How to Solve Puzzles for IBPS Clerk exam
IBPS Clerk exam is scheduled for December starting and students must be giving attention to the most scoring and important topics. Puzzles are a very important part of the Reasoning section for IBPS Clerk exam. In the recent examination pattern usually, 15-20 questions asked in prelims and 25-30 questions asked in mains examination. You have to practice more and more practice to improve your ability to solve puzzles. To make it easy, here we are come up with easy Tips to solve Puzzles for bank po exam. These easy tips will help you to score better in your upcoming IBPS Clerk exam. You can also check strategy to clear IBPS Clerk exam 2019.
Puzzles are usually based on Seating Arrangements like linear, circular, triangular, rectangular, Floors, Mix Puzzle, Blood Relations based puzzles, etc. Sometimes the puzzle is asked in bank exam by using two different types of arrangements like linear and floor mix, blood relation with a circular puzzle, and designation based puzzles also being frequently asked in the examinations.
Tips to solve puzzle in less time
- Try to Solve DIFFICULT PUZZLES with 100% accuracy is to make 2-3 possibilities for the same puzzle and keep canceling them out as you proceed.
- While doing puzzles, try not to ignore the important key points while reading the question. For example, many a time, students happen to ignore “he/she” given in the question itself and keep wondering in the end if what would the gender of a particular character mentioned in the puzzle. So, avoiding such silly mistakes can help you make the grade.
- The puzzles that are easy to solve should not consume more than 2-3 minutes, the puzzles of moderate level should be solved within 5 minutes and the difficult puzzles should be finished within 8-10 minutes.
- If the time that you take while solving different puzzles is more than the time affirmed above, then you really need to work on it.
- Always choose the statement to start with wisely. The information that is cent percent correct and to the point should always be considered first to start off the puzzle with.
- Never choose to assume anything on your own overdrawing different possibilities to obtain the solution.
- If you are not able to use one or the other information at a time, leave it and move forward with other important points. Use that information later, when a statement calls for it.
- Concentrate on the words like ‘not’, ‘only’, ‘who’, ‘and’.
- Also, try not to ignore the gender-defining terms like ‘him’, ‘her’, ‘he, ‘she’, which are very helpful to decode the information.
How To Solve Puzzles For IBPS Clerk Exam: Approach
1. Analyze and collect all the direct statements provided in the puzzle.
2. Now point out the negative statements provided in the puzzle.
3. Jot them down on the paper in a simplified form so as you do not have to look at the confusing paragraph over and over again. E.g. if the statement is “P sits 3rd to the right of Q” then you can simply write it as “Q →3R P”.
4. If there are different possibilities of the arrangement, draw different arrangements based on them.
5. As you proceed, keep canceling out the possibilities that do not follow or go against the information that is provided in the puzzle.
6. In the end, you will be left with only one possibility that will be following all the positive as well as the negative statements given in the puzzle and that would be the required solution.
The only way out to deal with puzzles for IBPS Clerk exam is a continuous practice. The more you practice, the better you get. To let you practice and ace the score in the Reasoning Section of all the Banking Examinations, we provide you with daily quizzes on Adda247 Mobile App and Bankersadda. You are the one who has to choose if to practice hard and bring it off or not. Knowledge is of no value unless you put it in practice. Keep practicing, it will pay big time.