the above reasons, the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW) has took a decision to integrate the electronic Pension Payment Order (e-PPO) with Digi Locker. This newly formed system will allow any Pensioner to get an instant print-out of the latest copy of their PPO, from their Digi Locker account.
Process of integration of e-PPO with Digi Locker:
The process of integration of e-PPO with Digi Locker will be executed with the help of “Bhavishya Software”. It is a single window platform to be used by the Pensioners from the start of their Pension processing till the end of the process. It will allow the retiring employee to integrate their Digi-locker account with their “Bhavishya” account and receive their e-PPO in a seamless manner.
Steps required to store e-PPO in the Pensioner’s Digi Locker:
- “Bhavishya” software will offer an option to retiring employees to integrate their Digi-locker account with “Bhavishya” to obtain e-PPO.
- This would be available to the retiree at the time of filling of retirement forms and after the submission of the forms.
- The retiree will be required to sign into their Digi-locker account from Bhavishya and authorize the Bhavishya to PUSH the e-PPO to Digi Locker.
- Just after the issuance of e-PPO, it would be automatically PUSHED into corresponding Digi locker account and the retiree will be updated about the same through SMS and Email by Bhavishya.
- To view or download the e-PPO, the retiree would be required to log into his Digi Locker account and simply click on the link.
“Integration of e-PPO with Digi Locker” initiative will help in setting up of permanent record of their respective PPO in their Digi Locker. It will also result into elimination in delay of the PPO to new Pensioners, as well as the necessity of handing over a physical copy.
You may also like to read:
- Fourth edition of the virtual Ministerial on Climate Action (MoCA)
- Union Cabinet Approves “Agriculture Infrastructure Fund” Scheme
- What is White paper on ‘Focused Interventions for ‘Make in India’: Post COVID 19’?
- India celebrates 5 glorious years Of The Skill India Mission
All the Best BA’ians for RBI Assistant Mains!