Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has started her Union Budget Speech in the Parliament. The budget has something for everyone and it will be such that it will attend to weak, old and vulnerable citizens. The budget is aiming to boost growth and enhance the purchasing power of people. To help you ace government jobs, we have provided some Important One Liners based on Union Budget 2021.
Important One Liners Based on Union Budget 2021-22
- The Union Budget is presented by: Union Finance Minister.
- Jal Jeevan Mission with an outlay crore to cover houses and to be implemented over five years: Rs 2.87 lakh
- GoI to be allocated for further funds for COVID-19 vaccines. we will provide more for COVID-19 vaccines if required: Rs 35,000 crore
- Power transmission assets are to be transferred to Power Grid InvIT: Rs 7,000 crore
- Union budget comes under: Article 112.
- How much amount has been allotted by the government for National Highway Projects in Tamil Nadu: Rs 1.03 lakh crore.
- How much amount FM announces for public sector banks: Rs 20,000 crore.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announces a new gas pipeline project for: Jammu and Kashmir.
- How much amount has been earmarked for promoting a digital mode of payment in Union Budget: Rs 1,500 crore.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced an allocation to the state of Goa for celebrating the 60th anniversary of the liberation from Portuguese rule: Rs 300 crore.
- FM announces a special scheme for the welfare of women and children in Assam and West Bengal tea workers: Rs 1,000 crore.
- The fiscal deficit has been estimated for 2020-21: 9.5% of GDP
- Central University to be set up in: Leh.
- NRIs to be spared from double taxation. New rules to be notified. Tax audit limit: increased from Rs 5 crore to Rs 10 crore.
- The government has given relief measures for senior citizens by removing the need to file income tax returns for those aged over: 75 years.
- Tax holiday for start-ups increased by one more year – till March 31, 2022.
- Customs duty on copper scrap cut to: 2.5 per cent.
- Exemption duty on steel scrap up to: March 2022
- Customs duty on solar lanterns cut to: 5%.
- How many textile parks will be launched for over three years: 7
- National Infrastructure Pipeline has been expanded to: 7,400 projects.
UNION BUDGET 2021-22 HIGHLIGHTS IN HINDI – BUDGET 2021 INDIA CURRENT AFFAIRS – UPSC, SSC, BANK