The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has released a report titled “GLOBAL REPORT 2019“. It indicates the efforts carried out by UNHCR in year 2019 in order to protect and improve the lives of people of concern—refugees, internally displaced people, stateless persons, returnees, and others of concern. It states that the number of refugees under UNHCR’s responsibility have doubled from 10.4 million to 20.2 million while the internal displacement of people increased by nearly 60% from 27.1 million people to 43.5 million.
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims, etc.
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 8 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
- Environmental Performance Index 2020
- IMF releases “World Economic Outlook”
- GoI reviews extant Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy
- Union Cabinet Approves “Scheme for formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises”
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is an United Nations Refugee Agency. It is a global organization which is engaged into works of saving lives, protecting rights as well as building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and the stateless people. It ensures that everybody has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, after escaping from violence, persecution, war or disaster at home. Established in 1950, UNHCR is headquartered at Geneva, Switzerland and is presently headed by Filippo Grandi who is the 11th United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. UNHCR is present in 130 countries and territories with offices in 507 locations.
The GLOBAL REPORT 2019:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees has released a report titled “GLOBAL REPORT 2019″ which highlights the UNHCR’s achievements in year 2019, as well as challenges confronted by the organization as well its partners, while responding to multiple life-threatening crises and ever-growing displacement and humanitarian needs.
Key findings of the report:
- The report states that the instances of forced displacement will increase exponentially by the end of this decade i.e. 2010-20.
- The report discloses that the number of people of concern to the Office has increased from 36.4 million people in 2009 to over 86.5 million people at the end of 2019.
- The report mentions that the number of refugees under UNHCR’s responsibility have doubled from 10.4 million to 20.2 million, out of which 57% came from three countries namely Syria, South Sudan and Afghanistan.
- It also indicates that the internal displacement of people has increased about 60% from 27.1 million people to 43.5 million.
- According to the report, there were about 4.4 million people who were categorized as “Stateless persons“, while 81,100 formerly stateless individuals acquired a nationality or had their nationality confirmed in 26 countries.
- The report mentions that there were about 43.5 million people who were categorized as “internally displaced people (IDP)” among which majority were in protracted situations characterized by critical protection and humanitarian challenges.
- According to the report, the disasters in year 2019 triggered 24.9 million new displacements which is the highest figure recorded since 2012 and nearly three times the number of displacements caused by conflict and violence. Hence, disasters and environmental degradation have become an increasing contributor to global displacement, either as direct causes or threat multipliers.
You may also like to read:
- Current Affairs one-liners
- Current Affairs & Daily GK Updates 2020
- Download GA Power Capsule for Bank/Insurance Exams
All the Best BA’ians for RBI Assistant Mains!