India to invest $30 billion for 4G and 5G connectivity to every village: Ashwini Vaishnav, the telecom minister, announced at the Global Fintech Fest that India will invest $30 billion to ensure last-mile accessibility to 4G and 5G services in every village and the government intends to cover the entire nation within two years.
India to invest $30 billion for 4G and 5G connectivity: Key Points
- To secure last-mile network connectivity for 4G and 5G in every village nationwide, the government is spending $30 billion. So far, they have been able to contact more than 1.5 lakh gram panchayats and are currently constructing a highway by establishing an entire ecosystem of village entrepreneurs, focusing the energies of children to bring high-speed, high-quality data access to every village in the nation while involving them in the growing process.
- After testing this model, the government is currently facilitating 80,000 new connections every month.
- Three main areas of fintech for the government to focus on: creating a solid digital infrastructure and a digital regulatory framework, social inclusion, and societal demands associated with it.
- Ashwini Vaishnaw, the telecom minister stated that telecom is the basic core of Digital India. Additionally, the Prime Minister had given the government a clear directive to update India’s digital regulatory framework so that it supports global competitiveness and is benchmarked against other countries’ systems.
- The new telecom bill, the Digital Personal Data Protection Bill, and the IT Act of 2000 are all currently being examined by the government in order to create an interactive framework in which industry concerns are addressed by the government and government concerns are appropriately taken into consideration by the industry. It is necessary to modulate technological navigation to safeguard end users’ interests.
- By this year’s Diwali, Reliance Jio will introduce high-speed 5G telecom services in a number of significant cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai. By December 2023, from now, the company intends to extend its 5G network to each and every town, tehsil, and taluka in the whole nation.
|Current Affairs April 2022|