Reserve Bank of India has released its application for 322 vacancies. All the students who are eligible for appearing and filling the examination form, are advised to start preparing themselves for the phase 1 examination. All the students are advised to make a proper study plan and execute the plan accordingly.
Today in this article we will discuss the strategy on how to prepare for the RBI Grade b 2021 subject-wise. Before jumping to the strategy tips, let us check the exam pattern of the examination.
RBI Grade B 2021 exam pattern: Phase 1
|S. No||Sections / Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||General Awareness||80||80||Composite time of 2 hours|
RBI Grade B 2021: Subject Wise Preparation Strategy
Starting with the reasoning section, to prepare for the reasoning section, candidates must be well aware of the topics and the weightage which will be asked in the examination. The reasoning is said to be quite tricky but at the same time, it might be a scoring subject if a person gets a good command in the subject. Make the study plan and divide the topic according to the preparation strategy.
- In the reasoning section, the puzzle is said to be the most important section, so all the aspirants who are preparing for the reasoning section of RBI grade B examination 2021 should have a good command of the same. This can be done through practice, so start from the initial stage and do the daily practice of the puzzle as much as you can.
- The second topic is of syllogisms, to practice the questions related to syllogisms is Venn diagram, the questions asked from this topic is direct based questions which have multiple statement and conclusion. With the help of the diagram, aspirants can do the questions by forming simple relations between different statements. This type of question can gain you good marks and accuracy can be 100% if you practice these questions well.
- The third important topic is a Blood relation, this can as well help you in gaining good marks, to solve the question of blood relation, you have to figure out the type of question-based on a single person, coded blood relation or whether I am a mixed-blood relation Practice the question related on all the types, and it will increase the chances of 100% accuracy.
- In Sitting arrangement and direction type of question can be based on bidirectional and unidirectional problems on the linear and circular sitting arrangement, for this try to get the initial arrangement correct and the remaining thing will fall in their place, so practice more and more such type of questions, otherwise, an aspirant might end up wasting time, which will result in scoring fewer marks.
- Questions from coding-decoding, distance, and directions, verbal reasoning, and inequalities can be answered easily, however, aspirants are advised to practice these questions as well regularly. Practice more and more of this section, as it will help in increasing the speed with accuracy. Start by clearing all the concepts, and once you are crystal clear with them, try to practice the new pattern question and give the sectional tests and free quizzes that are available on our adda247 app.
English section is said to be a quite good scoring one. To qualify and score well in the English section, focus on Reading Comprehension, Cloze passage, Para jumbles and fill in the blanks. Give at least 1 hour to the English section, and give 2-3 sectional test of English language daily.
Below are the detailed topic wise preparation tips for the English section:
- Reading Comprehension: Starting with the reading comprehension section, questions that are asked in this section are generally easy to moderate difficulty level. Questions in this section are as well asked from Vocabulary, so your vocab part should also be strong for attempting the question in this section. For this section preparation, read the newspaper daily as it will improve your reading ability with the vocabulary part as well.
- The second topic after reading comprehension comes of cloze test to prepare for this section, practice is very much needed, and to attempt the question of this section, read the complete sentence and chose the option which matches the sentence and your predictions.
- The third important topic is para jumbles and sentence rearrangement, this part can be tricky, but at the same time, it will give you 100% accuracy, so practice more and more questions of this part and attempt the question carefully.
- The last part is of Grammar questions which include the error spotting and fill in the blanks question, for this topic learn all the rules of grammar, and make a short note for the same which can help you at the last time revision, after learning and clearing the rules of the grammar try to practice the questions based on error spotting.
To prepare the general awareness section, it can be done in two parts: the first one is of the current affairs section and secondly the static part.
To prepare the current affairs section, prepare the current affairs which are related to National as well as International current affairs, the person in news, economy current affairs, an important organization such as RBI, SEBI, Business news which is related to mergers and buyouts, RBI monetary review, and schemes launched by governments related to banking and finance.
To prepare the static part, prepare topics which are related to the history of banking, organizations such as NABARD, Planning commission, 5-year plan, world bank, RBI role in Indian banking system, headquarters of the bank, etc., prepare the static portion well, and make the short notes while studying the same, as it will help you in revising the topics at the last moment.
For preparing the Quantitative aptitude section, the aspirant must be very clear with the concepts, as this will help you in doing the question more easily.
Some of the important topics for Quantitative Aptitude are:
Time and Work
Compound/ Simple Interest
Time, Distance, and Speed
Stocks and Shares
Permutation and Combination
- Starting with the Data Interpretation topic, directly 8-10 questions are based on D.I. The questions are based on the bar graph and pie charts. Practice various types of DI questions that will improve your accuracy and speed.
- Secondly, the number series contains a good weightage, from this topic as well, directly 4-5 questions are asked, so practice as many questions as you can which will help you in attempting questions in exam with good speed and accuracy.
- Topics of arithmetic such as Interest, Percentage, profit, and loss, etc, are easy to prepare and if you have good command in these topics, you will require less time in attempting the questions related to the arithmetic portion.
Quantitative Aptitude is well said to be a tricky section, the only way to score good marks in this section is to practice, give the sectional mock tests, and go through the question which you have attempted wrong and attempt the question from the previous year papers which will help you in identifying the difficulty level and the pattern of the question asked previous year. Hence do more practice to score good marks on the paper.
These were the preparation strategy and some tips which will help you in preparing for RBI Grade B examinations 2021. The practice is the only key to attempt maximum questions with maximum marks. Give the mock tests which are strictly designed by our experts for the RBI Grade B examination.
Keep practicing with the adda247 app!!