IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis
IBPS PO Mains Exam consist of 4 sections of objective test: Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General Awareness, and English. There is another section of descriptive test that includes Essay and Letter Writing of 25 marks that is to be tackled in 30 minutes. We have come up with the good attempts of IBPS PO Mains Exam 2019.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis: Good Attempts
The good attempts as per the review of students in the IBPS PO Mains are given in the table below. It is clarified that good attempts are solely based on the review of students. The level of IBPS PO Mains was of very difficult and lengthy.
Following is the order of occurrence of the sections: Reasoning-> GA -> English -> Data Analysis
|Section||Good Attempts (in ques)|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||6 – 8|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||9 – 13|
|Total||63 – 66|
Watch Exam Analysis by Adda247 Experts:
IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis: Data Analysis & Interpretation
The level of Quantitative Aptitude was difficult and lengthy. The Data Analysis & Interpretation carries a total of 60 marks and has 35 questions. In this section there were 25 questions of 2 marks and 10 questions of 1 marks each. Students who have appeared in this examination reported that the arrangement of questions in this section was tricky as all 2 marks questions appeared at that start before 1 mark questions. This section included all the questions of DIs and there was just 1 question of wrong number series. Following were the types of DI in IBPS PO Mains 2019 exam:
- Probability based Line Graph (Data related to no. of students was given)
- Bar Graph ( 3 Companies- X, Y, Z)
- Missing DI (No. of Applicants valid and invalid were given-A,B,C,D,E)
- Pie Chart based DI ( Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4)
- Percentage based Line Graph DI (data related to orders delivered and cancelled was given)
- Caselet DI -4 questions (data related to batteries- A, B, C – percentage of battery and unit of battery in neurotherapy)
- Time and work based Caselet DI
|Topic||No. of Questions||Level|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis: Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
The Reasoning & Computer Knowledge together contributes a total of 45 questions and carried a total of 60 marks. As per the ongoing trend there was no question of computer aptitude in this section and all the questions were of reasoning ability only. The level of questions asked in this section was very difficult as students had a tough time to analyse what to attempt in order to score. Following were the types of puzzles and seating arrangement asked in IBPS PO Mains 2019 examination:
- Floor based puzzle ( 40 story building, 10 people)
- Circular Seating Arrangement ( 7 people were to be arranged to be seated facing the centre of a circular table + according to their water consumption)
- Box based puzzle
- Linear Arrangement of 11 houses from west to east, where 3 houses were vacant and 8 people had to be arranged along with those houses according to their age.
- Designation based puzzle of order and ranking (Male,Female + 3 Cities- Hyderabad, Delhi, Pune)
There were around 5 questions of logical reasoning which were based on Statement and Inference.
Here is the topic-wise break-up:
No. of Questions
Seating Arrangement and Puzzles
Difficult and Tricky
|Direction Sense with Coding Decoding||3||
|Machine Input Output (coding based with 3 steps)||4||
|Machine Input Output with 4 steps||3||
IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis: English
This section had 35 questions for 40 marks. According to the review shared by student the level of English Language section was also moderate to difficult in this exam. There were a total of 3 sets of reading comprehensions and their questions were arranged randomly in the test. Following were the themes of the passages:
- Quality of education in US
- Economy Based RC on a comparison of GDP and Gross National Happiness in Bhutan
- Comparison between men and women’s soccer team
Sentence Rearrangement questions were not from the conventional pattern. Here 4 sentences were given in jumbled form where student’s had to arrange each of the sentence first to form a meaningful sentence.
There were two types of word rearrangement questions asked in this exam.
Four words were marked as bold in two sentences and students had to replace or interchange the words in these two sentences to a pair of meaningfull sentences
Single sentence was given with four words marked as bold (in which one word was incorrect with the context of the sentence). Students had to rearrange the words and identify the one which does not fits in the sentence.
|Topics||No. of Questions||Level|
|Word Rearrangement ( Two Sentences)||5||Difficult|
|Word Rearrangement ( Single Sentences)||5||Difficult|
|Sentence Rearrangement||5||Moderate- Difficult|
|New Pattern based Cloze Test||3||Moderate- Difficult|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis: General Awareness
General/ Financial/ Banking Awareness section had 40 questions for 40 marks. Most of the questions were from current affairs of last 3 months (majorly Oct-Nov). This section was relatively moderate when compared with Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. Some of the questions were related to the following:
- Chief Justice of India
- COP25 Summit
- ADB 200 Million Loan to which state?
- Audio visual heritage 2019 theme
IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis: Descriptive
The descriptive test is of 25 marks in the IBPS PO Mains Examination. The descriptive writing test has 2 questions – Letter, and Essay and candidates had to attempt it in a time limit of 30 minutes.
Essay Writing Topics ( Candidates had to choose any 1) – word limit 250 words
- Ethical Banking
- Social Media Influencer’s Impact on us
- Contribution of Unorganised Sector in Indian Economy
- Pros and Cons of 4 days working in a week
- FDI in retail sector
Letter Writing Topics ( Candidates had to choose any 1) – word limit 150 words
- Write a letter to your bank’s branch manager informing him that your EMI installment of Rs. 3000 has been deducted instead of Rs. 2000. Request him to take the necessary action to rollback the transaction or adjust the amount.
- Write a letter to the Road Transport Authority expressing your concern over usage of high beam LED lights in bikes and cars
- Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper expressing your concern on the state of elderly living alone by themselves. Request the government to take some initiatives to help the senior citizens living alone.
All the best for upcoming exams!!
You can also mail your exam experience and review to us at firstname.lastname@example.org