1. Telecom Commission of India approves Net Neutrality
ii. The decision that aims to ensure open and free Internet in the country was taken at a meeting of the Commission, the highest decision-making body in the Department of Telecommunication in New Delhi.
- Aruna Sundararajan is the chairman of Telecom Commission.
- Manoj Sinha is the Minister of State (I/C) of the Ministry of Communications.
ii. Here are the main events that took place during the visit:
Find The Complete Highlights Here
ii. According to NTPC, this project has been set up mainly on non-agricultural land and generation of electricity has been achieved without affecting the natural eco-system with zero carbon emission at an investment of about Rs 1,500 crore.
iii. This is one of the biggest solar plant developed using domestically manufactured Solar cells and modules under the Make in India initiative.
- Anandiben Patel is the Present Governor of Madhya Pradesh.
ii. Mr Goyal also distributed awards to the Station Beautification competition. Balharshah and Chandrapur railway stations in Maharashtra from the Central Railway were awarded the first prize.
- John Mathai was the first Railways Minister of Independent India.
ii. Ambani’s net worth now stands at $44.3 billion as compared to Jack Ma’s $44 billion wealth, according to Bloomberg. Ambani has added $4 billion to his wealth this year.
ii. The Panel has a total of 20 members, representing a cross-section of expertise from Government, private industry, civil society, academia and the technical community.
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 6 Months
- 1 Month
- 3 Months
ii. The manufacturing sector, which constitutes 77.63% of the index, grew by just 2.8% in May, marginally up from 2.6% in the corresponding period last year. The mining sector output recorded an impressive growth of 5.7% in May as against 0.3% in May 2017.
- Piyush Goyal is the present Finance Minister of India.
ii. It has been done in order to address the concerns arising out of the anonymity and to prevent money laundering. The RBI issued a notification in Mumbai to this effect to the banks. This directive will come into effect from 15th of September 2018.
- Urjit Patel- 24th Governor of RBI, Headquarters- Mumbai, Established on- 1st April 1935, in Kolkata.
ii. The decision was taken in the meetings of the Governing Body and Governing Council of the ICWA. Dr. T.C.A. Raghavan has served as India’s High Commissioner to Islamabad and Singapore and has served in our missions at London, Thimphu and Kuwait.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for SBI PO/Clerk Exam 2018-
- Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) is an Indian think tank founded in 1943.
- It Headquarters in New Delhi.
- Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru (1943-1947) was the first President of ICWA.
ii. Hailing from Assam, Hima finished on top of the podium in the women’s 400m event at the IAAF World U20 Championship in Tampere, Finland, clocking 51.46 seconds. 51.13 seconds is her personal best and is now also the Indian U20 national record.
- Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore is the Minister of State (I/C) of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
ii. Athletes from different sports have been included in TOP Scheme individually but it is first instance that an entire team has been made beneficiary of the financial assistance scheme. Each of the 18 members of the hockey team will now get a monthly allowance of Rs 50,000.
- Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.