| Updated On November 2nd, 2019 at 11:52 am
Quantitative aptitude is considered to be the most tricky and dreaded subject among banking aspirants besides being an ineluctable hitch, this subject can do wonders if practiced well. The level of the Quant section is rising with each day passed. The complexity and difficulty level has demanded the arduous effort to get good damn at it. The practice is the only key to attain perfection at something so as with IBPS PO quant section. It requires firm determination, consistency, and regularity in your preparation. Remember you can not ace in the exam if you do not give the required attention to the Quant section. IBPS PO exam is going to be held on October 2019 and we hope you all have started your preparation seriously. It is the time when you should work on your weak points. Adda247 has always been helpful to the serious aspirants who are willing to get a govt. Job. Today we are discussing How to prepare quant for IBPS PO 2019.
Changes to be introduced in IBPS PO Quant section (Expected)
As you all know IBPS is known to follow the footprints of SBI thus, changes that have been introduced by the SBI in SBI PO can be observed in IBPS PO 2019. A new type of DI was introduced by the SBI in the quant section. You have to go beyond your capability and knowledge to sail through IBPS PO exam. Quant tricks for IBPS PO will help you to grapple more marks in the IBPS PO exam 2019. You need to be very hand on this subject and practice even the hardest question so that you do not feel nervous or puzzled during the exam.
Worry about the Important topics to be covered in IBPS PO prelims exam 2019? Here is the list:
- Data Interpretation
Types of DI to be cover for IBPS PO prelims and IBPS PO Mains 2019
- Pie Charts
- Line Graph
- Bar Graphs
- Radar DI
- Caselet DI
- Missing DI
- Funnel DI(latest from SBI)
Except for DI, other Topics to be covered for IBPS PO Prelims 2019 are:
- Inequality/ Quadratic Equations
- Number Series
- Simplification and Approximation
- Other miscellaneous topics
How to prepare Quantitative Aptitude for IBPS PO Prelims 2019?
This section is not where you can afford to take chances and solve through guessing. As it checks your mathematical ability, you need to excel theoretical part and then go for adapting short tricks. This will increase your accuracy and speed at the same time. A few of the topics covered in this section are proportion, ration, number system, average, percentage, simplification, data interpretation, etc. keep practicing daily to enhance your ability with every passing day.
How to Improve Your calculation/speed for IBPS PO Exam 2019?
- First and foremost thing is to quit the use of the calculator. It will make you habitual of using it and your speed to tackle with the questions will be restricted.
- Play with numbers. Try to find the square, division, sum and multiplication of the numbers written on the car plate. This will help you increase your speed.
- Practice quiz on simplification and approximation to ace your speed. You will find a number of quizzes on Adda247 app.
- Make mind calculations. Try not to use paper and pen. This will save you time during the exam.
- You can also check the quant hacks for IBPS PO to increase your speed and calculation for the upcoming banking exams.
- Practice as much as you can with the Adda247 daily chapter-wise quiz and miscellaneous quiz provided on Adda247 app and bankersadda.
How to Prepare Quant Section for IBPS PO – A beginners guide
Those who are willing to prepare for IBPS PO for the first time must be feeling puzzled how and from where they can start their preparations. Quant could be the most difficult task for them to begin with. Here are some simple tips to prepare quant for IBPS PO 2019.
- Prepare a time table for IBPS PO So that you will have an idea on how to start your preparation for IBPS PO.
- Prioritize your topics for IBPS PO prelims, to avoid a hassle in starting off the chapters.
- Arrange all the study material for IBPS PO quant, you can also refer the best book for quant for IBPS PO i.e Ace quant by Adda247.
- Start with the basics. Do not go for the short tricks in the starting. This will only puzzle you. Once you get familiar with the basics of all the chapters to be prepared try short tricks.
- Learn all the formulas and important tricks and how to compute them in a question is a major task.
- Prepare notes of the important topics or chapters that you will need at the end while revising the whole syllabus.
- After revising the chapters, Practice miscellaneous exercise. This will help you analyze your capability to tackle a question in a mixed form.
- Take the mock test for IBPS PO. Section-wise mock test is the best way to analyze your performance and this will highlight your weak points and you can work on them to improve.
- Always learn from your mistakes. Do not repeat the same in the exam. Work on them and make a new start.
Tips to prepare quant for IBPS PO- For Experienced Aspirants
- If you are already an aspirant and preparing for the past few months/years, you must be well versed with the pattern, types of question and the difficulty level of IBPS PO exam.
- You should analyze where you are lacking. If your speed is not good. work on it. The practice is the only key. Practice as much as you can until you achieve the satisfaction that now you are ready to appear for the IBPS PO exam.
- Learn from past mistakes. Work on them and do not repeat them again in the future.
- Work on your weak points. Improve on them and work with fuller efficiency.
- Take the mock test for IBPS PO. This will help you analyze where you stand and if you need more practice than you have done.
- Work on your time management, speed, and accuracy. These are the most important things for the banking exams.
So students start preparing for quant for IBPS PO and ace your marks in the IBPS PO exam. Do not leave any topic untouched. Everything is important from exam point of view. Keep practicing. Work Hard. All The Best!
Check the short tricks on Boat and Stream for IBPS PO exam