The knowledge of Static Awareness is very important for all govt. Examinations whether it is SSC, Banking or UPSC. The knowledge of Static Awareness and various important facts about different state can also give you an upper hand in interviews and cracking General Awareness section. Today, in brief, we will talk about the most naturally bestowed states in the country i.e. Kerala.
With the Arabian Sea in the west, the Western Ghats towering 500-2700 m in the east and networked by 44 rivers, Kerala enjoys unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia. An equable climate. A long shoreline with serene beaches. Tranquil stretches of emerald backwaters. Lush hill stations and exotic wildlife. The topography consists of a hot and wet coastal plain gradually rising in elevation to the high hills and mountains of the Western Ghats.
Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor: P. Sathasivam
National Park in Kerala:
1. Eravikulam National Park
2. Silent Valley National Park
Name of Wildlife Sanctuary (WLS) in Kerala:
1. Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary
2. Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
3. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
4. Wayanad Sanctuary
Important Airports in Kerala:
1. Trivandrum International Airport – Thiruvananthapuram
2. Kannur International Airport – Kannur
3. Cochin International Airport – Kochi
4. Calicut International Airport – Karipur
Important Ports in Kerala:
Kottayam Port and Container Terminal
Vizhinjam International Seaport
Important Fact about Kerala:
1. Kannur is known as crown of Kerala and Jawaharlal Nehru referred to Kannur as the ‘Garden of India’.
2. Kathakali is a famous folk dance of Kerala
3. Kerala is the most literate state in India, with 93.91% literacy.