Only one day is left until the online application window for the IB ACIO Grade-II exam closes on 9th January 2021. The Ministry of home affairs is conducting this exam to recruit 2000 Assistant Central Intelligence Officers. The question that arises in the minds of the applicants is- will this exam be difficult? Can we clear this exam? The answer is, yes. With the right preparation strategy, any candidate can crack the IB ACIO Exam 2020-21 easily. In this article, we will be discussing the best section-wise preparation strategies for￼￼ ￼IB ACIO Exam 2021.
How to Prepare for IB ACIO 2020 Exam?
The IB ACIO Exam consists of three stages:
- IB ACIO Tier-1 Exam: Written (objective)
- IB ACIO Tier-2 Exam : Written(descriptive)
- IB ACIO Interview: personality test
Candidates must get familiar with the syllabus of all these exams before starting their preparations. After getting familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus candidates must follow a study plan to prepare accordingly.
Section-wise Preparation Strategy For Tier I
Below is the detailed exam pattern of the IB ACIO Tier 1 Exam.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|General Awareness||20||20||60 Minutes|
|Logical/Analytical/Numerical Ability & Reasoning Ability||20||20|
Preparation strategy for English language section
Although the English language section is considered to be easier than the other sections if a candidate does not have a stronghold over the basics like grammar and vocabulary then this section can be time-consuming and candidates can lose marks in it. The candidates need to prepare the important topics on which the questions from this section are based. Let us look at those important topics :
- Error spotting
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence completion
- Phrase replacement
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Cloze test￼￼,etc.
One of the most important topics/sections in the reading comprehension section. Approximately 50% of the questions from the English language sections are from reading comprehension. That is why the candidates to Ace this section need to increase their overall score.￼￼
Candidates are advised to read daily newspapers, articles, magazines to improve their reading skills and vocabulary. With improved vocabulary skills and reading skills candidates can ensure scoring good marks in the English language section.￼
Preparation Strategy for Quantitative Aptitude Section
Scoring in the quantitative aptitude section is not a piece of cake. This section can be a Bane for the aspirants￼. Candidates appearing for the IB ACIO￼ Must prepare for the quantitative aptitude section thoroughly￼as this section can consume a lot of time if the candidates do not have a stronghold on the basics. To have a good grip on the quantitative aptitude section the candidates need to prepare some of the most important topics on which the questions are based, like:￼￼
- Simplification / Approximation
- Quadratic Equations
- Averages, Mixtures & Alligation
- Number Series
- Time, Speed, and Distance
- SI & CI
- Averages, Mixtures & Alligation
- Percentages, Partnerships, Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
Preparation Strategy for logical/Analytical￼ ability Section
This section totally based on the practice. This section will test a candidate’s ability to think logically and analytically.￼ This section is similar to the reading ability section of banking exams and some of the most important topics from which the questions will be based are:￼
- Similarities and Differences
- Spatial Visualization and Orientation
- Relationship Concepts
- Decision Making
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Verbal and Figure Reasoning
- Problem Solving
- Coding decoding
- Blood relation
- Seating arrangement￼
To prepare efficiently for this section candidates are advised to practice and take mock tests as much as possible to get familiar with the type of questions that can be asked.￼
Preparation Strategy for General Awareness
To prepare for the General Awareness Section candidates have to cover the following areas:
The general awareness questions are based on the above topics. Candidates are advised to read daily newspapers, magazines, watch the news daily or register for our general awareness capsule to get the latest updates. Click on the link below to Register & Download the November 2020- Current Affairs Capsule:
Other Preparation Strategies
- Cover all the important topics of each section while preparing for the exam. Sections like English, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning Ability requires clear basics and concepts.
- Take a mock test to practice these sections. Sections like reasoning ability and quantitative aptitude require a lot of practice and a good hold on the commonly asked questions. Candidates can practice these questions with Adda247 and get familiar with the pattern of the questions that are frequently asked.
- General awareness is a section that requires a candidate to be updated with the latest news, information, and events. Candidates must read daily newspapers and take quizzes to prepare for this section.