Mother’s Day 2023
Mother’s Day is a significant occasion that is celebrated globally to honour and appreciate mothers. The year 2023 will witness the celebration of Mother’s Day on May 14th, which provides us with an opportunity to express our deep gratitude, love, and admiration towards our mothers. A mother’s role in life is unmatchable and the imprints that mothers leave in our hearts and minds linger on for a lifetime.
Women are bestowed with a special power to carry forward life through generations. The life of a woman changes from the day of giving birth. It is a natural instinct or motherly nature for a woman that the focal point of life becomes her son/daughter after childbirth. There begins a journey of a mother where she nurtures, feeds, cares for, loves and teaches her child to the best of her capability. In our lives mothers play different roles to perfection at times she is our best friend, at times our comfort and more often she is the pillar of our strength. Mothers Day 2023 is a small effort to pay tribute to the role that mothers have in our lives.
Mother’s Day 2023: History
Mother’s Day has its roots in ancient Greece, where a festival was held in mid-March to honour Rhea, the mother of the gods. Later, Christian traditions adopted the festival to honour Mary, the mother of Jesus and renamed it as Mothering Sunday. In 1908, Anna Jarvis, who had lost her mother, first celebrated Mother’s Day in the United States. Originally celebrated on the second Sunday of May, Mother’s Day is now a universal celebration observed in all countries.
Mother’s Day 2023: Quote
Here are a few quotes for Mother’s Day 2023.
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” – Rudyard Kipling
- “A mother’s love is more beautiful than any fresh flower.” – Debasish Mridha
- “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” – James E. Faust
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” – Princess Diana
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a while, but their hearts forever.” – Unknown
- “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us.” – Washington Irving
- “The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.” – Unknown
- “A mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” – Marion C. Garretty
- “There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul.” – Unknown
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Mermillod
|World Red Cross Day 2023|
|National Technology Day 2023|
|International Girls in ICT Day|
|World Labour Day|
|World Heritage Day|