How to Prepare for IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk Exam? IBPS PO is almost here and the application process for IBPS Clerk will also end today. It is advisable that you start preparing for both these exams as they provide a great opportunity to banking candidates to fulfil their dream of becoming a banker. Candidates are expected to tighten their belt and start preparing for the exam to crack it this year. In this space we will be discussing how you can prepare for IBPS PO as well as for IBPS Clerk. These tips and tricks will be helpful for you to crack two most sought after exams in banking industry. These tips and tricks are generalise in nature and you can modify them as per your own convenience. Let’s take a look at the them:
How To Prepare for IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk Exam?
Given below is the strategy for IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk. One of the key point is to understand the need of the exam. For prelims one need to focus both on accuracy and speed.
- Vocabulary portion is very important as it can help you in tackling the difficult passage.
- To improve vocabulary you can refer to Learn Vocabulary for Bank exams on bankersadda. You can also find vocabulary based on the Hindu Editorial on bankersadda.
- Only If you are good at reading, start with Reading comprehension. This section can fetch you 5-6 marks. Otherwise start with grammar based questions, Error Detection, Fillers, Cloze test, etc.
- Revise all the chapters of grammar as it will help you gain marks in the error detection part.
- Give speed test on bankersadda to increase the accuracy and speed.
- Focus more on RC and Para jumble as they constitute the larger portion of this section.
- Give Bankersadda Mains Mock for the close experience of the difficulty level of the questions.
- Data Interpretation constitute a major portion of this section. One can expect around 10-15 questions from this topic. A good command over topics like Percentage, Profit and loss, Time and work, speed and distance, would help the aspirant to ace this section.
- simplification & approximation is one the easy topic and can fetch you good marks and can give you a good start.
- Questions based on number series, data sufficiency and quantity one and quantity two are some miscellaneous types questions which can be ace with the help of speed test of bankersadda and mini mocks.
- Focus should be more on Data interpretation as this again constitute of a major portion of the questions asked in exam.
- Give Bankersadda mock and thorough analysis should be done. Give ample time to solve a question. Focus should be to learn various types of Questions asked in exam.
- Bankersadda also have sectional test for Mains so that candidate can work extensively on their weak area rather than wasting their time on solving all the sections.
Practice is the key to ace this section.
- Puzzles can be considered the king of this section as it dominate the whole reasoning section. There may be 3-4 sets of the puzzle in the exam comprising of 20-25 marks. Ample practice will pave the way for you to excel in this section.
- Miscellenous questions on topics like coding-decoding, alphanumeric series, inequality, etc. can also fetch you those extra marks needed to clear the cut off.
- Use bankersadda mini mocks and speed test to increase your speed in solving puzzle.
- Focus more on new type of questions as they are supposedly doable than most of the puzzle type you must be knowing.
- Critical Reasoning also comes under this section. Thorough understanding of these types of questions can give you an edge.
- Give Mocks and their thorough analysis should be done.
General Awareness for IBPS PO & IBPS Clerk 2020
- This section can give you those extra marks needed for your final selection.
- Students are advised to atleast go through last 5-6 months Current affairs.
- Daily news analysis on Adda247 youtube channel is a great source to ace this section.
- Monthly G.K capsule of Hindu Reviews on bankersadda website can be use as a supplement.
Descriptive writing in IBPS PO 2020
It is another section in IBPS PO Mains comprises of 25 marks where a student is supposed to write an article and letter. Reading newspaper will help you tackle this section. You can practice by writing letter to editor, branch manager and informal letter. For essay writing try to write on topics related current affairs.
Interview Round in IBPS PO 2020
The interview is the final round in the selection process for IBPS PO 2020 recruitment. There is no interview round for IBPS Clerk recruitment.
- Reading The Hindu and Economic Times to tackle those burning questions of the panel.
- You can also join IBPS PO interview boot camp of bankersadda for your personal guidance experienced teachers at the time of your preparation for the interview round.
How to Manage Time: Working Professionals
Given below is the time table to supplement your strategy for IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk:
|Subjects||When to study||What to study|
|English Language||Travelling (1 hour)||can be use to prepare the english section for Reading newspapers and magazine to cover Topics like RC, Fillers, Error Detection, etc.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Get up early in the morning||revise tables, Squares.Solve questions on DI, Percentage, Profit and loss, Distance Etc.(1.5 hour)|
|Reasoning||After coming from the job and taking rest||Puzzle and seating arrangement, Inequality, syllogism Etc
Weekends can be use for giving mocks and watching videos.(1.5 hour)
Weekends can be use to give mocks and for analysing them. Also, Practice is the key to ace this exam.
Important Dates for IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk 2020
Check IBPS Exam Dates 2020-21:
Stages for Recruitment of IBPS PO and Clerk 2020
|IBPS Clerk||Prelims||Mains||No Interview|
Syllabus For IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk 2020
Strategy for IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk includes knowing the syllabus of these respective exams. Bank Exam Preparation tips include knowing the difficulty level of the exams of IBPS PO and Clerk. Both the exams have prelim and mains stage and syllabus is same for both the exams. For Prelims of both the exams one has to prepare for English, Reasoning and Quantitative aptitude. Though difficulty level differ between them. IBPS clerk is comparatively more scoring than IBPS PO.
For Mains stage the syllabus is again same but one has to prepare thoroughly for banking and static awareness and current affairs as well. General awareness can bring you in the list of selected candidates. Hence it is advisable to follow daily current affairs.
Interview is only for IBPS PO and hence ample preparation of current affairs during mains will pave the way for this stage. Regular newspaper reading would also help in tackling burning day to day topics. The Hindu and Economic Times can be use as source for stage.