Only 10 days are left for the SBI PO Mains Exam. The State Bank of India has scheduled the SBI PO Mains exam for 29 January 2021. Candidates are preparing for this exam with full enthusiasm yet they are dubious about the descriptive writing test which is a part of SBI PO Mains Exam 2021. In this article, we will be discussing how the candidates can score maximum marks in the descriptive writing test and increase their overall marks for SBI PO Mains Exam 2021.
How to prepare for the Descriptive English test for SBI PO Mains Exam 2021?
The descriptive writing test will consist of two questions 50 marks:
- Essay writing
- Letter writing
The descriptive writing test is as important as the objective test. Marks scored in this test will be considered in the overall score of the candidate of SBI PO Mains Exam 2021. That is why the candidates need to score good marks in the descriptive English test with the right preparation strategy. Let us now discuss how the candidates can prepare for the essay writing and letter writing questions:
Tips for Essay writing :
- Start reading editorials, newspapers, articles, magazines, etc. to get an idea of how sentences are framed and to increase your vocabulary. Good vocabulary skills will ensure that the sentences are framed correctly and the paragraph/essay makes ample sense.
- Read novels of different Genres. The topic of the essay can be based on any topic which requires the candidate to have a wider area of thinking. Reading novels of different genres will increase the area of thinking of the candidates which will benefit them in writing essays of any kind.
- While writing the essay the candidates must ensure that the essay is connected from top to bottom. The readers shouldn’t feel that the candidate has left some points on explained. For that, the candidate needs to start each paragraph with the topic sentence that clearly links the paragraph to the rest of the essay.
- Candidates are advised to finish the essay with an interesting or thought-provoking but relevant comment. This will indicate that the candidate is open for discussion which is a positive sign.
- Candidates must avoid making spelling or grammatical mistakes. It will leave a bad impression on the readers.
- At the beginning of the essay, candidates can start with the quotation that is relevant to the essay that is being written.
- Take care of time management. Candidates will be given 30 minutes for both essay and letter writing questions. The candidates need to distribute the time equally.
Tips for Letter Writing :
- Format: One of the most important criteria as with any letter writing is its format. Candidates are advised to get familiar with the formats of each type of letter. Important details like date and address, subject, etc. should be mentioned as per the format of the letter that is asked.
- Greetings or salutation: for the informal letters there are words like ‘dear’ while for the formal letters candidates must use ‘sir’ & ‘mam’.
- Make sure that the letter conveys the exact message that is asked in the question or on which the letter is being written.
- The tone of the letter should follow a pattern of formal or informal – as per the question or type of letter asked.
SBI PO Mains 2021: Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|5.||Descriptive Test||02||50||30 minutes|